Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breaking The Limits (First version RELEASED!)

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Default Re: Breaking The Limits (Religions limit raised to 32, will release REALLY SOON)

That's incredible! Your project could become the most valuable addition Medieval 2 modding has ever seen.

Default Re: Breaking The Limits (Religions limit raised to 32, will release REALLY SOON)

It's only a simple writeprocessmemory atm. As for the cd-steam difference, you are right no big change there. Only thing that holding me from release is the approval of the forum staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    It's only a simple writeprocessmemory atm. As for the cd-steam difference, you are right no big change there. Only thing that holding me from release is the approval of the forum staff.
    Can something go wrong? Recently, the forum posted a program for the Steam version of MTV2, which allows you to set 1 soldier in the unit in the EDU. By the way, I wrote an alternative that works with the disk version.
    Here is a link to the program topic:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...count-unlocker

This is pretty much the same method yeah, but his app can pause m2tw as far as he say, I haven't tested it yet. I'd like to know how he manage to do that also i check winapi but no luck. I'm not a coder...

This is pretty much the same method yeah, but his app can pause m2tw as far as he say, I haven't tested it yet. I'd like to know how he manage to do that also i check winapi but no luck. I'm not a coder...
    I can send you the source code. Or you can send me a list of necessary changes that I will add to the program, it will be 2 in 1. This method is very convenient since you can add the command to run this program in the mod bat file.
    As an option, you can make a separate config file in which to make 2 parameters: 1 - whether to enable unlocking the number of soldiers in edu. 2 - whether to include your changes.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    I can send you the source code. Or you can send me a list of necessary changes that I will add to the program, it will be 2 in 1. This method is very convenient since you can add the command to run this program in the mod bat file.
    As an option, you can make a separate config file in which to make 2 parameters: 1 - whether to enable unlocking the number of soldiers in edu. 2 - whether to include your changes.
    Later it will be possible to add new features.

Sent you a PM thanks for your help more reversers the better

Sent you a PM thanks for your help more reversers the better
    Yes, I also sent you a new pm message) Google translation difficulties

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

#NotAStaff, but as long as it is specifically memory editing and not changing the executable itself, it's compliant for CA, and by extension Total War Center.

Has the forum staff said anything allready?

Nope

Did you talk with one directly?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

RL delayed for a few days my feed back to the author from the files he provided me. Apologies for that.

The short version: a CRC check confirmed that the executable files were not edited which suffices were our ToS (and by extension CA's EULA as far as I am aware) is concerned. I made some recommendations (the long version) regarding it's publishing as well.

Pic from functionality test with 17 religions in total and descr_regions code entry used (not going to post all the other standard files\edits required):
    Code:
    religions { zunism 20 slavic 5 tengrism 5 hinduism 5 buddhism 5 taoism 5 miaphysite 5 nestorian 5 ismailism 5 shia 5 judaism 5 zoroastrian 5 catholic 5 orthodox 5 islam 5 pagan 5 heretic 5 }
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 13, 2020 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks for checking them out Gigantus, and thanks for your time also.

We can expect a release soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    That's incredible! Your project could become the most valuable addition Medieval 2 modding has ever seen.
    I agree, great work Aura!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Very much looking forward to the results. Best of luck, Aura.

This could be very interesting if it can be operated like cultures. I'm thinking of a "sphere of influence" idea in which each faction is its own religion. I'm excited. This plus the 300 max units addon already makes the game even better.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

I'm really busy IRL nowadays, sorry for the delayed release guys. I also had a discussion with @youneuoy so you guys might expect a release with the plus 300 units addon together with religions limit breaker.

I'm really busy IRL nowadays, sorry for the delayed release guys. I also had a discussion with @youneuoy so you guys might expect a release with the plus 300 units addon together with religions limit breaker.
    You seem to be writing me offsets that need to be changed. I can add their change to my program and post it as a test version if you cannot do it now (I updated it just today).

Sure man, why not! I will send you a message tomorrow. Thank you for this...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast