Thread: Need some starting directions.

Icon12 Need some starting directions.

Hello. Long time Total War Player and Lurker around these parts, and recently someone interested and with enough free time to want to mod Medieval 2, which I consider to the be the best Total War to date!

However, I'm a bit confused with the threads around here. I also have 3D as a hobby, so I know my way around making models, textures, animations, etc. And have made some small mods for Skyrim, so I have a little bit of experience in the matter. And all I really want to start in for the time being, is just making some custom units and placing them in game.

The problem is, I'm not sure exactly which tools to use around here or which guides to read up on. A lot of them are very old and even lacking pictures so I'm not sure if they are still viable. Then the tools, GOAT and the likes. Which one is the most used by the community, or which is the most stable? Specially for what I want to do which is custom units, models, textures, animations, etc. And also how do I get my game "mod ready", I heard of "Bare Geomod" but I'm not sure if that is just for maps or a clean game...

I really just need some directions to get myself started and get confortable with the processes of modding Med2.

Default Re: Need some starting directions.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need some starting directions.

GOAT requires a low version of python:
    Make sure you have a Python version less then 2.7 installed, else install from the applicable download link
    Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.6.6) - for 'regular' operating system
    Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (2.6.6) - for 64 bit operating system