Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [AWARD]Abdülmecid I for Phalera

Flinn's Avatar Jokersconi abides...
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

Blog Entries

Default [AWARD]Abdülmecid I for Phalera

Awarded for exceptional input or other significant contributions to non-TW sections of the boards.

Abdülmecid I for Phalera Hello there my loved Curialists, it's been a while (again) since the last time I came here to put forward a worthy member for a well deserved major award. This time I'll tell you about the Magnificent Abdülmecid I the Pasha!

Since when he was sent by his dreaded Turkish Lord to subjugate our land and to enslave the free people of TWC, he distinguished for his sneaky posting ability and for his subtle debating capacities, which made him rise over any other puny newbie during the 2016 Member Awards and won him his first site-wide recognition as the

Fastest Rising Newb

Not content with having tricked people into believing in him being anything but a servant of the Turkish powers, he also joined the Moderation (ah, the shame of letting him enter our Guard!) and so he soon ended up becoming a well known and respected figure within the D&D, not just for his debating skills but also for his well-mannered and elegant moderation style, which later allowed him to join the controversial and overpowered not-so-secret society known as the Hexagon Council.

You would think that he could have been satisfied with grabbing so much power in such a short time, but no, the plot of his Lord wasn't completed yet, so he kept posting and pestering us with his quality posts all over the D&D.. once again our people was deceived by his skills and awarded him not once, but twice for his contributions in the D&D

Best Political Poster

Best Debater & Best Political Poster

To add for the worse, and for the greater glory of his Master, he was even able to be recognized at the same time(s) as the best Moderator, which is something that totally amazes me: that he was capable of being both a Janissary and a commoner and that he was recognized to be the best in both, gives the idea of how subtle he is and how good he has been at serving the purposes of his dark lord.

In case you are not convinced yet, here's a list of his longest and least readable attacks to our freedom:

In this case, any other further resistance will be futile.. let's all accept the truth about his superior will and ability and let's bow in front of his exceptional deeds here at TWC.. we still have a chance, if we give him now this deserved Phalera, maybe he'll be content at last, and will eventually disappoint the expectations of his Lord and won't deliver us into the claws of the Turkish Lion!

Flinn,
    Of the Church
    Of the Latter Day Dude
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984 & Kilo11 of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Default Re: [AWARD]Abdülmecid I for Phalera

Strongly support this. About time Abdul got recognized for his egregious attacks on our political sensibilities.

Join the Thema Devia Discord here.
    If you would like a TWC Wiki page made for you click here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Proud Adopted Patron of Cope

Van Zandt's Avatar pulvis et umbra
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Support.

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 05, 2020 at 06:45 AM.
    Proud Non-Citizen and Goth

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. (Morticia Addams)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

I'd expected it to be the Novus but he deserves this one too so support.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Novus is the only thing on your mind Loli?!

Anyways, definitive support
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV and Swaeft

Support but I warn you. This is simply another step towards Abdul's takeover of the site, at which point this will be a Turkish version of defense.pk. Mark my words TWC 10 years from now we'll all be quietly whispering,

"So this is how Democracy dies, with thunderous applause."

mishkin's Avatar Comes Limitis

So it is finally happening. I guess we will have to adapt to the circumstances if we want to survive. The Armenian genocide neved happened, Erdogan is a champion of democracy, I have always hated those greeks.

(Seriously, really weird that he didnt have this award already).
    So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. (Revelation 3:16).

Cope's Avatar 777777777777777
    Citizen

Abdul's cruelties know no bounds. Support.

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor

Blog Entries

Before more people support or not this proposal, the truth has to be said

One of the main rules of TWC is: if you can think of it, it probably exists. This is indeed the case when it comes to the melting pot of conspiracies, moderation and Abdülmecid I. In fact, Abdülmecid I-related conspiracies abound on certain darker corners of TWC. I took a foray into this heart of darkness to suss exactly which ones were the strangest, risking my own life by revealing them.

A German tourist (Gigantus?) in the South Sinai resort of Sharm El-Sheikh was attacked by a shark. Egyptian national TV said that the sharks were controlled by Abdülmecid I.
    “Who let them in?” exclaimed Captain Mustafa Ismail, a diver from Sharm El Sheikh, adding that the sharks that attacked were not native to Egyptian waters. “What you have here are rational attempts by a predator to find food,” marine biologist George Burgess told the BBC. Abdülmecid I suggested that maybe Jaws had been watched one time too many by the accusers. Alright then.

You know the saying, where there’s a bird, there’s probably a GPS-tracked, Abdülmecid I controlled agent of avian espionage. There are GPS tags on some pelicans and other fowl roaming the skies, to keep track of population numbers…or to report back to Abdülmecid I about the doings of his enemies/targets? Or is it about something related to spams? From the American bald eagle accused of being a spy, to the European bee-eater who got Turks suspicious, to the Russian cuckoo captured not that long ago, double agent birds abound among TWC forums.

An “home-made robot dolphin equipped with espionage equipment, including video-recording cameras” captured off the coast of Greece got some of our Mudpit members suspicious. One news organization suggested it was outfitted with killer arrows. What became of this aquatic James Bond? No one knows...

Flinn in his discourse pointed Abdülmecid’s attacks against snakes, but how often has Abdülmecid I been accused of enlisting lizards in a mission to spy for him? A site owner (GED?) accused Abdülmecid I of sending lizards to spy and sabotage his server, causing unexpected site downtimes. Apparently, the leathery skin of lizards and chameleons attracts electro-magnetic waves. Should lizards even be household pets anymore, when they’re capable of such crushing levels of global destruction? In doubt, keep an eye on your vivarium while being logged on TWC.

Behing the curtains, some TWC officials (Alwyn?Caillagh?) suspect Abdülmecid I of unleashing supernatural rats capable of chasing away even the boldest cats (Moderators?) in an attempt to get the TWC head office to collapse. “Over the past months, dozens of Abdülmecid's mignons (Spams? Bots?) come to the forums and threads carrying iron cages full of rats,” our source (Tango12345?) said. “They release the rats, which find shelter in the forums’ system.” Abdülmecid I has often been accused of being sneaky, but this is something else. Anyone can be part of his nefarious plot, even your friendly neighborhood dolphin, lizard, or rat. Watch out!

So, all in all, I can only support it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published

Imperator Majora's Avatar What's under your mask?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Well obviously, opposing a man who unleashes supernatural rats is unlikely to be the the wisest choice you make.

Supernatural cats, however...

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Citizen

Support

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

This really doesn't need much consideration. Support!
    Last edited by Veteraan; March 06, 2020 at 05:55 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Obviously I cannot comment on the allegations made by Lifthrasir.

Except to say that I have no objection to clean, well-trained rats... as long as they're trained to do what I want them to do...

I support this proposal.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I support this proposal.*

(*) And not just because the supernatural rats told me to.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Fullest duffer support from me!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex

I'm not really sure why this isn't novus, but I can support it.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

mishkin's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    I'm not really sure why this isn't novus, but I can support it.
    He deserves this medal, and as you say he deserves Novus too. New thread next week?
    So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. (Revelation 3:16).

Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast