Thread: Installation on Windows 10, cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Populus Romanus's Avatar Senator
    Redmond, Washington, United States of America

Icon5 Installation on Windows 10, cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

I am attempting to install EBII for the first time and am following the steps provided in the 2.35 announcement. Unfortunately, the links provided in the post for installation of OS specific software for Windows 10 x64 now lead to 404 errors - I think Microsoft may no longer offer those downloads. Through some google searching I was able to locate and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64). However, I have not been able to locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) after thoroughly searching the web. I did locate some similar items, such as Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package x64 (same thing minus the SP1, but I'm not sure whether it would still work for EBII) and the x86 version (I doubt that would work but I'm stupid at computers so???).

My question is, will either of these options work for EBII, or am I hosed?

Default Re: Installation on Windows 10, cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

My answer was wrong. Moderator please delete this as I can't find a way to do so.
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Caesar II; March 05, 2020 at 11:28 PM. Reason: delete bad post
    I'm OldTotalWarrior on YouTube.