Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Turkey opens its borders for refugees to go to Europe.

Default Re: Turkey opens its borders for refugees to go to Europe.

Turkey's Interior Minister Soylu bragging that the turkish forces have bombarded Greek troops "with gas canisters and bullets":
    https://twitter.com/abdbozkurt/statu...mves-aeriou%2F

He also claimed that 150 thousand "migrants" have crossed into Greece since the 28th of February, which is of course a lie. Had this been the case, they would have bombarded us with footage of masses of "migrants" crossing the border, which they haven't done.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Turkey's Interior Minister Soylu bragging that the turkish forces have bombarded Greek troops "with gas canisters and bullets":
    https://twitter.com/abdbozkurt/statu...mves-aeriou%2F

He also claimed that 150 thousand "migrants" have crossed into Greece since the 28th of February, which is of course a lie. Had this been the case, they would have bombarded us with footage of masses of "migrants" crossing the border, which they haven't done.
    Verbatim what he says in the video regarding "gas canisters and bullet" statement, though the video is heavily edited:
    Of course, they harass our side ... They did it to us ... We retaliated ten times more ... We bombarded them with cartridge and gas bombs for hours ... We can do this again
    The Turkish word for bullet, which is "kurşun", is not used in his statement. You're linking a tweet from a well-known Gülen supporter so I'm not surprised that he's injecting misinformation there.
    The Armenian Issue

Here's another "Gulen supporter":
    https://twitter.com/YanniKouts/statu...24760891514881

German intel BND:
    • #Turkey deliberately ignited refugee crisis on Greek border last month
    • Turkish authorities put #refugees on buses & took them to the border
    • Turkish spies were among those who engaged in conflicts at the border

For those who only accept news from journalists, he is a well known journalist, and he's quoting the Spiegel...

In more news, the turkish operation in Evros seems to be over for the time being, 150 thousand of their "migrants" certainly did not make it through the border, in fact none managed to cross from the triple defense of Evros. Another defeat for the Neo-Ottoman Empire. It's becoming a habit, it seems.
    I hope Erdogan reigns for as long as possible.
    Last edited by ioannis76; March 27, 2020 at 11:00 AM.

Ankara is evacuating the "migrants" from the Greek border:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRAaoEa6ttA

From the euronews, for the people who love getting their news from news agencies, and not twitter accounts.

One picture speaks volumes:

One picture speaks volumes:

Care to tell us what's your point when you yourself used a video from 2 years ago as if it was taken last month on the Greek border? Are you saying there are Turks that try to misled people like you did?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Care to tell us what's your point when you yourself used a video from 2 years ago as if it was taken last month on the Greek border? Are you saying there are Turks that try to misled people like you did?
    As usual, the tu quoque in your arguments is strong.
    And yet, there is really nothing you can do to divert attention from the fact that the turkish authorities did, in fact, attempt to mislead the public and portray the invasion attempt as a humanitarian disaster caused by the Hellenic refusal to open its borders.

As usual, the tu quoque in your arguments is strong.
    And yet, there is really nothing you can do to divert attention from the fact that the turkish authorities did, in fact, attempt to mislead the public and portray the invasion attempt as a humanitarian disaster caused by the Hellenic refusal to open its borders.
    If you acknowledged using lies and apologized for it I wouldn't need to point out how you tried to misled people in this very thread. Moreover, referring to a random Twitter post doesn't somehow tell us anything about what the Turkish government tried to do. There was enough similar footage from the border to not need using such older footage.
    The Armenian Issue

Like I said, the tu quoque is strong in your argumentation. The problem is not that you do this, the problem is that the official turkish government is full of such instances. For example, I remember years ago, when the US government spoke about the Armenian genocide, the answer of the turkish side was to refer to the genocide of the native Americans and call it a day. Well, it doesn't work like that.
    As for the video, I myself added that this might not be accurate. And yet, here you are, trying desperately to conduct some sort of damage control.

By the way, am I mistaken, or is this "random tweet" from the account of a professional turkish football player?

Here is another video, btw, of the turkish riot police firing tear gas toward the Hellenic territory (I 've already posted a video of tear gas falling among Hellenic personnel and vehicles, in the Hellenic side of the border, which you of course chose to ignore).
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1236312352091516928
    I would like some explanation as to why the turkish police and/or jandirma were firing tear gas at the Helleinc security forces. Because I can't think of anything.

Like I said, the tu quoque is strong in your argumentation. The problem is not that you do this, the problem is that the official turkish government is full of such instances. For example, I remember years ago, when the US government spoke about the Armenian genocide, the answer of the turkish side was to refer to the genocide of the native Americans and call it a day. Well, it doesn't work like that.
    As for the video, I myself added that this might not be accurate. And yet, here you are, trying desperately to conduct some sort of damage control.

By the way, am I mistaken, or is this "random tweet" from the account of a professional turkish football player?
    Nice deflection. You had no trouble using fake videos to promote your agenda. Just because you said that it might not have been accurate doesn't really change the fact that you used it and you made no attempt to acknowledge it when it was pointed out to you that it was fake. Nope, that is not the Twitter account of a professional Turkish football player. So, no, this is not a "tu quoque" case. You simply tried to throw an accusation under false premises while you yourself done the same thing. It's shameful argumentation on your part.
    The Armenian Issue

So, no, this is not a "tu quoque" case. You simply tried to throw an accusation under false premises while you yourself done the same thing. It's shameful argumentation on your part.
    It is actually the definition of tu quoque, but I will not dwell on that, as it appears to be the rulebook of Turkish foreign policy (standard practice by the Turkish governments).
    What remains from all this Turkish operation, is the total defeat of Ankara in its attempt to violate the Hellenic/European borders.

It is actually the definition of tu quoque, but I will not dwell on that, as it appears to be the rulebook of Turkish foreign policy (standard practice by the Turkish governments).
    What remains from all this Turkish operation, is the total defeat of Ankara in its attempt to violate the Hellenic/European borders.
    Another post that is kept alive by ignoring what's been said, devoid of any logic. Good luck.
    The Armenian Issue

The turkish authorities (Erdogan) had said, when the hordes of "refugees" were originally stopped "Eeeeeei Yunanistan" (I just love it when he does that). "Why don't you open your borders, the refugees don't want to go to Greece, they only want to go to Europe".
    (Of course, this raises the question why no refugees attempted to go via Bulgaria, but never mind).
    When the Austrian Hungarian etc police officers came to aid the Hellenic security forces, the Turks on the other side would ask them "why are you here? These are not your borders." Such petty mindedness on the side of the Turkish government.

(Of course, this raises the question why no refugees attempted to go via Bulgaria, but never mind).
    This is a blatant lie.

Greece and Bulgaria crack down on Turkish borders as refugees arrive
    Hundreds of refugees in Turkey began arriving at the country’s borders with Greece and Bulgaria on Friday after Ankara suddenly indicated it would no longer block their passage to Europe.
    The Armenian Issue

LOL, the guardian. Where are the videos from the so called "refugees" flocking in the Bulgarian border?

Eeeeeeei Turkiye! Why are you such a bad "komsu"?

LOL, the guardian. Where are the videos from the so called "refugees" flocking in the Bulgarian border?
    Eeeeeeei Turkiye! Why are you such a bad "komsu"?
    How do you know all the random videos you posted are from the Greek border?
    The Armenian Issue

How do you know all the random videos you posted are from the Greek border?
    You got me! It's actually from the game of Barcelona vs Real Madrid, where the fans of Barca dressed up as Greek riot cops and military, and the fans of Real dressed up as... well, themselves. What's more, they put a sing in Greek saying "farewell" (in Hellenic) and some barbed wire. It was all fake.
    Meanwhile, a turkish HIZIR vehicle managed to get stuck in good weather and terrain conditions in the border, causing the ridicule of the Hellenic police:

https://www.proelasi.org/wp-content/...anies_.mp4?_=1

16 tonnes on 4 wheels. Seriously, what were the designers thinking? First we have the Kirpi capsizing, now this. I can't wait to see the Altay (if and when it's done).

You got me! It's actually from the game of Barcelona vs Real Madrid, where the fans of Barca dressed up as Greek riot cops and military, and the fans of Real dressed up as... well, themselves. What's more, they put a sing in Greek saying "farewell" (in Hellenic) and some barbed wire. It was all fake.
    Meanwhile, a turkish HIZIR vehicle managed to get stuck in good weather and terrain conditions in the border, causing the ridicule of the Hellenic police:

https://www.proelasi.org/wp-content/...anies_.mp4?_=1

16 tonnes on 4 wheels. Seriously, what were the designers thinking? First we have the Kirpi capsizing, now this. I can't wait to see the Altay (if and when it's done).
    Only a fraction of your videos have insignia of security forces visible or noticeable on videos. The fact that you're relying on such dubious videos to somehow ridicule Turkey shows desperation of the merits of your actual position. These are disgraceful posts on your part. Shame.
    The Armenian Issue

https://www.euractiv.com/section/glo...ill-stay-calm/

While Turkish forces claim that they cannot control the migrants on the Greek border, they can control them enough on the Bulgarian border as to give assurances to the Bulgarian PM that Bulgarian border will be calm.

Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov failed on Monday (2 March) in his mediation mission in Ankara which aimed to bring Greece, Turkey and EU leaders to a summit in Sofia to prevent a new refugee crisis in Europe. However, he won assurances from Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan that Ankara would honour its commitment not to allow migration pressure on Bulgaria.
    Indeed, while Turkey is sending busloads of migrants to its border with Greece, the situation at the Bulgarian border, a few kilometres away, remains calm.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrtgr View Post
    https://www.euractiv.com/section/glo...ill-stay-calm/

While Turkish forces claim that they cannot control the migrants on the Greek border, they can control them enough on the Bulgarian border as to give assurances to the Bulgarian PM that Bulgarian border will be calm.
    Likely opportunistic reporting. The Greek and Bulgarian border crossings are a dozen or so km away from each other. Build up on one is build up on the other. However, refugees always chose the Greek crossing over the Bulgarian one. One reason is Greece is in the Schengen area while Bulgaria is not. Greece, using that status, known to be shipping refugees to Italy. Though, some refugees still choose the Bulgarian root, committing themselves to a land route that would require them to cross the Romanian and Hungarian borders. None of that of course stopped the Bulgarian president from talking about requesting 130 million Euros emergency funds from EU to handle the refugees though.
    The Armenian Issue