Thread: CHANGE DIPLOMATIC STANCE IN THE STRATPOS (HELP)

Default CHANGE DIPLOMATIC STANCE IN THE STRATPOS (HELP)

Good morning guys

I would like to change the diplomatic stance between Sicily and Venice (Charlemagne DLC) in order to make Venice a vassal of Sicily

I have already a startpos file edited and I looked at the relationship between Langobards and their vassals (Benevento/spoleto) just to have an example to follow for the modification of the strings

I tried to change the values in the strings in the same way I saw for Langobards and their vassals but I get a crush when I open the diplomatic panel (in the game) and I click on Venice.

I don't know which value I have to change in order to avoid that game crashes (I'm able to set up the vassal status for Venice but it seems that it requires another value to work)

Someone can help me please?

<campaign_startpos>
    <Compressed_data>
    <Campaign_env>
    <Campaign_model>
    <World>
    <Faction_array>
    <Faction_array-10> Sicily
    <Faction>
    In this file I wrote "cha_fact_venice" in the 11th line from below
    <Old diplomatic manager>
    <diplomatic relationship array-60>
    Venice faction numer is 42 , in this file I changed the status from defensive_allies to master

then
    <Faction_array-40> Venice
    <Faction>
    In this file I wrote "12" (the faction number of Sicily) in the 15th line from above

<Old diplomatic manager>
    <diplomatic relationship array-15>
    Sicily faction numer is 12 , in this file I changed the status from defensive allies to vassal

All seems to work but when I click on venice faction (diplomacy panel in the game) the game crashes
    Last edited by CostantinoXI; March 07, 2020 at 07:08 AM.
    Historical Loading Screens and new Quotes http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post12199987

I'm flying away \Running like the wind \As I chase the sun \Up spinning around \Circles in my mind \Sailing over ground

Planet Funk - Chase The Sun

gdwitt's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: CHANGE DIPLOMATIC STANCE IN THE STRATPOS (HELP)

Use Tweak. I can't edit those files. It's pretty straightforward there.

I am facing the same problem as you, and i can't find a solution anywhere, everyone is just telling to use assembly kit, but assembly kit can't edit modded files.

I think i have figured out how to make it work.

In Faction_array → Faction # → Old_diplomacy_manager → Diplomacy_relationship_array → Old_diplomacy_relationship, there's 18 rows and what i understood that these rows means, are:

2- Trade agreement (True or False)
    4- Relation status (it can be defensive_allies, military_allies, master and vassal or protector and client_state)
    8- 0 (20 when it's a vassal)
    9- 0 (20 when it's a master)
    16- Military acess (True or False)
    The rest i don't know what it is

So, in the 2nd row, make sure that there is a trade route between the factions to enable it.
    In the 16th row, it must be enabled when a master, vassal, protector, and client_state, and i think it should be disabled when it's horde to horde

And in Faction_array → Faction #, in the 56th row, you must insert the vassal faction name. For example, in the Sassanid table you will find "att_fact_lakhmids att_fact_armenia and all vassals"