Thread: Royal Family Mod fixed!

Neron25's Avatar Foederatus

Default Royal Family Mod fixed!

I was able to fix the Royal Family Mod and now it displays correctly in the government screen.

Original mod was created by GeorgiaPeanuts, you can find it there https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...yal-Family-Mod.

Enables Royal Family Panel for all monarchies, you can see your nation's family tree and non family claimants.

You can acces it through Government screen in Ministers tab

Installation:

Unzip pack file and put it into your Empire's data folder. Use Total War mod manager to enable it (https://sourceforge.net/projects/twmodmanager/) or do it manually in user.empire_scripts.txt.

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Neron25; March 09, 2020 at 02:05 PM.

Default Re: Royal Family Mod fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Neron25 View Post
    I was able to fix the Royal Family Mod and now it displays correctly in the government screen.
    Thanks for continuing to work on older mods! We need more people to revise previously released work, if such work has the potential to be improved.

But it doesn't work for me at least. I use the older version of the mod, but with your new version the game crashes on startup. Both when the pack file is set to "mod" and activated, and when it's set to "movie" and just dropped inside the data folder. What kind of changes were made to the original file?
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Well, i tried to reinstall some game files and launch it in different configurations and it still works, so i dont really know what could cause crashes. Do you have other mods installed? I've simply replaced government_screens file in older version of mod with Darthmod version, which was working properly.

Feedback from other users would me much appreciated!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Can we see screenshots?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Yes, two screenshots in attachment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails empire1.jpg   empire2.jpg  

I see from the screenshots that I do have the latest version of the family trees mod after all, because that's what it looks like for me too.

Anyway, weird that it crashes my game. Glad that other people now a see this mini-mod and get to use it
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Quote Originally Posted by -Durango- View Post
    I see from the screenshots that I do have the latest version of the family trees mod after all, because that's what it looks like for me too.

Anyway, weird that it crashes my game. Glad that other people now a see this mini-mod and get to use it
    You were the lucky one then! Unfortunately older family mod version wasn't working for me and other users from what i saw on some forum threads, 4 tabs in government screen were broken and moved to the right, beyond the screen and you couldn't acces trade tab.

This version however displays fine and i hope it will work for other users too

Thanks for updating this mod! I'm very much looking forward to trying it. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with enabling the mod with the user.empire_scripts.txt file. Can you explain how to go about doing this?

Notker's Avatar Libertus

Salut. I started again to try ETW (paused about 10 years ) and tried your fixed mod (ok the last post here is also more than a year ago). But it functions. Adds really an amount of immersion to Empire. Not only a message a new heir is born, no, now you can see 'who'. I use it with ''Durango Historical Portraits'', really fine.
    I started with the mod manager, no problem.