View Poll Results: Shall CommodusIV be a citizen?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 87.50%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen] CommodusIV (Patron: King Athelstan)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default [Citizen] CommodusIV (Patron: King Athelstan)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikestance
    CommodusIV writes with a lot of passion. His passion never give sway to ugliness. He is focus on the points being made rather than the poster. I look forward to seeing his vision for the site.
    I had another bit by Lifth written at the time of his before-not-being-a-citizen but it got lost somewhere in my inbox, and I don't know whether it would be valid now anyways.

What is the Curia? What is Citizenship? This part of the site isn't that active nowadays, but it still sports a proud legacy and potential. This application might be even more controversial than the previous I brought forth, but I still think it bears merit. Thus, I present to you CommodusIV. He has passion, drive and the ever so absent will to almost drive home with it. However, he speaks well for himself and however the fruits of his interest have bore, they're there and they deserve commendation.
    He's precise, to the point and a refreshing bit of blunt honesty, and therefore I feel this application should be in the same tone as he is. Frank.

Applicants bit Ladies and gentlemen, I haven't done a thing to deserve this and frankly I find the citizenship deal rather silly, but I keep getting nagged and precedence says you can get citizenship by having some posts and a pulse, so give it up

More than this? Blimey. My achievements, then.
    - Almost did something in the Scriptorium
    - Contributed 5 edits and a deadbeat skin to the wiki
    - Sent a DM about joining modding staff twice, both going awry in the ever-fluid question of management there
    - Went halfway into the citizenship process before, then disillusion kicked in
    - Produced a stream of mildly controversial, offpoint commentary that has maybe one or two gems in it people will actually like
    - Managed to pretty evenly divide people between "I like this guy" and "wow what an ", with the rest of the population not giving a care
    - Almost applied to a moderator role before going 'this must be a trick' and other excuses
    - Wistfully wondered about reviving the Gamer's Gazette before getting caught up on art because too stingy to ask a real artist for so much as their interest
    - Promised Gigantis a thesis on the TWC modding situation before realizing the scope of the issue was too broad and specific at once, then fizzing out
    - Almost gave GED an implementation of an @mention system because ffs, that thing's been in development™ for years
    - Perpetuated a mildly doomsday ethos using overly complicated English sentencing
    - A proud and true legacy of wanting to do things, but always finding some issue, disagreement, fundamental incompatibility or other excuse to not do it

Reflecting, huh, this is a pretty good list. Adding on a scale of .5s for partial credit (almost, after all), I have about a half dozen significant credits to my name.

What? You want more? Fine.
    - On/off activity for many years with accounts mostly dropping off in the sea as I carried no real brand and interest at the given times
    - Finally stuck for goodish with being dragged into hotseating at the eve of the hotseat drama
    - Got more done in the drama than in any of the hotseats
    - Made a hotseat, left, rejoined the hotseat, disillusioned still to this day
    - Almost made headway into the rpg forum
    - Almost had a look at becoming gaming staff
    - Almost contributed actively to the Writing Center

There. But that's all you're gonna get. A wise decision will have more than enough.

If I become citizen, I intend to leave barely constructive commentary on various curia threads once in a while, bemoan the state of things and perform an Almost for revival, and maybe toss my hat in the ring for the magistrate spot and take it seriously for the first time of anything.

And unrequited honesty. That's important.

Way I see it, citizenship is a representation, and there should be someone who legitimately represents the do-nothings and unnotables of the site who have experience and one or two redeeming factors about them anyways. Thank you for listening to my ted talk.

He sums his view and contributions up very well himself in his brutally honest fashion, and I believe he is worthy of citizenship.
    But of course, I must leave you with the family tradition
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Citizen] CommodusIV (Patron: King Athelstan)

Support.

Application is a bit lacking though.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Yup, not particularly impressed by the application.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Opposed.

What the other said, the application is thin.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

The application is only thin when you don't take the time to actually do research on your own.

Gonna support, even if it were only to annoy Commodus.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I don't think it's fair to lay all of the blame of an applicants lack of enthusiasm or seriousness at the feet of the Curia.

I like Commodus and support his ascension to citizenship because I know what he's contributed to TWC, but I don't think it's a stretch to call that application complete shite.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

He's been citizenship material since a while, at the least in terms of general contributions (he really did something in the WIKI, see here, and in hotseating), and while I don't like his confrontational attitude (he argues for the sake of arguing, very often bringing to nothing and simply quitting the fight when he gets bored), I'll support this application because after all attitude nowadays means nothing here (it can be a plus, but not a minus) and citizenship is a recognition for continued activity and contributions in the site, period.

ah and I don't believe he doesn't bother about the site.. he might have shown a snobbish attitude in his application, but that's his stile afaik.. and since he actually decided to listen to KA and came here to be put under judgement, I'd say he does actually bothers.

Said the above, he's been throwing his two cents in many places here at TWC, now if he'll get trough this and get his citizenship, he'll have the chance to do something concrete (edit: in terms of administrative stuff, Curia-wise), therefore I'd say let's see if he's got the guts for that .. that would be something interesting to see.
    Last edited by Flinn; March 02, 2020 at 05:56 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

He's hanging out in the discord channel as well, I think, presently calling himself ArenaSnow (feel free to correct me). Quite active also in Steam's M2TW discussion forum, lending a helping hand - from that point of view that and most importantly that he is active here as well he is fine by me.

The communication style is an acquired taste, but not in a negative connotation - and not really something that should weigh in on whether or not he is citizen material.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I was almost amused by the applicant's text.

A few testimonials from the hotseat folks and the Wiki people would have gone a long way to make this an easy yes, I think.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Blog Entries

One does not get the wiki editor bronze award for editing a few lines in the wiki (I should know) - mentioning the award by the patron if not by the applicant would have gone an even longer way, kinda: "Dude, how many 'busy bee' awards does he need for citizenship?"

I am taking the liberty to quote mak in that connection:
    Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    The reasons for his skin not ending up as the default skin are nothing to do with lack of skill, or lack of work on his part. And in addition to his actual contributions, he also helped educate some of the rest of us on the 'how to' for the css stuff, including finding me the fix for getting sections to stack on a small screen (instead of becoming unusable on mobiles).
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 02, 2020 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    If I become citizen, I intend to leave barely constructive commentary on various curia threads once in a while, bemoan the state of things and perform an Almost for revival, and maybe toss my hat in the ring for the magistrate spot and take it seriously for the first time of anything.
    We must have him.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    One does not get the wiki editor bronze award for editing a few lines in the wiki (I should know) - mentioning the award by the patron if not by the applicant would have gone an even longer way, kinda: "Dude, how many 'busy bee' awards does he need for citizenship?"

I am taking the liberty to quote mak in that connection:
    Not sure if that is an endorsement or not.

The applicant does have his own unique verbose style of posting, but its the work on the Wiki and the statements by Pikestance and makanyane that provide the evidence of positive activity here.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

I'll have you all know the curia has *standards*, tsk tsk.

But yes a few testimonials from some upstanding folks would have gone a long way. Why dont we make him write a new application for the lolz? Come on guys where's the drama? We had more drama back in my day.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

I like the fellow he will make for a jolly decent citizen.....support! and all that

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    I'll have you all know the curia has *standards*, tsk tsk.

But yes a few testimonials from some upstanding folks would have gone a long way. Why dont we make him write a new application for the lolz? Come on guys where's the drama? We had more drama back in my day.
    The naysayers need to work harder. I think people need to double down on the "standards" thing. If y'all could pine in, at which application did we become uncivilized?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Not sure if that is an endorsement or not.
    Plagiariasing the most well known phrase from LotR that stands for 'a great effort is required to achieve the goal' should have been clear enough - but just in case I quoted Mak's explanation re his award that I referred to.

My bad, I do occasionally suck when I try to combine humor with subtlety.

Edit: One does not simply quip in the curia?
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 02, 2020 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    The naysayers need to work harder. I think people need to double down on the "standards" thing. If y'all could pine in, at which application did we become uncivilized?
    Shortly after people were upset and forgot about my applicants and their applications.

Which reminds me, why isn't the application using times new roman 16 point font and doubled spaced? It also makes me sad that the applicant did not form paragraphs within the application itself.
    The AI Workshop Creator

I oppose opposing this applicant.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Support
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Support from me as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast