Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Available on Steam 31st of March 2020

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Available on Steam 31st of March 2020

Does anyone have workshops yet? How expensive are they?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Available on Steam 31st of March 2020

Workshops cost about the same as a caravan. I've found them to earn less, but you don't need a companion so that's useful.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I've had a workshop end up earning significantly more than a caravan. It takes time for them to ramp up.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

I've got 2 workshops in Quyaz and a caravan roaming around - but still making a loss at this moment. The wages of my party with 50 experienced fighters are 400 a day, need more caravans.

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

400 for a 50 sized party sounds an awfully lot. Maybe you should ditch some of your elite soldiers and include more low to mid level warriors in your warband. Quantity has a quality all its own.

Right now I hold I have a castle, 3 workshop, 1 caravan and one of the wealthiest town in Caldara (Sanala) and even I do not spent that much on my larger party lol. Imho you do not need a full elite party. At least not until you became a a major vassal.

Workshops have a lot of variable for their income. Maybe you could optimize a little bit over there. I admit I have no idea how to use them to their full potential.

So in the end I managed to make a ton of money - I became a Vlandian vassal, and with 3 caravans + 3 workshops makes me almost 2000 denars a day profit.

Plus fighting significant battles means that you also get a lot of money and loot so you can spend it on various things like better equipment (Steppe War Bow - amazing) and more troops. Up to 90 men now.

I've noticed that once you have at least 30-40 cavalry you steamroll everything that's even double than you. Once you get to 100-150 soldiers and most of them are cavalry you can defeat 300 member armies easily.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Isn't that normal for Mount & Blade? More cav = steamroll?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Battles for some reason are easier than in Warband - and a lot of the factions are infantry focused mainly. Khuzaits and Aserai are cavalry but that's it.

By contrast, Vaegirs and Swadians were heavy users of knights.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I have enjoyed with this even it has its bugs and balance issues so far but since last week I decided to have a break from that game and wait more patches for it to see more interesting contents, bug fixes and balance changes.
    Also, I have few things that I can't stand at all. One of issues is your companions are like copy-paste version from each other and have no special abilities. Not interested only melee persons to find and hire. Then there is
    AI issues in siege where soldiers standing doing nothing, standing in ladders doing nothing (blocking), etc..
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; May 04, 2020 at 05:39 AM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    I've noticed that once you have at least 30-40 cavalry you steamroll everything that's even double than you. Once you get to 100-150 soldiers and most of them are cavalry you can defeat 300 member armies easily.
    That is because 2/3 of AI army is always tier 1 recruits; now face 100 Battanian Heroes and see what happened.

Currently the perfect army composition is 50% horse archers, 25% heavy cavalries, 15% archers and 10% heavy infantries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

I don't find just tier 1 recruits - I fought off some Northern Empire and Sturgian armies with a significant proportion of good infantry but they were infantry mainly, lacking significant cavalry support. When 40 armoured knights / cavalry crash into your line even if you're 100, you win automatically.

Balancing necessary yeah.

Senator

Bought it yesterday, gonna play it today.... I´m a little afraid of its addictiveness.

My wife will hate me, but sometimes a man must do things.

Blog Entries

It's worth the divorce
    and Peaman

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    It's worth the divorce
    LOL.

P.S. This comment was worth looking here.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Blog Entries

Haha, cheers mate
    and Peaman

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    It's worth the divorce
    Bough my wife a PS 4, now the problem is under control :-)

The Game is great fun, totally worth the Money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Bough my wife a PS 4, now the problem is under control :-)

The Game is great fun, totally worth the Money.
    And to elaborate on that, I wrote a review on it
    and Peaman

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Well said, I highly recommend King Athelstan's review of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord!

I highly agree that right now it's not an overwhelmingly positive review but it's on that path. I'm still quite irky about the optimisation - for me siege battles are almost unplayable due to heavy lag due to resource usage.

That being said, I love Bannerlord. But I'm on pause now with patches.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast