Thread: Most efficient use of colonists for Baktria

Default Most efficient use of colonists for Baktria

I've been playing a lot as Baktria recently, and I was wondering what the best use for their three colonists would be. Two colonies in Baktra and one in Alexandreia Parippisawhatever? Or sit on the third one until the Thorakitai reforms?

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Most efficient use of colonists for Baktria

Upgrading Baktra to a Metropolis
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Doesn't upgrading Baktra to a Metropolis depend on Hellenic culture percentage, not colonists? Hence why I wished to put colonies in Baktra itself.

The only way to get it to the required level of rel_h for a Metropolis is with the largest Hellenistic Colony, each step of which require colony points.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The only way to get it to the required level of rel_h for a Metropolis is with the largest Hellenistic Colony, each step of which require colony points.
    Okay, I think I've got all the requirements though. I've got Baktra maxed out with all buildings at Large city level and I have the Basilike Patris and colony points, why can't I build the Katoikia Poleon? The Hellenistic Polities is at 59% as well. Is it just a Pedion Agoninon that works? Will I have to destroy my Gymnasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Alexander View Post
    Okay, I think I've got all the requirements though. I've got Baktra maxed out with all buildings at Large city level and I have the Basilike Patris and colony points, why can't I build the Katoikia Poleon? The Hellenistic Polities is at 59% as well. Is it just a Pedion Agoninon that works? Will I have to destroy my Gymnasion?
    You can only build a helcol_ref, after the ThorakitaiReform, in Baktra.

What turn is it in your game? You may have to wait if it's before 222.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You can only build a helcol_ref, after the ThorakitaiReform, in Baktra.

What turn is it in your game? You may have to wait if it's before 222.
    That explains it, I've still got quite a ways to go. However, I have a 10 influence governor in Baktra and the rel_h percentage is now at 61%. Does it still cap out at 65 or whatever it would be with only a polis and katoikia komon? Or will it be pushed over thanks to his influence?