HouseStarkFTW

Rhun: themzr
    Balcoth:
    Wilson3051

Admin
    General Dragon.

Rules

Map:

• No capturing any settlements beyond the red line (will be added to the map once we decide the factions)

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 24 hours or 48 hours with notification. Admin will sub lightly. I will not skip, but I also will not spend a ton of time on your turn
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Gameplay

• You are not allowed to attack any human opponent on turn 1, unless that player has already played his turn. Attacking includes starting a siege. There is no restriction on where you can move your armies/agents, however.
    • You must autoresolve all battles against human player. You are allowed to fight battles against rebels manually.
    • You may gift regions to another faction, but you must disband all but one unit immediately. This unit is considered a free "home guard" unit and cannot leave the settlement under any circumstances. The home guard unit must also be disbanded within 3 turns.
    • No gifting settlements at risk of capture
    • No heroic victories unless it is impossible to achieve a different result (at least 5 reloads)
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No Assassins
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • Players are not allowed to siege a settlement in order to prevent enemy units from retreating inside it
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • All crossings points of the Anduin are in play
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces. If all forces wishing to attack are within range of the ambushing army then it may be brought out of ambush and attacked with those forces.

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 720+ elves, 900+ men, or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • Note – Isengard must have 1500 soldiers in a settlement before it is safe from spies, even if some of those soldiers are dunlendings (men). This is because the standard unit size for Isengard is 250 across the board. Rhun, on the other hand, falls under the 900 man category because its standard unit size is 150
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that a settlement with more defenders has better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players
    Last edited by Jadli; March 21, 2020 at 02:17 AM. Reason: edited

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [TATW mod] The Land of Shadow

I'll join this. I'd vote area 2

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Please, state in your posts which mod would you prefer, and which faction would you prefer in each area.

Also, if you have other ideas, for example which other area could we play, speak up.

And if you would prefer allowed diplomacy, let us know as well.

We intend to have less players in this, so it can be fast paced and thus more fun. I think having more than 3vs3 could be too much, in which case we would make another hotseat

EDIT

Damn you HouseStark, you were too quick

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    EDIT

Damn you HouseStark, you were too quick
    That's what she said.

So Dagor Ennor, Area 2, and dwarves

Default Re: [TATW mod] The Land of Shadow - OPEN SPOTS!

Dagor Ennor area 1 Rohan
    wont mind area 2 dol gudur, as a secondary choice

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Dagor Ennor, area 2, Dale/Rhun.

I would say DAC area 1 Mordor

But seeing the voting if it is area 2 Dagor Ennor

probapply pick rhun

Gaming Emeritus

Well for now it seems like Area 2 Dagor Ennor.
    Aexodus said he would join, so we will also need a 6th players, should be easy to find

So if we go with it, it would be

Dale
    Dwarves
    Silvan Elves

vs

Mordor (Dol guldur part)
    Balcoth
    Rhun

Adanedhel and HouseStark are experienced, so they definitely cant be on the same side.

So I assume we do it like this?

Dwarves - HouseStark
    Dale - OPEN
    Silvan Elves - OPEN

Rhun - Adanedhel or GameMaster
    Balcoth - Adanedhel or Gamemaster
    Dol Guldur - Wilson

Thoughts?
    Two new ppl can change voting a lot tho, so lets see what they think

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I’ll take Isengard in area 1 or woodland elves in area 2. I also vote area 2, Divide and Conquer.
    Last edited by Aexodus; March 15, 2020 at 07:14 AM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I will join this seeing as how I need to expand on my streak of being the longest active player in all 3 hotseating sections I will only be able to play if it is a Dagor game. I cannot install DAC
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Gaming Emeritus

Well, its seems from your votes its closer to Dagor Ennor. I have two (or perhaps more) ppl on discord who might join, so if that happens, we could do one hotseats on DaC and one on DE (each 2vs2 or more). So a bit more wait

I would like to join, preferably DaC since I have it installed and my pc is quite low on memory.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd rather not install DaC either, like Themzr.

Gaming Emeritus

Alright, it seems there is no significant majority, so lets divide it into two hotseats one with DaC and one with DE. Will divide the threads tomorrow, in the meantime it will be less confusing for new people to declare their interest in playing only in this one thread
    Last edited by Jadli; March 16, 2020 at 06:19 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Okay, so I divided us into two hotseats, one using DaC and one using Dagor Ennor (this one )

If you would like to play both in both, you can find the other one here https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...5#post15886615

So I believe your preferences were for Area 2, I assigned factions the way you can see in the OP, so if you would do it other way, let me know. If no body has any issues, I start you tomorrow.

If somebody else wants to join, we can still dd Dol Guldur and Silvan Elves, so better hurry

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - Third Age] The Land of Shadow I - OPEN SPOTS!

Alright, you guys are started!

Dale up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/s6c61x...le_T2.sav/file

I uploaded new map ino the OP, from the looks of it, you can take Dol Guldur from rebels, as well as relatively plenty other settlements. You are not allowed to leave the area inside the black line. Sometimes some scripts migth show up, but they should do anything. And sorry for the bunch of messages about destroyed faction, as I killed lot of them, which is why we start from the 1st turn (I also had to click through some initial scripts.

Its the same version as the one we are using in Dragon's War of The Dragons HS

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - Third Age] The Land of Shadow I - OPEN SPOTS!

Oh, and I allowed 1 fort per region (with 5 men garissonú. If you are against it, we remove it. And you are allowed to fight battles against the rebels manually.

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Dagor Silmarillion - Third Age] The Land of Shadow I

And General Dragon. will be your main admin! Rep to him!

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I am against the high garrison number.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Gaming Emeritus

One of them is freeupkept, so its like if it was 4 And also TATW is not eactly known for gaing buidable forts, so I dont want to make it easy to have (if we want to have them at all)

But of course, if most of you agree on it, it can be changed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast