Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breaking The Limits (First version RELEASED!)

Default Breaking The Limits (First version RELEASED!)

So here's yet another memory editing modification in progress.

I have raised the current hardcoded religion limit from 10 to 32. tested it with 21 religions in-game. haven't been able to test it with all 32 (UI might not handle it -YET-) but game is running smooth with 50 turns of play time. I haven't tested it much because I got other plans and other limits to break, so no time to waste. Users can test it and provide feedback after the release.

WIP

Religion UI fix
    Region/Settlement limit
    Hidden Resources limit

If you want to help me, just send me mods that are above the limit like how can i find a 199 region map it is quite exhausting for me to do it by myself.

FIRST RELEASE! (Thanks to youneouy)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMv...4Mb-W7pdT/view

Using ReligionsAndSoldiersLimitsBreaker, you can set your own limits for the number of religions, block the ability to change the size of units in the game settings, and set the boundaries for the number of soldiers in units.

This program can be useful when creating your own modifications for the game MTW2.
    Works with game versions 1.5 (disk version) and 1.52 (steam version).
    All program settings are set in the limits.youneuoycfg file and are applied when the game starts. Those. First you need to run the program and only then the game, I recommend just writing its launch in the .bat mod file. And also, do not forget to put the config and executable in your mod directory for this to work.

Here's the bat file i'm using to launch my mod, thanks to Gigantus for that (it is an slightly edited universal start.bat that comes with bare_geomod)

Code:
    @echooff
    cd ..\..

IFEXIST kingdoms.exe (start kingdoms.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg & start ReligionsAndSoldiersLimitsBreaker.exe) ELSE (

IFEXIST medieval2.exe (

start medieval2.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg & start ReligionsAndSoldiersLimitsBreaker.exe) ELSE (

echo ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW or Kingdoms executable.
    echo You probably installed Bare Geomod into the wrong folder.
    pause
      )
    )

Religion Limit:
    It is set in the Religion_Limit line, by default the game has a value of 10, theoretically the maximum value is 255 (if such a number works correctly and someone needs to exceed it, then it will be possible to increase it further). It is recommended to put the number necessary for you.

Number of soldiers in a Unit:
    Allows you to specify the maximum and minimum boundaries for the size of the unit in the file export_descr_unit.txt, by default, these values ​​are 4 and 100.
    If you set the minimum number of units in the game, then in this file you can clearly set the number of units you need, without the use of number modifiers. Those. You can simultaneously create units with 1 and 300 soldiers.
    It is regulated by four parameters:
    Lock_Size_Of_Unit, allows you to block the ability to resize unit in the game, is activated if you enter a non-zero value (for example, unit). It is necessary to avoid crashes (if you set the number of squad 300 in the EDU and start the game with the maximum squad size, then there will be a crash when it starts).
    Size_Of_Unit, size of the unit. The range of values ​​is from 0 to 3. It is recommended to use it together with Lock_Size_Of_Unit and set the value to 0. 0 - minimum size, 3 maximum.
    Min_Soldiers_In_Edu - The minimum size limit in the EDU, from zero and above.
    Max_Soldiers_In_Edu - the upper limit of the number in the EDU, it is recommended to set the value to less than 300, with large games may be unstable or crash.

Acknowledgements:
    The program used the achievements of Aura and Jojo00182 comrades with twcenter.

Be sure to rep @Jojo00182 and @youneuoy too for their contributions to the project!

IMPORTANT NOTE, Please Read:
    Some antivirus might detect the .exe file provided as a false negative, this is because we used WriteProcessMemory in order to edit the game's memory (a brute force method) if you have any questions and second thoughts about that I can share you the source code and even if there is a lot of complaints about it, we can make the project open source.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails religions1.png   religions2.png  
    Last edited by Aura; March 26, 2020 at 04:46 AM.

Default Re: Breaking The Limits (Religions limit raised to 32, will release REALLY SOON)

What is this mod about?

Default Re: Breaking The Limits (Religions limit raised to 32, will release REALLY SOON)

About breaking the HardCoded limits https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...hardcoded-list here in the game by memory editing...

Map with 199 regions
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-Near-East-Map
    do you have realese date?

Oh yeah I've totally forgot about this map! Good catch Gebilde, thanks.

As for the release date, it is currently only working with CD edition, when it supports steam too i will release it

Here is a mod with 199 regions: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Barbarorum-II

Great work Aura! That's really something amazing and which can change how the game is played!

Thanks @Lusitanio EBII is really hard to modify since it is a real big mod. The near east map Gebilde provided will be much better at testing

Anyways everything's kinda done, just waiting for approval of the staff and then i will release... (It will only include religion limit)

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Interesting, good luck with this. One thing about region limits -- a project for RTW encountered instability when region limits were increased.

I hope this is not the case in M2TW, but it is something to keep in mind.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Thanks. Haven't started with the region limits yet. Looking at the traits and ancillaries rnw.

Hope its gets approved.
    One could flesh out a faction with uniqe religion or build up a cultures system alas britannia campaign but for every faction
    Question do you thing that cultures/religion potraits still working with so many religons?

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

I for one would be very interested in increasing the regions limit as well as increasing the faction limit (if that's even possible at all).

Well, I have some strange news... The 12 line C++ console app that I wrote which only changes 2 values (in this case it changes the hexedecimal 0A (10) to 20 (32)) at the adress i provided while the game is running in order to change the hardcoded limits is just keeps detected as a trojan by windows defender.

@Gebilde well i assume the portraits is for cultures, they are not changed by the religion am I right?

@Razor increasing the faction or regions limits might not be easy as it seems I haven't started to work on regions atm so I don't know. Here for the religions i just change some values and it works but that might not be the case for others, i heard for the factions you just need to add brand new slots so it might be quite challanging but not impossible. And I'm not sure if the game will handle itself with say it like 40 factions running at the same time

Specific portraits can indeed be given to a certain religion within the same culture, all you need to do is create a folder with the religion name inside the culture folder.

To clarify: For example you want different portraits for generals from a specific religion, you need to place a folder with the religion name in the young, old and dead folder.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; March 09, 2020 at 08:13 AM.

oh okay i should check this one out thanks for clarifying this. I will update the main post if i manage to do it

Good news everyone, i put the 21st entry religion specific portrait (in this case it was ibadi_generals) in the sicily faction. Changed it's religion to "ibadi" religion and it worked .
    Last edited by Aura; March 09, 2020 at 09:44 AM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

That is very cool! I know EBII team would be excited to hear that, we were encountering some issues with allocating portraits.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Good luck on your endeavor, +rep
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Awesome work on this man! I do hope the region/settlement-limit will be increased so we could have huge campaign maps. Or the unit-limit of 500 units in the game? Or the faction-limit?

But especially more units, and more regions- would be exciting.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Oh yeah I've totally forgot about this map! Good catch Gebilde, thanks.

As for the release date, it is currently only working with CD edition, when it supports steam too i will release it
    Are you making a lot of changes for this? The steam version is only slightly different from the usual one, you can find the necessary sections of code by signature.
    I would also like to see the source code of your program.

I would like to say that changing a couple of checks may not be enough, I played with teams of 500-700 people and the game worked very unstably.

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    teams of 500-700 people
    *units

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast