Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: WIP Screen shots Gallery

Default Re: WIP Screen shots Gallery

Think there are a couple decent 7th - 8th century mods out there at the moment or that are at least being worked on. Once AD 1051 is completed we will do the grand campaign overhaul for 885 and then after that I would like to do something around 7th - 8th century.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Think there are a couple decent 7th - 8th century mods out there at the moment or that are at least being worked on.
    Do you know which ones?

Shield wall for TOB is supposed to be pretty good and they are working on a new mod based on the 7th century for Attila called Beginning of the End.

Pretty much all I do for total war is work on my mod though so Im not a good source of info

I wouldn't mind an Age of Charlemagne overhaul. Just some new assets with accurate units and factions.

Ya we'll definitely do that too. AOC really doesnt need too much work. And then we can just pair that with the new campaign and battle mechanics we've come up with.

The new Air Normans are coming soon:

Some wip screen shots of the unit vmd builds:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Athos187; June 10, 2020 at 02:07 PM.

very cool

Spanish Milite:

German Milite (with new face covering aventail and Augsberg helm):

Last edited by Athos187; June 25, 2020 at 04:30 PM.

doesn't the face protection look a bit wide? as if there is no padding like with the other models

The face covering aventail is attached to the rim of the helm and hanging down and then also attached to a hook on the nasal, that is why it looks a bit wide. Its not hanging down from the head like the more western coifs.

Could add in some padding at some point, right now its just assumed he is wearing a padded coif or arming cap.

its still pretty cool. Can't wait to try it

Historically accurate shield patterns being developed by WibblyWobblyWonder:

Sorry to ask, but how far is the progress in terms of the playable Beta?

Its hard to say exactly, right now we are primarily focusing on finishing all the needed assets to get our units up to par. Still working on the campaign a bit and have our testers testing it but its kind of secondary right now.

Holy crap! Those models for the byzantines are beautiful! 10/10 quality!
    I do have a question though, for the byzantines, will you be adding any of the tagmata/thematic units to them? Like the Hikanati, Athanatoi, Optimatoi, Scholae Palatinae/Clibinarii, varangians, numeroi, excubitors or spatharioi (don’t know if either were around during this time), dynatoi, and/or the menulatoi? (Wow, can’t believe I remembered all their names. XD)

Yep, the Byzantine field armies at this time were made up of Tagmata so we will have all those units.

Working on slavic helms, here is a WIP Poznan nasal helm with attached face covering aventail:

Last edited by Athos187; July 18, 2020 at 05:40 PM.

Slavic Type II A helm: