Thread: stainless steel bug fix 1. 27 constantly getting battle game crash. need lower version of bugfix

Default stainless steel bug fix 1. 27 constantly getting battle game crash. need lower version of bugfix

I am a big fan of ss series mod for a long time and enjoying the game a lot. the origanal version of ss6. 4 was very stable and I barely had any crash at all in all games. later on I used to use lower version of bug fix for SS which is much appreciated and the game also seems has very few crash., However, a few month ago I updated the bug fix patch to 1. 27 I instantly found the game crash chance greatly increased, it crash 80% before entering a battle field or even in a battle. This is kind of frustrating somehow. I have both steam version and independent version of clear Kingdom installed, no sub mod at all. I freshly reinstall the kingdoms and ss6. 4 in order to avoid the crash problem but it still remain. do you folks have similar problems or am I the only unlucky case? Does any one have a link to the lower version of big fix that can share here? any suggestions or fix would be much appreciated.

Default Re: stainless steel bug fix 1. 27 constantly getting battle game crash. need lower version of bugfix

Quote Originally Posted by clarkcz View Post
    I am a big fan of ss series mod for a long time and enjoying the game a lot. the origanal version of ss6. 4 was very stable and I barely had any crash at all in all games. later on I used to use lower version of bug fix for SS which is much appreciated and the game also seems has very few crash., However, a few month ago I updated the bug fix patch to 1. 27 I instantly found the game crash chance greatly increased, it crash 80% before entering a battle field or even in a battle. This is kind of frustrating somehow. I have both steam version and independent version of clear Kingdom installed, no sub mod at all. I freshly reinstall the kingdoms and ss6. 4 in order to avoid the crash problem but it still remain. do you folks have similar problems or am I the only unlucky case? Does any one have a link to the lower version of big fix that can share here? any suggestions or fix would be much appreciated.
    I found the link for older version of bug fix. But anyone know why there are so many crashes?
    Thanks

Default Re: stainless steel bug fix 1. 27 constantly getting battle game crash. need lower version of bugfix

it crashes on campaign map or during battles ? can you clarify please

“it crashes on campaign map or during battles ? can you clarify please“
    Thank you Dekhatres, I am currently playing a steam version of it, brand new installation, no any other mod at all. It crashes so frequently that it scares me. It crashes almost 80% of the game(very high chance) before entering a battle if you have been staying in the strategical map for for a while, it crashes during battle(less chance) and it also crashes when my assassin assassinate an enemy character(typically a priest ). I used to play it in an independent version of Kingdoms and recently migrated to steam version and figured out it's like a nightmare. Did any other players have the same experience? This is so weird, I am planning to go back to install SS6.4 in an independent kingdoms and try older version of bug-fix...

if you're getting that many crashes in so many instances then yea better go back to the non-steam version

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by clarkcz View Post
    “it crashes on campaign map or during battles ? can you clarify please“
    Thank you Dekhatres, I am currently playing a steam version of it, brand new installation, no any other mod at all. It crashes so frequently that it scares me. It crashes almost 80% of the game(very high chance) before entering a battle if you have been staying in the strategical map for for a while, it crashes during battle(less chance) and it also crashes when my assassin assassinate an enemy character(typically a priest ). I used to play it in an independent version of Kingdoms and recently migrated to steam version and figured out it's like a nightmare. Did any other players have the same experience? This is so weird, I am planning to go back to install SS6.4 in an independent kingdoms and try older version of bug-fix...
    Most of the crashes happen when switching between modes or into a video (assassin) correct? You might be missing the old directx files you need to run this game on windows 10 that do not get installed by default on new systems. Try running this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

You still need those files to run mtw2 and stainless steel.

But if its only from the bugfixes I do not know as I do not use them except for bug fixing (use some of my own or submods). Let us know how the older version works for you.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    if you're getting that many crashes in so many instances then yea better go back to the non-steam version
    Thank you for your reply. You are right, after I uninstalled the steam version and go back to independent version of the kingdoms. It's working totally fine now, barely crashed! There is a problem with steam version of kingdoms with bugfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    Most of the crashes happen when switching between modes or into a video (assassin) correct? You might be missing the old directx files you need to run this game on windows 10 that do not get installed by default on new systems. Try running this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

You still need those files to run mtw2 and stainless steel.

But if its only from the bugfixes I do not know as I do not use them except for bug fixing (use some of my own or submods). Let us know how the older version works for you.
    Thank you for your reply. You are right, at least a large portion of the crashes is before the video, but it also crash in battle... and it's getting slower and slower to move in the strategic map. I simply go back to the independent version of kingdoms and problem solved. I will try next time but your suggestions are very important. Thanks!

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Glad it is working for you.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

When I was messing with stainless steel sub-mods I found it became more stable when I applied a fix to the main program that allowed it to use extra memory.

This can't be shared here.

It would be useful to know exactly what is causing the crashes with the bug fix - if indeed it is the bug fix that's the problem.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    When I was messing with stainless steel sub-mods I found it became more stable when I applied a fix to the main program that allowed it to use extra memory.

This can't be shared here.

It would be useful to know exactly what is causing the crashes with the bug fix - if indeed it is the bug fix that's the problem.
    LAA is quite openly discussed eg. in the instalation video to the TATW-DaC 4.0.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Discussion about it is tolerated. Promotion and link are not
    That's because it modifies the .exe of the game. So far, it has been tolerated by the game companies. But who knows for how long.
    So, unless the site owner changes the rule, it will stay that way.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

If anyone wants earlier versions of the bug fix go to this link :
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post13723098

scroll down to ADDENDUM INFO
    open that and then open OLD VERSIONS

can;t guarantee that all the links still work but the mediafile one for v1.26 still works