Thread: MAARC LXXXV - the Winners!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXXV - the Winners!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

MAARC LXXXV

Congratulations to the winners!

In FIRST PLACE is Of Wolves and Prey by Cookiegod. This long-running AAR was begun in 2017, and it is a mark of Cookiegod's commitment that it is still being updated, and that it is still drawing in audiences and votes. The tale of Gundulf, Matteo and Aistulf has been praised for its twists - and, perhaps unexpectedly, its weirdness - and it always provides a good story. Cookiegod earns three points for this first-place win, and now has five Writers' Study Competition points, needing only one more to receive a bronze Writers' Study medal.

In SECOND PLACE is To earn a Kingdom by Turkafinwë. Another long-running AAR, this one can be described as a saga (in the best sense of that word). It combines history and legend beautifully and evocatively, while also giving us tension and drama. Turkafinwë's well-deserved two Writers' Study competition points for this second-place win mean that he now has a total of eight points.

Thanks to everyone who wrote or submitted an entry and all those who voted, and many congratulations to our winners!

The submission thread is here, the original voting thread is here, and the second-place tie-break thread is here.

Default Re: MAARC LXXXV - the Winners!

Congrats to you both FFS! Just happy I'm not part of those who contributed to the decision of who was first and who was not first! This one was the most horrific competition I had to vote for because all of you were just awesome!
    Now, going to myself!

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Well I knew if I'd just keep trying I'd wear you all down. Congrats Turk and thank you all my voters. What's wrong with you?

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Congrats guys! Cookiegod getting first place? The world is truly on the brink of ending....

Turk, I see your name here, hurry up and post so I can rep you!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

You've revealed your masterplan now, Cookie. Beware the reckoning. All jokes aside, congratulations Cookiegod, you really deserved it! Thanks to all who voted and to all who nominated or submitted. (Thanks Kilo11 for nominating several great AAR's worthy of recognition ). Thank you Caillagh for running the 85th Monthly After Action Report Competition! The submission and nomination period for the 86th MAARC is open and the thread can be found here. Keep doing what you do best fellow writers!

Edit: @Swaeft I didn't know you had summoning powers?
    Last edited by Turkafinwë; February 28, 2020 at 08:09 AM. Reason: What a coincidence

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

If only I did, if only... It was a great coincidence indeed!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations Cookiegod and Turk, and thanks to Caillagh and everyone!

Congrats, fellas! This was indeed a MAARC of solid gold. All entries have their own style and richness, and it was hard to decide at all, much less twice (due to the second place tie-break). My only hope is that the renewed recognition of his work might induce the old Deus Crustulum to get some more stuff out there. Seriously Cook, your only flaw as a writer is that you spend too little time writing. And it's an easy habit to break. Just grab a pen and put something to paper. If you do, I'll send you a cookie... a really good one!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Congrats Cookiegod and Turk, well deserved and worthy winners.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.