Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breaking The Limits (First version RELEASED!)

Default Re: Breaking The Limits (First version RELEASED!)

OK, tnx. Perhaps it will somehow manage to cope. But not now xD Nevertheless, any information will be useful.

The UI bug for the religions is a known issue that I was trying to fix, thanks for reporting @Gebilde. I've found where the strat UI is and tried to make some changes couple of weeks ago and managed to make it fit more better to 1920x1080 resolution (no more stretching and bluriness etc.) but since i need to edit a lot more offsets for that it is not as easy to implement like religions with memory editing. This friday I will be free so I can reverse the executable more and share my findings with @youneouy.

That would be awesome Aura.
    Will do then further testing

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

500 soldiers per unit will have a handicap and that is path finding in siege battles, it's already an issue on the regular 'huge' unit size. For field battles however it should be awesome. I am also guessing that the sheer number of soldiers (double then normal) will force the player to set his relevant graphic settings very low.

More factions would be truly the thing to put this application in great demand, so would increased units in the EDU. I am guessing both would be very complex?

As far as the religion limit, it is a simple offset value but for the EDU limit and Factions it might be more harder or might be more easier . I need to check that to make sure if it will happen in near future or not . BTW @Gigantus There was a reverse group in the forums did they managed to do it?

Yes it is. Little by little, I began to analyze the limit in EDU, but this is a very long and tedious business, it is unlikely that I will often do this.

I wanted to make an update today with the ability to specify x and y size for map battles and sieges, but for this I would have to write a lot of additional code. Things of similar complexity are already implemented in HotSeatTool, so I decided to combine these programs. So instead of the next version of ReligionsAndSoldiersLimitsBreaker, I will update HotSeatTool.

As for the limit in edu: there just allocated a fixed amount of memory. Where 501 units would have been written, there is already other information, a counter of the number of types of units, their maximum number (500), etc.
    That is, to overcome this limit, you need to shift all this. I tried to do this again, allocating more memory elsewhere, but most likely did not find some of the links to this data. Well, I have a crash when reading 1 record, so it's not only a couple of those numbers, but also a bunch of everything else. And I don’t really want to delve into this all now
    Last edited by youneuoy; March 26, 2020 at 06:52 AM.

Blog Entries

I am not aware that they managed anything advanced, the group became dormant after a short while due to RL commitment of the key players.

Domesticus

[QUOTE = Gigantus; 15889923] 500 soldiers per unit will have a handicap and that is path finding in siege battles, it's already an issue on the regular 'huge' unit size. For field battles however it should be awesome. I am also guessing that the sheer number of soldiers (double then normal) will force the player to set his relevant graphic settings very low.

More factions would be truly the thing to put this application in great demand, so would increased units in the EDU. I am guessing both would be very complex? [/ QUOTE]

Yes, maybe it will be a problem for the siege, however some 400 or 500 soldier units would be ideal for some mods (example: Third Age).

It would be a fantastic thing to increase these limits:

+ 300 soldiers in one unit
    + 20 units in a stack
    + 31 factions
    + 500 units in the EDU

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Not a fan of more than 20 units per stack myself, fighting a battle with 40 units (main army + reinforcements) in the newer games is absolute hell.

The limits I'd like to see broken are:
    - EDU (currently 500)
    - Factions (currently 31)
    - Cultures (currently 7)
    - Regions (currently 200)
    - Building trees (currently 128)
    - If possible and stable enough, map size (currently 510*510 for map_regions, double+1 for the bigger maps)
    - Resources (26)

Blog Entries

Ah yes, trading resources would be marvelous - they can be used to introduce new visual elements into the game. Used them for the 'Great Wall' and 'wonders' (possession of which granted faction wise bonuses like in RTW) in Rise of three Kingdoms and wished I had more.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Not a fan of more than 20 units per stack myself, fighting a battle with 40 units (main army + reinforcements) in the newer games is absolute hell.

The limits I'd like to see broken are:
    - EDU (currently 500)
    - Factions (currently 31)
    - Cultures (currently 7)
    - Regions (currently 200)
    - Building trees (currently 128)
    - If possible and stable enough, map size (currently 510*510 for map_regions, double+1 for the bigger maps)
    - Resources (26)

Yes, if not 40 at least 30 units!

Well, I too would like to see all the broken limits.

I'd like to have more cultures, more regions and a wider map to have a more complete campaign.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    As I think I wrote earlier, it is advisable for someone to test different chips added by the program. For example, if an infantry unit put 400 soldiers, then everything works. But what if this is done for some special unit? Maybe in some cases there will be errors and I can easily fix it? I won’t go too deep into testing, maybe someone wants to help?
    In the future I plan to do many more things, including some rather complicated ones. Now I am developing two projects and spend the main forces on HotSeatTool, link: http://imtw.ru/topic/58481-hotseattool/
    In the future (when I finish with the main goals for HotSeatTool), I plan to unite these programs and start making more serious changes. I would like my work to be in demand, it is not interesting to spend tens and hundreds of hours of time on things that only a couple of people will try xD
    Hey mate, I can assure you that the majority of modders are going to do more than try this stuff when you've removed the settlements/regions limit allowing for the creation of huge campaign maps, the unit limit allowing for more than 500 units in the game, the mount-limit allowing for more than just 91 mounts (the same as in Rome Total War btw), and the faction limit allowing for more factions than 31.

By the way, a guy named "Hit&Run" on MODDB.com released a very awesome feature similar to yours which enables the player to control the general in third person. It's great and the best version is the 1.0 version, due to it being the most stable - and also the turning speed is great unlike in the 1.1 version. But there is a problem. It only works for the Steam-edition of Medieval 2. Steam has version 1.52 and the coding is slightly different - trying to use it with the CD results in a weird sound and the screen lagging. It doesn't work.. I disagree with Hit&Run that nobody is using the CD anymore..

I'm wondering if you could make it compatible with the CD?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/medieval-...defeditionv1-0

Many developers are using the CD and it's not great when the Immersion Mod is only for the Steam version. I believe it's using memory editing? I might be wrong.

But I do assure you that the stuff mentioned above has been videly sought after since 2011 by the entire modding community.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 26, 2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post

Many developers are using the CD and it's not great when the Immersion Mod is only for the Steam version. I believe it's using memory editing? I might be wrong.

But I do assure you that the stuff mentioned above has been videly sought after since 2011 by the entire modding community.
    Yes, most likely I will add this to the program and adapt it for the disk version.
    Only the code will need to be redone, and it will take time (besides, I have a lot of changes planned, I can’t take up all at once).
    Version 1.0 is more stable, right? Does this version have crashes? As far as I understand, you played with these changes and tested them well.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Yes, most likely I will add this to the program and adapt it for the disk version.
    Only the code will need to be redone, and it will take time (besides, I have a lot of changes planned, I can’t take up all at once).
    Version 1.0 is more stable, right? Does this version have crashes? As far as I understand, you played with these changes and tested them well.

I did crash more often after battles returning to the map using 1.1 - and 1.1 crashed during battles quite often which almost never happens in 1.0, plus the turning speed were much slower compared to in 1.0.

I played a lot with it in Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate- but it should work with any mod. Just not with the CD which is sad, as for example Bantu Chieftain only has the CD - and if he can't use the program he won't bother to make heroes for Warcraft: Total War- if the CD is getting the feature then he will make heroes.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 26, 2020 at 11:22 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

I did crash more often after battles returning to the map using 1.1 - and 1.1 crashed during battles quite often which almost never happens in 1.0, plus the turning speed were much slower compared to in 1.0.

I played a lot with it in Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate- but it should work with any mod. Just not with the CD which is sad, as for example Bantu Chieftain only has the CD - and if he can't use the program he won't bother to make heroes for Warcraft: Total War- if the CD is getting the feature then he will make heroes.
    Is the camera always correctly positioned? If for example playing with cavalry, is everything ok?

Yes, this mod will work with any other, as well as mine. The probability of a game crash with him depends only on himself.
    I write this because I really liked the idea and if there are problems in its implementation, it is better to find out about them as early as possible, while there is an opportunity to fix everything at a low price.

Domesticus

As I think I wrote earlier, it is advisable for someone to test different chips added by the program. For example, if an infantry unit put 400 soldiers, then everything works. But what if this is done for some special unit? Maybe in some cases there will be errors and I can easily fix it? I won’t go too deep into testing, maybe someone wants to help?
    In the future I plan to do many more things, including some rather complicated ones. Now I am developing two projects and spend the main forces on HotSeatTool, link: http://imtw.ru/topic/58481-hotseattool/
    In the future (when I finish with the main goals for HotSeatTool), I plan to unite these programs and start making more serious changes. I would like my work to be in demand, it is not interesting to spend tens and hundreds of hours of time on things that only a couple of people will try xD

I also tried your HotSeatTool 1.11.

When I go over 300 soldiers the custom battle slows down and when I click on start it crashes.

Domesticus

Hey mate, I can assure you that the majority of modders are going to do more than try this stuff when you've removed the settlements/regions limit allowing for the creation of huge campaign maps, the unit limit allowing for more than 500 units in the game, the mount-limit allowing for more than just 91 mounts (the same as in Rome Total War btw), and the faction limit allowing for more factions than 31.

By the way, a guy named "Hit&Run" on MODDB.com released a very awesome feature similar to yours which enables the player to control the general in third person. It's great and the best version is the 1.0 version, due to it being the most stable - and also the turning speed is great unlike in the 1.1 version. But there is a problem. It only works for the Steam-edition of Medieval 2. Steam has version 1.52 and the coding is slightly different - trying to use it with the CD results in a weird sound and the screen lagging. It doesn't work.. I disagree with Hit&Run that nobody is using the CD anymore..

I use the CD.

Ok, you should not set the number of units greater than 300.
    Increasing this number will not be easy (yes, it’s probably not very necessary, here we noticed problems with AI and performance)

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    I also tried your HotSeatTool 1.11.
    Yes, I’m going to create a thread on twc about HotSeatTool (I’ll do it as soon as I find the time to translate a huge instruction and create new screenshots, because the old ones were all made in the Russian version of the program). I’m also working on some serious updates, though I’m not sure that I’ll finish quickly with them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast