Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Regnum Caelorum (crusades mod)

Default Re: Regnum Caelorum (crusades mod)

WHITE UI BUG FIX (MOST LIKELY STEAM BUG):

If you have white UI bug in campaign/battles, simply locate your Regnum Caelorum UI folder, probably in:

Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\RC_v05\data\ui

And delete the 3 following files:

battle.sd
    shared.sd
    strategy.sd

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It is also known as 'block graphic' bug. See here.

Most commonly found with mods that got developed under the old executable files (before the file merge of medieval2 with kingdoms). I have repacked a number of those mods and usually provide the solution within the installation (copying the required files into the main directory) as described in my guide.

Removing the mod's SD files is only advisable if they do not contain any custom entries\edits.

Magus, another great mod from you... I love it. Many, many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It is also known as 'block graphic' bug. See here.

Most commonly found with mods that got developed under the old executable files (before the file merge of medieval2 with kingdoms). I have repacked a number of those mods and usually provide the solution within the installation (copying the required files into the main directory) as described in my guide.

Removing the mod's SD files is only advisable if they do not contain any custom entries\edits.
    Well I'm not sure what you mean, the mod has all the files (and it uses the crusades campaign files). I did added your code to the batch file to detect if there is the kingdoms.exe

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Magus, another great mod from you... I love it. Many, many thanks!
    Thanks, a new version with tons of new content has just been released

Regnum Caelorum v.06 RELEASED

This is a really big update with tons of new stuff. The focus this time was in the gameplay and the roleplay aspects. Also fixes and corrections. I might have fixed the "white ui bug" in steam versions (need confirmation as I can't test it). I've also changed the code in the Executable to detect if the kingdoms.exe exists or not to recognize if it's a Steam version (Steam has it integrated in the medieval2.exe).

Changelog:

- Added an essential economy script for AI that was supposed to be already in the first version but I forgot it (AI shall now behave much better).

- Expanded a lot the implementation of the "religion system" with a complete overhaul to religion with the addition of Judaism and Zoroastrianism, and overhauled the starting religion levels in all settlements at the start of the campaign.

- New "religious communities" buildings representing the different peoples living in the settlements. Also the money you get in the government buildings now varies with the different religion levels and with your tolerance policy.

- Religion from buildings now spread every turn instead of every 4 turns (end of the year) as in the first version. However buildings that spread religion are now limited to a certain %.

- Overhauled buildings with some changes in bonuses. Some buildings were replaced with new ones. Many buildings (mostly buildings that improve happiness) now have upkeep cost, so all buildings have some kind of a con. Added some missing important historical "wonders".

- Added a streamlined supply and raiding system to armies and navies, enhancing the strategy part of the game.

- An assimilation system was implemented, when you conquer a new region there can be extra unrest due to religious and other random factors.

- The garrison script stopped being optional as I believe it's essential for this mod.

- The previous optional governor script as been expanded, and now besides needing a general to end the turn in the settlement to recruit and build, you now need a general to attack and siege too.

- Settlements now change the name depending on the faction who owns it.

- New immersive events, some interactive.

- Many little fixes and corrections.

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder RC_v06 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:

In video options choose the native resolution of your monitor (or whatever res you have set your desktop) and exit game. Then open Configuration.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you'll see this part:

[video]
    event_movies = 0
    movies = 1
    windowed = 0 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 0
    show_banners = 1
    # widescreen = 1
    # unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 0 to windowed = 1 (remember to save the changes)

(borderless_window = 1 will keep it in full screen while being in windowed mode)

CULTURAL BATTLE MUSIC FIX:

There is an odd bug with the Battle Music where it would always play the music from the same music set, so the music sets are all using the same battle music. In the mod's main folder there is one called CULTURAL BATTLE MUSIC FIX. Inside it there are 3 different folders with different music sets, go to the folder you want and copy/paste all the files to the sounds folder, in the data folder, and replace when asked. The default one is the Crusader Battle Music, so if that's what you want, no need to do anything.

WHITE UI BUG FIX (STEAM ONLY BUG):

If you have white UI bug in campaign and battles, go to the mod's data/ui folder and delete these files: battle.sd shared.sd strategy.sd

How to create a shortcut to launch the mod from your desktop:

- Go to RC_v06 folder, right click on the Executable file and chose "Create shortcut" and move the shortcut to the desktop.
    - Copy/paste the icon that is also in RC_v06 folder to the desktop.
    - Right click on the shortcut you created, chose properties and "Change icon...", then chose "Browse..." and then chose Desktop, you should have the icon there, just chose the icon.
    - Rename your shortcut to whatever you want, for example: Regnum Caelorum
    - You can now launch the mod always from your desktop.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; May 14, 2022 at 07:25 AM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on the release!
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Congratulations on the release!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Amazing!
    Thanks, hope you like it

This is a list of the "core gameplay mechanics" that you actually get right when starting a campaign, but for people who actually want to know before downloading, here it is (besides this, there are many other little things, like immersive custom voice lines for crusader and muslim generals on the campaign map, customized interfaces, much better quality icons, historical names in the native language, etc).

Core Gameplay mechanics:

- Recruitment System, Settlements, and Building Trees:

Your most important buildings are the ones from the faction's administration building tree, as they're required in order to build most other buildings and to recruit all units (besides ships) and diplomats. Which government buildings you can build, just like any other buildings, depends on the settlement (location, castle or town, etc). The units you can recruit also depends on the government building, location, and if it's a castle or town.

- Religion Mechanics:

There is a complex religion system implemented with roleplay events where your decisions matter! From the various religious communities in your Empire, to the government system and traits, rule your Kingdom as you wish!

- Grand Strategy System:

There is a VERY streamlined, "adds to the fun" and doesn't make for a nuisance supply system. You will find that you need fleets to support your far away invasions now (and the fleets themselves need maintenance), and that invading an enemy deep behind his lines isn't as simple as it used to be (keep an eye on your character's "Supply" trait levels). The system is designed to be SIMPLE, STREAMLINED, but still offer some fun complications which better mirror history. Your armies in enemy territory will have an upkeep due to war expenses (200 if not besieging, and of 500 if besieging). Also armies that aren't lead by a general have an upkeep of 500 representing lack of organization. Your characters can raid in enemy regions and earn a considerable amount of money at a cost, the probabilities are related to chivalry/dread levels, being much more likely for a dread character. When blockading ports there is a chance of sea raids and earn a considerable amount of money, or lose it... Admirals can be surprised by the enemy when navigating in their waters. After you conquer a new region there will be extra unrest based on religion and random factors. All settlements controlled by the AI will have a scripted garrison if controlled by a selected faction, not just against the player but also other AI factions, to compensate for the incapacity of the AI to properly protect settlements. The strenght of the garrison depends on the region.

- Artificial Intelligence, Characters, and War Mechanics:

In Regnum Caelorum, AI is as advanced as possible with Medieval II TW engine. If you're experienced in Medieval II TW you should probably set the Battle AI to higher difficulty levels, but if you're new to Regnum Caelorum is advised you keep Campaign AI at medium difficulty until you get used to the gameplay mechanics. AI will use generals often and few bigger stacks (in vanilla and other mods it tends to use more captains and many small armies). The only agents in Regnum Caelorum are diplomats, and even those have limited recruitment, AI will properly use diplomacy making war and alliances.

- Special Characters and Gameplay:

Knightly Orders from the Kingdom of Jerusalem have "Grandmaster" special characters, when they die, a new one spawns if the right conditions are met. The Templar Grandmaster spawns outside St Jean D'Acre if the faction owns the citadel and also Jerusalem. The Hospitaller Grandmaster spawns outside Krak des Chevaliers if the faction owns the citadel and also Jerusalem. There is an heraldry system implemented, every region has its own heraldry title, symbol and effects. In order for a character to earn an heraldry ancillary, he must end the season in a settlement from which the title doesn't exists already. The mod has implemented a 4 turns (called seasons in RC) per year script and everything is tweaked and balanced with that in mind.

I've figured out the reason for the "white ui bug", it was just a silly overlook, sry for the trouble. Just install the fix the same way as the main file. Gigantus was right, there was some files missing which were the xml ones, I don't know how I forgot about it, just realized when working ont he UI of a different mod of mine...

DOWNLOAD

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

All is well that ends well. Keep up the good work.

Added gameplay video to the description (it's in spanish). I think my modding time has come to an end, I'd like to do more stuff but real life issues...

Trailer video by Fahnat, thanks!

Regnum Caeleorum v0.7 RELEASED

Fixed bugged interface, several fixes and tweaks, some rebalance.

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder RC_v07 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:

In video options choose the native resolution of your monitor (or whatever res you have set your desktop) and exit game. Then open Configuration.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you'll see this part:

[video]
    event_movies = 0
    movies = 1
    windowed = 0 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 0
    show_banners = 1
    # widescreen = 1
    # unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 0 to windowed = 1 (remember to save the changes)

(borderless_window = 1 will keep it in full screen while being in windowed mode)

CULTURAL BATTLE MUSIC FIX:

There is an odd bug with the Battle Music where it would always play the music from the same music set, so the music sets are all using the same battle music. In the mod's main folder there is one called CULTURAL BATTLE MUSIC FIX. Inside it there are 3 different folders with different music sets, go to the folder you want and copy/paste all the files to the sounds folder, in the data folder, and replace when asked. The default one is the Crusader Battle Music, so if that's what you want, no need to do anything.

Triomphe's Avatar Laetus

Very promising mod. I have discovered it on Facebook. The music and pictures used are amazing.

I couldn't get the windowed mode trick above to work. Had to use full screen mode, which is fine.

I have a big problem with the construction of buildings. I can't get anything built. The construction queue is removed after pressing the next turn button. (tested with Jerusalem and Roman empire, with different beginning options)
    Last edited by Triomphe; October 04, 2023 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triomphe View Post
    Very promising mod. I have discovered it on Facebook. The music and pictures used are amazing.

I couldn't get the windowed mode trick above to work. Had to use full screen mode, which is fine.

I have a big problem with the construction of buildings. I can't get anything built. The construction queue is removed after pressing the next turn button. (tested with Jerusalem and Roman empire, with different beginning options)
    It's working well to me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234