Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Breaking The Limits (First version RELEASED!)

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Breaking The Limits (First version RELEASED!)

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    I use the CD.
    The "Battle Immersion Mod" doesn't work with the CD- it's even stated by the creator. I tried it and nothing happened. You might be writing about the stuff released here, but I'm writing about the third person-mod by Hit&Run.

I did get a weird sound and lag, but it failed to work- it worked without issues using 1.0 on Steam. The mod can of course crash but not often. Another issue is that when you have your bodyguard attacking, the general will start to halt his movement every second - which can be frustrating.

youneuoy - Watch this video for a preview using Steam:

Cavalry should be fine. You can zoom in and out of the "third person"-mod, and it even adds slow-motion when activated which needs to be de-activated using the 0-button. You can walk by clicking on U and V at the same time etc. Instructions follows with the program. There are issues when you order the bodyguard to attack- as that will make the general "stutter".
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 28, 2020 at 09:01 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

If Bantu and Nygren aren't idealistically opposed to Steam, I can get them running on it as an open offer. Don't worry about cost and whatever as long as the idea is acceptable, it seems like both their efforts are hindered primarily by not having it, and while it's true that CD has a population still, not having Steam for the sake of testing/knowing how it works is a massive step behind in the modern era for M2.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    If Bantu and Nygren aren't idealistically opposed to Steam, I can get them running on it as an open offer. Don't worry about cost and whatever as long as the idea is acceptable, it seems like both their efforts are hindered primarily by not having it, and while it's true that CD has a population still, not having Steam for the sake of testing/knowing how it works is a massive step behind in the modern era for M2.
    I have both actually.

Bantu prides himself on never buying any computer game.. So he refuses to buy Steam. And if he can't run the Immersion mod, then what's the point for him to rig all the Warcraft heroes?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

There is one issue with the Battle Immersion-mod that could need attending i recall now.

Randomly during the battles the hero can get stuck in a "take a step backwards"-move - where the general will move backwards constantly unless you press forward.

Has only happened in a few battles after playing for an hour or something. Usually if i do press the "move backwards"-button too much.

- The Havamal

ReligionsAndSoldiersLimitsBreaker is included in my main project. Please discuss it in the new thread.
    Link to the HotSeatTool theme:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15891171

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I have both actually.

Bantu prides himself on never buying any computer game.. So he refuses to buy Steam. And if he can't run the Immersion mod, then what's the point for him to rig all the Warcraft heroes?
    I never bought the Steam version either and use it for a number of years now (next to my CD installation). Unless you lost you CD key (or don't have one for whatever reason) you can have the Steam version for free as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I never bought the Steam version either and use it for a number of years now (next to my CD installation). Unless you lost you CD key (or don't have one for whatever reason) you can have the Steam version for free as well.
    Yes, i know that. I bought the CD-version and then used my CD-key to get Steam. Now- I don't think Bantu bought a single version.

- The Havamal

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Fascinating project. You've already achieved a great thing breaking the religion limit. It will be very useful in my mod, Colonies & Empires (Americas). I am subscribed and look forward to hearing more. Let us know if we can be of any assistance to your goals.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

What would also be interesting and helpful is increasing the maximum amount of buildings that a building tree can contain. The current limit is 9. Normally that's more than enough, but if you want to have multiple branches that exclude one another you quickly reach that limit.
    Last edited by Razor; March 31, 2020 at 10:08 AM.

This looks really impressive! Great job!
    I really hope you are able to break the region limit as that would be huge. I am also hoping you manage to allow there to be more cultures as that would be amazing for UI modding. For fantasy mods, being able to give each faction their own culture, and thus, building UIs would be amazing.

If we use this in a mod, how would you like to be credited? Do you want us to send users here to download the exe from you, or can we include it in our mod and credit you in our readme/credits/however you would like to be acknowledged?
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Link12 View Post
    This looks really impressive! Great job!
    I really hope you are able to break the region limit as that would be huge. I am also hoping you manage to allow there to be more cultures as that would be amazing for UI modding. For fantasy mods, being able to give each faction their own culture, and thus, building UIs would be amazing.

If we use this in a mod, how would you like to be credited? Do you want us to send users here to download the exe from you, or can we include it in our mod and credit you in our readme/credits/however you would like to be acknowledged?
    You should probably use a newer version of the program:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15891171

Regarding the inclusion of the project in other modifications, it is written in the instructions.

Thank you for letting me know there is an updated version!
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

How is progress so far on breaking the limits?
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Progress, plans and other information so far on this is located here.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...erhaul-Project

Default Re: Breaking The Limits (Religions limit raised to 32, will release REALLY SOON)

If you can break unit EDU max limit going past 500 units and more regions and religions I will make you Saint because I'd want to do a very big mod with the whole world and something everyone would see... (MTW in MTW2)

However, good luck with the project!

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Hi Aura,
    how are you?
    Are you still working on breaking the limits? Expecially the culture limits?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345