Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Turkey opens its borders for refugees to go to Europe.

Default Re: Turkey opens its borders for refugees to go to Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV75...ture=emb_title

2:20-2:45.

2:47-2:50

3:01- 3:16

4:19- 4:55

That's actual footage clearly showing what the White Helmets actually are.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Does that video answer my questions? I doubt it, I will never know. It would be great if for once you supported your claims with reliable source and not with YouTube videos or tweets. Please cut and paste here an article that shows or indicates that the White Helmets operate in conjunction with terrorist organizations and are not a humanitarian organization.

To focus the discussion, what are the White Helmets doing or planning to do in Lesvos/Moria beyond offering help to the refugees there?
    Last edited by mishkin; March 22, 2020 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Does that video answer my questions? I doubt it, I will never know. It would be great if for once you supported your claims with reliable source and not with YouTube videos or tweets. Please cut and paste here an article that shows or indicates that the White Helmets operate in conjunction with terrorist organizations and are not a humanitarian organization.

To focus the discussion, what are the White Helmets doing or planning to do in Lesvos/Moria beyond offering help to the refugees there?
    The refugee camps in Greece are usually managed in very poor conditions. They're seen as breeding grounds for the virus. The Doctors Without Borders recently warned:

MSF: Moria refugee camp 'an ideal breeding ground for a rapid spread' of coronavirus
    We're extremely concerned about the threat the coronavirus presents to the more than 20,000 people living in the Moria camp at the moment. This is a camp that was designed for 3,000 people. So it is more than six times over capacity, and many people are living very cramped together. Some five- to six-person families are living on 3 square meters (32 square feet). That's a catastrophic situation regarding water and sanitation. Unfortunately, this is an ideal breeding ground for a rapid spread of the virus.
    According to a charity website for the camp a sub group of White Helmets was newly set up to help the refugees in the camp to help the refugees.

Moria Corona Awareness Team, the White Helmets
    Recently the Moria White Helmets were created in the camp, a group of mainly Syrian volunteers who help the Moria Camp Awareness Team in supermarkets and streets leading through Moria village.

They are organized by a former member of the famous White Helmets in Syria who saved thousands of lives in areas under bombardment of Assads army.

Now they use their skills in the attempt to combat Corona in Moria and Lesvos Island.
    The Armenian Issue

The Whtie Helmets are an officially jihadist PR faction. They have been caught staging (literally) "rescues".
    I am not sure if it's a good thing that they are openly declaring themselves to be what they are. Hopefully it will make the work of the Hellenic security forces easy in monitoring their activities.
    And hopefully, they will soon be kicked out of my country.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    The Whtie Helmets are an officially jihadist PR faction.
    Source?

White Helmets have been known to be associated with Al Qaeda and Al-Nusra:

In other news, Greeks discovered weapons caches and arrested members of a neo-marxist terrorist group, all Turkish citizens. Erdogan is a "gift" that keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    In other news, Greeks discovered weapons caches and arrested members of a neo-marxist terrorist group, all Turkish citizens. Erdogan is a "gift" that keeps on giving.
    I love it when people use news pieces with such ignorance. From the actual source:

Weapons cache seen as intended for terror hit
    Police believe the detainees had intended to transfer the munitions by sea to Turkey in order to launch a terror attack there.
    He first appeared on authorities’ radar in 2013 as one of the key players in an attempt to smuggle a large number of weapons and explosives into Turkey from Greece by boat.
    You really gotta do better research before your arguments humiliated like this...

From your own source:
    The group, which is banned in Turkey, wishes to topple Islamist president Recep Tayyip Erdogan and establish a Marxist state.
    The DHKP-C also opposes what it brands as “American Imperialism” in the region, and has attacked United States military and diplomatic missions in the past. It is believed to have been responsible for a suicide bombing at the U.S. embassy in Ankara.
    The Armenian Issue

The article didn't contradict anything that I said at all. You keep using those random strawmen attacks and I'm suspecting you are not even bothering to read the posts you quote.

Video clearly from the Greek side of the border, showing gas canisters obviously fired from the turkish side falling among Greek troops and vehicles:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pfGti3bxpk

Turkey has of course no right to do that. What is next? Mortar shells?

The article (Greek) where this was taken from, speaks of a coordinated attack by the turkish security forces with the "migrants":
    https://www.real.gr/koinonia/arthro/...binteo-621586/
    Last edited by ioannis76; March 22, 2020 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    The article didn't contradict anything that I said at all. You keep using those random strawmen attacks and I'm suspecting you are not even bothering to read the posts you quote.
    You tried to use an organization trying to smuggle weaponry into Turkey to conduct attacks against the Turkish government as if they were an instrument of the Turkish government to cause trouble in Greece. It backfired tremendously.
    The Armenian Issue

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Too bad your comment got edited by the mods, I bet it was glorius. So, what you're saying is that borders provide us with safety? With safe spaces, if you will.
    Glorious shmorious. I was just stylin' on you a little, there was no glory in that. Can't even remember what i said, if it would have been some serious stylin', i would remember.

The border thing i'm talking about is that limitation can be empowering and is substantial to individualism and everything connected to it (such as individual rights for example, but also limitation against other individuals, which is crucial in healthy personality development). The connection to the modern nation state is, in my opinion, the embracement of national and subnational (federal) culture and identity and subsequently the protection of those items. Not so much the repelling of the foreign and certainly not isolation. I suppose that's what i wanted to adress. You were vaguely commenting on the perils of the concept of borders and that was what i was responding to.
    Last edited by swabian; March 22, 2020 at 04:45 PM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

It would be cool if, at least for the time being, Turkey could focus on the coronavirus instead of some mad plan to bring others down.
    But this being Turkey, I even doubt that will happen /facepalm
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Heroic turkish police in action defending their borders from...something i guess. They are probably trying to overwhelm the new industrial fans installed by shooting hundreds of canisters at the same time
    Well good thing Erdogan has his priorities straight. Maybe he should be turning his attention on acquiring more ventilators instead of tear gas canisters, because Turkey is on fire overtaking other countries on coronavirus cases.

While you guys post YouTube videos with no context whatsoever, here is the reality on the ground:

Turkey's president closes border crossings with EU to tackle coronavirus spread
    Erdogan appears to scale back pressure at EU frontier amid reports of buses preparing to return migrants to Istanbul

Turkey's president appeared to scale back his pressure campaign against the EU over refugees on Wednesday night as he announced the closure of the country's borders with Greece and Bulgaria due to the coronavirus.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan ordered all land and rail crossing points with Greece and Bulgaria to be shut down on Wednesday, according to the interior ministry.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post

Heroic turkish police in action defending their borders from...something i guess. They are probably trying to overwhelm the new industrial fans installed by shooting hundreds of canisters at the same time
    Well good thing Erdogan has his priorities straight. Maybe he should be turning his attention on acquiring more ventilators instead of tear gas canisters, because Turkey is on fire overtaking other countries on coronavirus cases.
    In just a few days they managed to become one of the most infected - to be realistic, when they actually start testing much, the problem will explode. I am sure they tested all those unfortunates they siphoned to the border with Greece - and also the policemen/thugs/paramilitaries. I am sure they will at least now test the crowd they moved to the border as well. /ironic
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

goro's Avatar Tribunus

There can be no context when Turkey bans foreign journalists from entering these areas. The irony is that Erdogan's attempt to "persuade" Europe is probably one cause of this huge increase of cases. Well Turkish people don't have to worry. No virus is stronger than Turkey!

^Does Turkey even release detailed stats, as other countries do (number of people recovering, in critical condition, possible source of contagion etc)?
    It seems they only release some number of infected, and number of dead. I think that if it gets done in more serious way, the reality will be far worse...

There can be no context when Turkey bans foreign journalists from entering these areas. The irony is that Erdogan's attempt to "persuade" Europe is probably one cause of this huge increase of cases. Well Turkish people don't have to worry. No virus is stronger than Turkey!
    Which areas specifically? Like the area where Deutsche Welle is reporting from?

The Armenian Issue

goro's Avatar Tribunus

The areas the Turkish government sends reporters sure. I'm talking the areas journalists are banned from entering.
    https://www.france24.com/en/20200307...ing-aegean-sea

On the Turkish side of the border, Turkish police have banned journalists from accessing the makeshift migrant camp at Pazarkule, but some migrants are managing to sneak out and tell their stories, reports FRANCE 24.

The areas the Turkish government sends reporters sure. I'm talking the areas journalists are banned from entering.
    Are the videos in question from migrant camps? Or from the border lines?
    The Armenian Issue