Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regnum Caelorum (crusades mod)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Regnum Caelorum (mod set at the crusades)

Nice work!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Started working on the government system, still didn't completely decided on the recruitment, but most buildings (if not all ) will require the presence of a government building. This buildings are auto destructed by script when the settlement is captured by another faction. It's still in a very raw state, templar and hospitaller buildings should only be available in castles and under specific conditions, I still need to add the restrictions that's why they show up in the city scroll. I've also replaced the scroll ui.

Looks really nice!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    The map is not Gigantus map that's the one used in In Nomine Dei. The map in this mod is the one from Holy Land mod that I'm using as base, it's an enlarged/resized crusades campaign map. The guy did a great work with the cities and castles and in historical accuracy, also the characters names, etc.
    Excuse my ignorance, I should've read that post of yours more more closely.
    The government buildings look intriguing. Are you also going to add historical buildings?
    Imho, paleologos' models don't fit in all that badly on the technical side of things (the KOJ ones, that is). They're simply more colorful and wear some kind of uniforms. Maybe they'd do for the regular troops as opposed to mercenaries and levies, such as the poulain sergeants which were regularly employed for guarding and patroulling duties.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

EBII and 1648 used individual, pre-placed hinterland buildings to give historical information of the settlement and if appropriate to give a bonus. That's pretty nifty for immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I should've read that post of yours more more closely.
    The government buildings look intriguing. Are you also going to add historical buildings?
    Imho, paleologos' models don't fit in all that badly on the technical side of things (the KOJ ones, that is). They're simply more colorful and wear some kind of uniforms. Maybe they'd do for the regular troops as opposed to mercenaries and levies, such as the poulain sergeants which were regularly employed for guarding and patroulling duties.
    Well sometimes screenshots can be misleading because of lightning settings, etc. I'll maybe later test his models together with the BC units. Also maybe test some more stuff from RS however for example the Jerusalem King model I've need to increase the sharpness a lot so it looks good with the default BC units.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    EBII and 1648 used individual, pre-placed hinterland buildings to give historical information of the settlement and if appropriate to give a bonus. That's pretty nifty for immersion.
    I did a similar thing in my mod Aurei Imperii although is not 1 for each region but for a few, for example 1 for all Egypt with the overhaul history of Egypt since the pre dynastic period to the starting date of the mod. But as this mod it's set for a smaller and more specific areas not sure if it's worth the work.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    I did a similar thing in my mod Aurei Imperii although is not 1 for each region but for a few, for example 1 for all Egypt with the overhaul history of Egypt since the pre dynastic period to the starting date of the mod. But as this mod it's set for a smaller and more specific areas not sure if it's worth the work.
    Hey MagusCaligula, so sorry for my super late response to your permission request. Please feel free to use any part of IND mod, just give proper credits for the parts you use.
    Best
    Aneirin
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Quote Originally Posted by Aneirin View Post
    Hey MagusCaligula, so sorry for my super late response to your permission request. Please feel free to use any part of IND mod, just give proper credits for the parts you use.
    Best
    Aneirin
    Thanks, although I've gave up on this mod as I don't have time (and lost interest) for it.

Guys I've gave up on this mod, I've uploaded stuff from the mod that others might find useful.

This is a modder resource, it has uis for crusader, byzantine, muslim and also strat models and battle models for crusaders. Also menus, loading screen stuff and many other stuff I worked on like icons and images.

crusader modder resources

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Another crusader mod that doesn't see the light of the day... Great work though!
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Default Re: Crusader Modder Recources

I hope this gets somewhere. Looks very good so far. Good work, I hope it gets finished one day but yeah take your time.

I'm considering to finish this mod (at least make some beta version) but can't promise anything.

I've removed that resource as I've been working on this mod again, hopefully this time it will be finished, I've changed the map to the vanilla one though, as I don't have time to work on that big map and add more factions, etc. Maybe someone could move this thread to Wips, Ideas and Proposals again?

Default Re: Regnum Caelorum (crusades mod)

Regnum Caelorum v0.5 RELEASED!

This is the first version of the mod so bugs and unbalances are to be expected but I'm not aware of anything besides the Cultural Battle Music Bug (easy to fix, just read in description). Replaced all the screenshots in the main post as the mod was completely redesigned and almost remade from scratch.

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder RC_v05 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

If the game is opened in a small window do this:

Open RC.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you'll see this part:

[video]
    event_movies = 0
    movies = 1
    windowed = 1 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 0
    show_banners = 1
    # widescreen = 1
    unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 1 to windowed = 0

Then in game options chose the native resolution of your monitor, after that you can change to windowed = 1 again and you'll still have full screen.

CULTURAL BATTLE MUSIC FIX:

There is an odd bug with the Battle Music where it would always play the music from the same music set, so the music sets are all using the same battle music. In the mod's main folder there is one called CULTURAL BATTLE MUSIC FIX. Inside it there are 3 different folders with different music sets, go to the folder you want and copy/paste all the files to the sounds folder, in the data folder, and replace when asked. The default one is the Crusader Battle Music, so if that's what you want, no need to do anything.

How to create a shortcut to launch the mod from your desktop:

- Go to RC_v05 folder, right click on the Executable file and chose "Create shortcut" and move the shortcut to the desktop.
    - Copy/paste the icon that is also in RC_v05 folder to the desktop.
    - Right click on the shortcut you created, chose properties and "Change icon...", then chose "Browse..." and then chose Desktop, you should have the icon there, just chose the icon.
    - Rename your shortcut to whatever you want, for example: Regnum Caelorum
    - You can now launch the mod always from your desktop.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; April 24, 2022 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Fixing small window disaplay - simply go into the video options of the game and make sure the resolutions are at least as big as your desktop resolution. That will retain the positive effects of using windowed mode.
    I would suggest to leave the unit detail level to the user instead of forcing through the CFG file.

If you intend to have more releases maybe have a look into my installer guide - it simplifies installation tremendously.

Keep up the good work!

Fixing small window disaplay - simply go into the video options of the game and make sure the resolutions are at least as big as your desktop resolution. That will retain the positive effects of using windowed mode.
    I would suggest to leave the unit detail level to the user instead of forcing through the CFG file.

If you intend to have more releases maybe have a look into my installer guide - it simplifies installation tremendously.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the recommendations. The thing with installers is that antivirus and if I remember well Windows Defender (have it disabled, too intrusive) don't like it much. I've got a big mod installation corrupted by Avast. Since then I've always turned off Avast files security when installing a mod with an installer.

Yeah, I've commented out the unit and battle time limit lines in the new file I've uploaded with the game set to full screen as some were complaining about graphics glitches and mouse cursor weirdiness and it's probably because of that as to me the mod runs perfectly.

I've uploaded a new file, now the game shall be in full screen by default, so there shouldn't be any kind of issues. If there is, then I don't know, to me the mod run perfectly as you can see in the screenshots. I've also commented out some other lines that were overriding the game options.

DOWNLOAD

Blog Entries

There were issues at some time with installers, correct, the common installers and common AVs however do not report them anymore. Can't promise this to be correct when it comes to the rather new aspect of memory editing, which won't apply to your mod I assume. Certainly haven't had any comebacks in years about the installer I am mentioning in connection with the standard mod set up. I have even turned the BAT file in my latest Bare Geomod release into a executable file and had no issues.

There were issues at some time with installers, correct, the common installers and common AVs however do not report them anymore. Can't promise this to be correct when it comes to the rather new aspect of memory editing, which won't apply to your mod I assume. Certainly haven't had any comebacks in years about the installer I am mentioning in connection with the standard mod set up. I have even turned the BAT file in my latest Bare Geomod release into a executable file and had no issues.
    Thanks for info, yeah I think the mod that got corrupted was De Bello Mundi which probably has an older installer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast