Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regnum Caelorum (crusades mod)

Default Regnum Caelorum (crusades mod)

Regnum Caelorum is a mod set in the "Holy Land" during the Crusades.

Features:

- Campaign set at 1174 AD
    - 4 Turns per Year
    - Historical units
    - Factional recruitment with a government system
    - Improved AI both in campaign and battlefield
    - Scripts to help AI in finances and military
    - Challenging but fun and very unique gameplay
    - Immersive traits and ancillaries (heraldry)
    - Immersive roleplay events with influence in the gameplay
    - Immersive religion mechanics
    - Immersive building trees
    - Immersive interfaces and info images
    - Immersive custom voice lines when selecting crusader and islamic generals on campaign map
    - Immersive music
    - Overhaul to almost everything

Factions:

- Kingdom of Jerusalem
    - Byzantine Empire
    - Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia
    - Kingdom of Georgia
    - Ayyubid Sultanate
    - Abbasid Caliphate
    - Seljuk Turks

Credits:

- AlphaDelta / Strelac / Broken Crescent (unit models, strat map models, terrain textures, cutscenes videos, unit cards, some traits/scripts, factions descriptions)
    - MARKA / Rusichi Total War (horse models)
    - 0TheLastTemplar0 / Jerusalem Rising (crusader horses armours textures)
    - AnthoniusII / The Great Conflicts (non-crusader horses armours textures)
    - Riczu (strat map ship model)
    - Medieval Kingdoms 1212 AD (original symbols for the new factions - Armenia, Georgia, Abbasids)
    - Maltacus unit card minimod for BC (most unit cards)
    - Germanicu5 / ReallyBadAI Battle System (Battle AI)
    - PiterAI (Campaign AI)
    - WeekendGeneral / Buff & Shine (base unit stats balance, some traits/scripts)
    - Europa Barbarorum II (some scripts/traits)
    - Gigantus (Recruitment Limitation Script, other scripts)
    - Byzantineboy (traits/scripts/buildings from Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis religious system)

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder RC_v07 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:

In video options choose the native resolution of your monitor (or whatever res you have set your desktop) and exit game. Then open Configuration.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you'll see this part:

[video]
    event_movies = 0
    movies = 1
    windowed = 0 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 0
    show_banners = 1
    # widescreen = 1
    # unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 0 to windowed = 1 (remember to save the changes)

(borderless_window = 1 will keep it in full screen while being in windowed mode)

CULTURAL BATTLE MUSIC FIX:

There is an odd bug with the Battle Music where it would always play the music from the same music set, so the music sets are all using the same battle music. In the mod's main folder there is one called CULTURAL BATTLE MUSIC FIX. Inside it there are 3 different folders with different music sets, go to the folder you want and copy/paste all the files to the sounds folder, in the data folder, and replace when asked. The default one is the Crusader Battle Music, so if that's what you want, no need to do anything.

How to create a shortcut to launch the mod from your desktop:

- Go to RC_v07 folder, right click on the Executable file and chose "Create shortcut" and move the shortcut to the desktop.
    - Copy/paste the icon that is also in RC_v07 folder to the desktop.
    - Right click on the shortcut you created, chose properties and "Change icon...", then chose "Browse..." and then chose Desktop, you should have the icon there, just chose the icon.
    - Rename your shortcut to whatever you want, for example: Regnum Caelorum
    - You can now launch the mod always from your desktop.

Regnum Caelorum Gameplay by German Ziro (spanish/espaņol):

Screenshots:

Last edited by MagusCaligula; March 07, 2023 at 01:48 PM.

Default Re: Regnum Caelorum (mod set at the crusades)

reserved

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome!
    Keep up the great work

Looks great! Can't wait to see more!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Well, maybe Medieval 2 is going to get its definitive crusades-themed mod after all. If you are to enable real-time battles, that is, which I fervently hope for.
    Are you planning to add any more factions? If so, you could get yourself resources and inspiration from IND. That mod has got an incredibly detailed map and full rosters for most of the factions present, though it does come short in terms of mechanics and overall flavor.
    Last edited by Elendil 03; February 22, 2020 at 04:00 PM.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

That all looks like great work! Glad to see a crusades-centered mod in development for such a gem of a game!

I'm using as the base Holy Land mod which died long time ago but it had interesting ideas and people seemed to like it. Links for download in front page are all dead but the one in the last comment page by absinthia actually works if someone is interested in trying the mod. That mod was an overhaul from the crusades campaign with an enlarged vanilla map with 60 more regions.

What I'm thinking is keeping most of his work especially units balance, etc as it's already tested and people seemed to like it. So I can focus mostly in other gameplay aspects such as traits, ancillaries and events. And ofc as you can see by the scrennshots I've been working on interface stuff. I'm going to also add immersive voice acting from my Warband mod and some unused lines I kept around.

And yes this particular mod will ofc have real time battles lol As of now I've replaced Jerusalem/Antioch units with Broken Crescent units. Most of those units are covered by AlphaDelta's policy which allows modders to use the units freely by just being credit. A few of that roster are from strelac so not sure if I can keep them. The unit models for Egypt and Turks roster are AlphaDelta's units so no problem here. The biggest issue are the Byzantines so I don't know if I can use those units. I'm also using their strat map models as of now, as I think we can use and just give credit, at least that's what I understand by an answer giving to someone who ask for them in the forum. I've also seen them in a few other mods. It would be better to just talk to someone of the team about these things it but doesn't seem to be someone active in the forum anymore. If someone can elucidate me about that it would be great. Personally I'd like to use their units exclusively as consistency is important to me, I don't like things that feel out of place.

For now the factions will be the crusades campaign ones with the change in name for the muslim ones.

Elendil 03: I did pmed him in Moddb about permissions for his units but I got no answer.

The unit cards I'm using btw are from Maltacus unit cards submod for BC.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; February 23, 2020 at 08:29 AM.

I'm happy to hear that. Are the models from plain BC or from the Jerusalem submod?

I've sent Aneirin another PM here and in a German forum he's been active in some time ago, just in case you'd like to add more factions later on - the map would certainly allow for that. The quality of the textures and the amount of polygons in IND's models should not be that different from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    I'm happy to hear that. Are the models from plain BC or from the Jerusalem submod?

I've sent Aneirin another PM here and in a German forum he's been active in some time ago, just in case you'd like to add more factions later on - the map would certainly allow for that. The quality of the textures and the amount of polygons in IND's models should not be that different from each other.
    I didn't knew that submod but apparently the file is missing from the download link.

Well, there's a functioning DL link in the "submods" subforum: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kttwxr...Alpha.zip/file

Well, there's a functioning DL link in the "submods" subforum: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kttwxr...Alpha.zip/file
    Thanks. Well the units I'm not much interested, however what I really found interesting is the Grandmaster feature as I was already thinking about something like that. But I've made a Templar model for battle and strat in the style of BC Jerusalem general. Well it's not really a new model, I just replaced the Jerusalem general textures surcoat with a Templar one. I'll use the script and I'll actually do the same thing for the Hospitallers but is Antioch who get them instead.

I've also changed my mind regarding keeping HL game balance, I'll instead use Broken Crescent units balance. The recruitment system will be something similar to what I did in Aurei Imperii just with a different implementation.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; February 26, 2020 at 11:18 AM.

Templar Grandmaster:

Will you use the script that replaces settlement names according to the faction holding it?
    Btw: There's a typo on you first screenshot in the name of Beirut.

Will you use the script that replaces settlement names according to the faction holding it?
    Btw: There's a typo on you first screenshot in the name of Beirut.
    Nah, too much work (especially as it needs a lot of research) lol I didn't even did that for Aurei Imperii wich would be even more interesting.

Yeah I'll fix the typo.

Fixed an issue with the special unit battle banners being reversed reuploaded templar grandmaster screenshot.

Done models for hospitaller grandmaster and antiochian general.

Looks great! Are you going to make the scripts for edu ebu and desr_strat so that they are more balanced? If you have any questions then please let me know.

I realized I actually downloaded an alpha version of Jerusalem Rising when there is actually a 1.0 one from last year. I'll take a look at it, however I don't know if I'll actually continue this mod as there isn't much interest in it apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Looks great! Are you going to make the scripts for edu ebu and desr_strat so that they are more balanced? If you have any questions then please let me know.
    The idea is to overhaul everything.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

If it will be completed and released, I'd be interested. But unless I was involved in developing it, I wouldn't show up much until that's the case.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast