Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] WARS OF THE DIADOCHI (WOTD)

Default [WIP] WARS OF THE DIADOCHI (WOTD)

Salve! Fellow modders of the all time favorite RTW game. Here, without further ado i give you the mod "Wars of the Diadochi".

Background
    As my closest RTW modding pals know i'm a huge fan of the mod Diadochi Total War; still, as many true DTW fans i always wondered why it didn't actually focused on the diadochi (or at least chopped hispania for Zeus sake!). Now, after many years of playing it and attempting to modding it i have finally reached huge advancements into the making of the next mod about the Diadochi. Famous for their wars, famous for their leaders, their kings, their battles and off course, their falls now you have the chance to take command of this multiethnic armies; will you be able to be as great as Antiongus? Will you surpass his own feats? Or will you attempt to achieve were even Seleucus the Victor couldn't acquire glory.

The choice is yours, the world.... could be.

Finally, here it is, this is the World of the Diadochi. Here is where history writes.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

MAKEDONIA

HELLAS

AEGEAN COAST

MEGALE HELLAS

THRAKE

TRINACRIA

AIGYPTOS

SYRIA

PHRYGIA

ARMENIA

BABYLONIA

QRT HDST

PAROPAMISADAI

BAKTRA

ITALIA

PERSIA

THE ZAGROS

IOUDAIA

Please remain tuned, next update are factions and ethnic rosters!

CREDITS LOG:

- Lanjane, the most amazing modder i've met in the last years, he is truly an one man modding army. Provider of the new settlement models in this preview, his fantastic UI interfaces and many more eyecandy for the whole mod. Plus his continous support on discord.
    - Mausolos of Mylasa, for his patience and limitless support with historical knowledge (even when i'm not historical accurate
    - KingAlmighty, a modeller to fill the void that Ferres, Algaman, Rarity (among my favorites) left when stopped modding. Wait until you see his magnificent creations!!!!
    - Jirisys for his nonstop support with ancient language and geography
    - Roma Surrectum II team for their support of independent and small team modders with the release of their outstanding textures and enviroments.
    - ahowl11 for his friendship and counsel on his discord.
    - The Discord community for being there to provide support (almost) when needed.
    - The RTRPE/RTRVII teams, who were my first mod ever and my favorite content creators and donors for this project.
    - AEE team for allowing me to use their strat map trees.
    - RTR Anabasis for the Carthaginian port model.
    - Rise of three Kingdoms mod team. Gigantus and Seether for allowing the use of strat map resources all the way from China
    - The TWCenter community, and all those modders that have given endless ammounts of time over the years, creating content, guides, answering questions, and giving endless support to us modders.

If you see your work among this previews, please do not presume it is a rip off. Maybe you are part of a bigger team and i simply was granted permission from other members. If you are an individual and have not been mentioned in credits please do PM me to see where i got your work from and why i might have thought that your wokr was among granted permissions.
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; June 10, 2020 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Updates

Default Re: [WIP] WARS OF THE DIADOCHI (WOTD)

Awesome preview man!! Good luck with this project!! I want to see more soon!!

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Hi Alejandro Magno,

nice to see that someone else is developing a Diadochi mod. Some time ago I was a big fan of the Diadochi too and developed a German-speaking mod (The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of RTW 1.5) Unfortunately it was not done so professionally and the big problem for many players is the German language. But it was a lot of fun working on it.
    I like much what I see from your work so far. I wish you a quick development and a good success with it and hope for new results soon.

Greets Magnentius

The map is incredible, I'm eager to see your new units.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon de Atenas View Post
    Awesome preview man!! Good luck with this project!! I want to see more soon!!
    Gracias Solón. La previa de las facciones ya viene, hice unos pequeños ajustes a los simbolos que me la retrasó pero vamos viento en popa.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnentius View Post
    Hi Alejandro Magno,

nice to see that someone else is developing a Diadochi mod. Some time ago I was a big fan of the Diadochi too and developed a German-speaking mod (The Wars of the Diadochi - A german modification of RTW 1.5) Unfortunately it was not done so professionally and the big problem for many players is the German language. But it was a lot of fun working on it.
    I like much what I see from your work so far. I wish you a quick development and a good success with it and hope for new results soon.

Greets Magnentius
    I know about your mod Magnentius. It might seem like i slowed down a bit, but only because my very good friend Lanjane showed me the tricks to mess around with .CAS models, so instead of hunting out for models to settle my desires, i spent weeks creating models that fill my aims at 100%. They look beautiful, altough i can't take all the credit, a lot of them is based on the already fantastic work of previous modellers. I'm preparing some battle screenies of them in action, altough i might need to learn to tweak a little bit battlemap lightning because some of them look kind of dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    The map is incredible, I'm eager to see your new units.
    New update is factions, including historical figures for the main campaign and then will come the units. I'm trying to keep an order with work but sometimes i learn to do new stuff and just jump to the next thing and that sometimes can cause a mess and make me take a few steps back. Yet once this is all in order be ready for a landslide of new content

Mod is dead?

I don´t think so. Modders use to take time to show news.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Icehole View Post
    Mod is dead?
    Short answer: NO

Long answer: i've been doing a lot of modelling and texturing work, and i want to have a lot to show on the next preview, but i can show a sneak peek here

Alexander's Silver Shields vs Antigonid Pikemen

Seleucid Chalkaspides

Inspiration for Ptolemaic Kleruchs

Gallery of some of the unit variations for the mod
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; June 10, 2020 at 11:31 AM.

Excellent work!
    Is there going to be a battle beta before the campaign release?

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Fantastic !!
    Keep up the great work friend ...

Quote Originally Posted by El Santo Padre View Post
    Short answer: NO

Long answer: i've been doing a lot of modelling and texturing work, and i want to have a lot to show on the next preview, but i can show a sneak peek here

Alexander's Silver Shields vs Antigonid Pikemen

Seleucid Chalkaspides

Inspiration for Ptolemaic Kleruchs

Gallery of some of the unit variations for the mod
    How much longer?

Very nice Oz, i really love this project you work on, those units look very cute!! i hope to see more soon!

Quote Originally Posted by agugus_77 View Post
    Very nice Oz, i really love this project you work on, those units look very cute!! i hope to see more soon!
    Bro. Your'e not supposed to say those units look cute. Your'e supposed to say those units look ready to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Icehole View Post
    Bro. Your'e not supposed to say those units look cute. Your'e supposed to say those units look ready to kill.

I love them so I say they are beautiful, it is something that comes from the beginning of modding

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing stuff I reall like the Ptolemaic Kleruchs, they are amazing!

Ty for you kind comments regarding this work. I got sick with this COVID stuff, but i'm finally better. I will resume work once i'm fully recovered so expect more progress soon.

Quote Originally Posted by El Santo Padre View Post
    Ty for you kind comments regarding this work. I got sick with this COVID stuff, but i'm finally better. I will resume work once i'm fully recovered so expect more progress soon.
    Glad you did not die.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

great looking mod!
    looking forwards glad covid wasn´t that bad after all

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thank you all for your messages. I'm back with workfor this mod.
    I've been spending the last efforts reviving some ancient warrios of antiquity; since in the diadochi wars there will be plenty of avaible phalangite units i feel the need to make each one as unique as possible.... so, with the help of my mad historian and google i've been digging info about important names and characters from hellenistic times.
    Today the revival machines has brought back either Lyson or Kallikles (we are not sure what brother we revived) to command once again the antigonid armies into the battlefield.

This is the tomb we exhumated hoping to revive one of the guys on the right

And this is what the team got

Massive hellenistic preview still building up but coming fast so please be patient and stay tuned.
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; September 17, 2020 at 06:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast