Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regnum Caelorum (crusades mod)

Default Re: Regnum Caelorum (mod set at the crusades)

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    If it will be completed and released, I'd be interested. But unless I was involved in developing it, I wouldn't show up much until that's the case.
    My statement was based on Moddb not on this forum It's just I've added some mods there in the last few years and I have an idea on the overall interest based on the amount of followers since the mod announcement. I didn't expect this mod to suscite a lot of interest based on what I see from other mods in the same context as for example In Nomine Dei, but I thought there would be a bit more at least. I guess it's the fact there are only a few factions and I understand that, I would myself be skeptical too. Also as I'm using BC models instead of new ones I guess. But anyway I'm still working on it, my comment it's just because my motivation atm comes only from a lot of ideas and inspiration I'm having regarding it and if I start losing this there is nothing else that would keep me working on it
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; March 02, 2020 at 07:22 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I would definitively play this should it be released
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I would definitively play this should it be released
    For sure want to play this mod, offering to help with the work in any way I could.

Don't worry guys as of now I'm still working on it, making commanders models, recruitment system, interface stuff, overhauling audio, etc.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Nice, keep at it!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I hope that you put the most important cities during that time bc other mods for the most part do not have that at all. I know this mod will be great when it is all done so keep up the good work.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    I hope that you put the most important cities during that time bc other mods for the most part do not have that at all. I know this mod will be great when it is all done so keep up the good work.
    I hope you're aware of the engine limit of 199 in the game. There's little reason to believe this mod will not include the major settlements of the middle east during the crusades period, and I honestly doubt you'd be able to enumerate them yourself. Anyhow, MC is using a map originally created by Gigantus.
    Last edited by Elendil 03; March 03, 2020 at 02:25 PM.

Why is the engine only aloud for 199 settlements?

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Why is the engine only aloud for 199 settlements?
    Ask CA. They probably thought it was a decent amount and put that into their code as the max. Anything above 199 regions (it's actually 199 regions + 1 sea region) and the game won't start.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

For a moment I thought someone had translated the German 'Regnum Coelis' mod that I recently ported to Kingdoms
    Looking forward to it - any intriguing scripting planned?

Well I'm using as base the old Holy Land mod and the guy made a great work with the cities and castles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    For a moment I thought someone had translated the German 'Regnum Coelis' mod that I recently ported to Kingdoms
    Looking forward to it - any intriguing scripting planned?
    Well as of now I've been focusing on interface, menus and ofc course adding units and strat map models so I didn't thought too much about the scripts, but there will a script to spawn templar and hospitaller grand master when one of them dies (Jerusalem get the templar and Antioch the hospitaller one, although the units themselves are recruitable by both). There will be also a script for the government/recruitment system. The script for 4 tpy, some necessary faction loggin scripts and also ofc the scripts to help AI military and financially like garrison script, ai debt help, etc (not sure if I'll add recruitment limitation script to this specific mod but probably). Any ideas on scripts that would fit the setting?

Added model for King Baldwin, also another one for the following Jerusalem Kings. Replaced strat map banners and made some changes in the crusader ui. Also adding some traits and ancillaries stuff.
    Btw the reason I didn't show anything from muslims and byzantines it's just because I'm making the crusader states first and then I'll move to the muslim factions and finally to the byzantines.

Looks really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    I hope you're aware of the engine limit of 199 in the game. There's little reason to believe this mod will not include the major settlements of the middle east during the crusades period, and I honestly doubt you'd be able to enumerate them yourself. Anyhow, MC is using a map originally created by Gigantus.
    The map is not Gigantus map that's the one used in In Nomine Dei. The map in this mod is the one from Holy Land mod that I'm using as base, it's an enlarged/resized crusades campaign map. The guy did a great work with the cities and castles and in historical accuracy, also the characters names, etc.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yup, the area in my map is far smaller, plus it's utterly basic (developer's base):

I'm replacing all the crusader horses with the horses of Jerusalem Rising submod which are made from the great Marka horses, all credits to him ofc, also the Jerusalem King models are from him too, I've just made small edits like increasing sharpness and removing the shield.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I might have something to contribute...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That is if they are acceptable...

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    I might have something to contribute...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That is if they are acceptable...
    They are nice but look too different from the Broken Crescent models I think.

Here the hopitaller horse already added to the mod:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast