Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] The Great War II - NEW FOURTH ERA MAP!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] The Great War II - NEW FOURTH ERA MAP!

The Great War II

We will be using my newest Unofficial Patch 1.42.
    A small DLC, including Fourth Era map from TES TW 2.0 is needed to donwload as well

DLC Installation:
    - 0) Install TES Unofficial Patch 1.42 via this simple
    FULL LINK. Only extract into your /steamapps/Medieval II Total War/mods.
    - 1) You can download Fourth Era Map DLC through this link. Extract it into your /steamapps/Medieval II Total War/mods/The_Elder_Scrolls. It will ask you to overwrite, hit yes. If it doesnt, you are extracting it into a wrong folder

Check out
    The Elder Scrolls Hotseat Guide!

Important information for those playing in other older TES Hotseats
    (such as Rise of The Queen or Black Drake, etc)
    - Irrelevant for those playing only in this hotseat or The Great War II

Unfortunately, it turns out that this hotseat (and The Great War II) is not save compatible with the older hotseats. However, I have an easy solution for that.
    - Download the
    Original map.
    - Put both "Original map" and "Fourth Era DLC" into your /mods/The_Elder_Scrolls.
    - Each time you will need to switch the files, just right click on one of the two files, then click on 7-zip and choose unpack/extract here. Again, it will ask you to overwrite

Alternatively, if you dont like this, you can just have two permanent big TES folder, one with the old map, and one with the new map, and just switch the names of the folder. "The_Elder_Scrolls" must always be called that folder, that you want to be using in the moment

Admin
    captainorway

Co-Admin

Factions

Mede Empire (led by Emperor Titus Mede)

Mede Empire (The Emperor) - Jadli

Kingdom of Daggerfall and Clan of Crowns - Chieftain Khuzaymah

Kingdom of Wayrest and Clan of Forebears -
    Chieftain Khuzaymah

High Kingdom of Skyrim -
    Curtis Le May

Third Aldmeri Dominion (led by The Thalmor)

High Kingdom of Summerset Isles (The Thalmor) - General Dragon

Kingdom of Valenwood - OPEN

Elsweyr Confederacy (Anequina+Pelletine) - Xamax

Independent

Kingdom of New Orsinium - HouseStarkFTWThe Undead - AI

Diplomacy Rules

- Diplomacy is mostly locked with some exceptions.
    - Kingdom of Orsinium can choose to join Aldmeri Dominion or Mede Empire
    - Kingdom of Valenwood is allowed to revolt against The Thalmor, if the Dominin looses all lands in Cyrodiil (counting Dominion and Elsweyr, settlements not Valenwood)
    - Clan of Crowns and Forebears starts at war with each other (However, Daggerfall and Wayrest are not). They are not allowed to sign ceasefire or alliance till turn 10.
    - The remaining factions are not allowed to switch sides or revolt.

Map preview
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Rules
    - Time limits will be strictly followed.
    - Time to play your turn is 24h. The Admin may ocasionally grant a 24h extension ONLY if you ask for it. If you dont, and are late without any communcation, you will be skipped. You will get a sub only if you there is some communication between the admin and you before you are late, you can also appoint a subber. If you are skipped, you can still play before the next player in turn plays his turn. However, time limit for him starts in the point you get skipped.

- No exploits/bugs allowed.
    Posting defeats, making walls of units on map to disallow enemy agents to move and stomping/killing agents with units, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, intentionally spreading a plague with agents/units, stepping on a merchant to remove him from a trade resource, exploiting AI factions ( for example demanding/accepting money or settlements from AI factions), and more.
    - Suiciding your faction is not allowed, and may result into your removal from the HS.

- List of known bugs:

1) The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort's or a settlement's Zone of Control.

2) Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.

3) Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.

4) Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.

5) Attacking ships inside the port - Attacking ships that are inside ports is not allowed.

6) Recruitment pool fill up - Quing up units in the recruitment sloots to increase artifically units/agents maximum number you can recruit in one settlement.

7) Recruting mercenaries in forts with depleted movement points - Using forts to get illegal maximum movement points to mercenaries in a depleted army.

8) Using ships to get more movement range - Using ships to give more movement range to armies on seas.

Military rules

- No one turn peace ( although you cannot attack land of the enemy alliance, if they hasnt played their first turn yet. You can cross lands of a faction that hasnt played its 1st turn yet, if your army doesnt stand in enemy territory after its movement).
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list.Armies standing in a settlement when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    Heroic victories against players are not be allowed. However, occasionally it happens player cant get any other type of victory then heroic victory. In such cases heroic victories may be allowed, but only if the odds are higher for the attacker than 1:1.
    - You are not allowed to intentionally loose a battle on your turn
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. No attacking ships in ports using a game bug. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port.
    - You are allowed to win a naval battle only if you have at least 1:2 odds.
    -Not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.
    - Not allowed to build watchtowers.
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile closer to bring it in range of more of your forces.
    - Limit of 2 forts per region per faction. At least 4 per fort are required.
    - Each unit of siege equipment can be used just once in each turn to take settlement.
    Ballistas can assault wooden walls and forts,
    catapults can also assault basic stone walls/castles,
    and trebuchets can also assault also large stone walls and fortresses.

- Huge stone walls, citadels and starting capitals cannot be assaulted by any unit of siege equipment, only a siege.

Agent rules

- Spies are not allowed to open Gates on players, unless there is at least 60% (for starting capitals, huge stone walls, citadels its 80%) chance of entering into the settlement. If a spy was has been in city for several turns, you will have to leave the settlement and enter it again. If inside the settlement is at least 1200 soldiers (720 for starting capitals, citadels, huge stone walls ), than a spy may not open the gates anyway. Screenshots must be provided
    - Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members or generals. Assassins need at least 60% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins/spies just 30% is required. Screenshots must be provided
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required

- Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn. You can bribe only settlements/forts that your armies can directly march into.

Settlement rules

- Destruction of buildings is not allowed. Only exceptions are churches of foreign religions. They can be destroyed immediately after taking a settlement
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements.
    - Two factions can trade maximally one settlement per turn. Such settlements musnt be in war zone.
    Last edited by Jadli; July 27, 2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: upgraded

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] The Great War II - NEW FOURTH ERA MAP! - OPEN SPOTS

If you have any suggestions, or would like to change something, just say so

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] The Great War II - NEW FOURTH ERA MAP! - OPEN SPOTS

I'm a little confused about where each of the corresponding nations are on the map?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Gaming Emeritus

Well, southern nations from left to right are Dominion, Valenwood, and both Elsweyr factions.
    Middle from left to right right is Daggerfall (green), Forebears, Crowns, Empire.
    North from left to right Wayrest (white), Orcs, Skyrim

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I take the Aldmeri Dominion!

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

I'll take Orsinium

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I'll take Daggerfall or the Mede Empire if no one more "experienced" wants to play it.

Gaming Emeritus

So also The Crowns?

Alright, I might take Mede Empire, to remember old good days from TGW I and crush Dragon finally

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Aye yeah also the crowns.

Feels like I should join this one as one of the winners of the first TGW but being forced onto a side is never really my thing haha, will have to think about it.

Gaming Emeritus

Come join my side Sal, so we can grind Jadli down once more.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Put me down for High Kingdom of Skyrim if that's still open.

Quote Originally Posted by General Dragon. View Post
    Come join my side Sal, so we can grind Jadli down once more.
    I am no fan of those factions I am afraid I might still join but forced alliances is still something that I dont like personally

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Is there a reason Aexodus is marked down for the faction I chose?

Gaming Emeritus

Sorry, for some reason I just keep mixing you two together

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Perfectly understandable. We're both absolutely insufferable.

I shall claim Kingdom of Wayrest and Clan of Forebears! For the Empire!!

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, we are full! We should hopefully start tomorrow or the day after that, once I finish some balancing
    Last edited by Jadli; March 18, 2020 at 05:27 PM.

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] The Great War II - NEW FOURTH ERA MAP!

Hold up how am I given Valenwood haha, well ok then I guess ill play

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [The Elder Scrolls - Unofficial Patch 1.42] The Great War II - NEW FOURTH ERA MAP!

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    Hold up how am I given Valenwood haha, well ok then I guess ill play
    Classic jadli way of forcing you to join.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast