So I've seen several Quora posts about this on my feed and I immediately thought of EB2, because its one of the few games that have a diverse array of units where I can build armies for specific purposes or have multi-purpose armies with different units to conduct specific tasks.
NATO defines special forces or special operations forces as "military activities conducted by specially designated, organized, trained, and equipped forces, manned with selected personnel, using unconventional tactics, techniques, and modes of employment".
My question is what units in EB2 do you feel fit into the modern definition of special forces that you use in battles for special operations where those particular units are well-suited for that mission?

Looking through the Recruitment Viewer (which I wish was updated and with a search or sort function) I found these units which could qualify as special forces. In the context of EB2 these would be: skirmishers that are very skilled with javelins and can act as medium infantry in a pinch, heavy assault infantry that are perfect for assaulting contested spaces like walls or chokepoints, flanking infantry whose sole purpose is to wait for the exact moment to go around a flank and attack the enemy in the side or rear causing a rout and heavy spearman men to protect key points on a battlefield at least long enough to delay the enemy for reinforcements. Are there any that I am missing?

Peltasts (Elite Skirmishers)
West-Anatolian Elite Infantry
Dacian Elite Skirmishers
Thracian Peltasts
Cretan Infantry

Shock Infantry (cause fear)
Thracian Rhomphaia bearers
Dacian Falxmen
Gallic Naked Fanatics (Gaesatae)

Heavy Infantry swordsman
Celtiberian Champions
Leusitane Elite Swordsman
Aquitanii Noble Infantry
Gallic Nobles
British Nobles
Elite Infantry of the Italic Allies (Pedites Extraordinarii)
West Anatolian Champions
Hellenistic Infantry (Peltastai Makedones)
Armorican Nobles
Germanic Bodyguard

Heavy Infantry spearman
Carthaginian Sacred Band
Spartan Hoplites
Hellenistic Elite Heavy Spearman
Greek Elite Hoplites
Hellenistic Royal Guard
Bactrian Elite Infantry
Pontic Elite Hoplites