Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hanau Shooting

Default Re: Hanau Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Perhaps you could forward your smarmy comments to the vigil visitors or the families of the victims, many of whom are religious? After all, given your reputation for compassion, I'm sure they'll be receptive to your ontological lectures.
    Oh pur-lease...

Don't be sanctimonious and pretend that you actually care for the victims or their families. If you did then conservatives like yourself would actually want to do something constructive to prevent any further tragedies (stricter gun regulations or measures stopping people being groomed by online hate groups for example) rather than merely crossing your fingers and hoping that the magic wishing fairy will answer...

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Doesn't Germany have some strict gun laws?

...and speech laws too?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Well these so-called Antifa which belongs to the Left-Wing which are actually fighting in Syria or somewhere else on their so-called Liberation Front. Besides that there enough Left-Wing Politicians in Europe who protect them, we have members even in this Forum or ruling Administrator on some very well known Networks. Furthermore Germany had a serious past with Left-Wing-Extremism, Antifa is just something like Rookie level.
    Exactly. Also, the Antifa ideology is just as extreme as that of other terrorists or spree killers (including the perp mentioned in the OP), right down to genocidal fantasies. It's just that they lack the funding, resolve, and intelligence of other extremist groups, like ISIS for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    It's almost as if strict gun control doesn't keep people from radicalizing themselves via the internet...

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Germany has a big far-right problem, it's nothing new. Last month- Germany fearful of rising right-wing extremism among soldiers ...
    Germany is looking to launch hundreds of new inquiries into soldiers with right-wing extremist leanings, according to an announcement by Germany's Military Counterintelligence Service.
    Welt am Sonntag, a German newspaper, reported the announcement yesterday. A total of 550 German Bundeswehr soldiers were announced as future subjects of investigation because of their suspected extremist leanings. Much of the suspicion focuses on the country's elite special forces unit.
    In 2019, 360 cases of right-wing extremism were registered, according to the head of the German military's counterintelligence service (MAD) Christof Gramm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    "Right-wing" extremism is an unfortunate side effect of multi-cultural, nationally nihilistic policies.
    Far Right wing terrorism is a side effect of white supremacy ideology.
    Last edited by Ludicus; February 21, 2020 at 12:59 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    It's almost as if strict gun control doesn't keep people from radicalizing themselves via the internet...
    Thats cool but not the point of my question. TheLeft mentioned stricter gun laws. I asked because i was sure they had strict gun laws and besides an outright ban on all firearms i fail to see how stricter gun laws would have changed anything.
    Last edited by Vanoi; February 21, 2020 at 01:32 PM.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

I did some work in Hanau fifty years ago. I was there for a few weeks. I really didn't care much for the place. Considering what I saw there, this happening all these years later doesn't surprise me.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Thats cool but not the point of my question. TheLeft mentioned stricter gun laws. I asked because i was sure they had strict gun laws and besides an outright ban on all firearms i fail to see how stricter gun laws would have changed anything.
    He was a gun sportsman. Gun Sportsmen can buy guns for their sports in their gunclub. But the chairman of the gunclub of R. hasn't seen him for a long time. Perhaps the gun law needs an amendment, that sportsmen shall obligatory visit their club, so the other members can see, if he is mentally alright or living in an alternative world...
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Exactly. Also, the Antifa ideology is just as extreme as that of other terrorists or spree killers (including the perp mentioned in the OP), right down to genocidal fantasies. It's just that they lack the funding, resolve, and intelligence of other extremist groups, like ISIS for example.
    What's morally wrong with going to Syria to fight against ISIL? At least the antifa fight for secularism in practice, instead of only verbally. Also, can you clarify which Antifascist principles exactly are similar Neo-Nazis calling for the physical extermination of the entire western Asia? Finally, the murderous far-right terrorists attacks in Germany have largely been perpetrated by lone-wolves, not terrorist groups, so how do you explain the preponderance of far-right terrorists, in comparison to left-wing radicals? Are the former more determined and intelligent than the latter?

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Far Right wing terrorism is a side effect of white supremacy ideology.
    This term doesn't even make much sense in the German context. You rarely hear the term "white" in Germany.

In any event, the cause may or may not be "ideological," but this "ideology" grows in the fertile soil of a decaying society and nation-state. Combine this with a few crazies, and you've got yourself an unholy mixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Sylva View Post
    He was a gun sportsman. Gun Sportsmen can buy guns for their sports in their gunclub. But the chairman of the gunclub of R. hasn't seen him for a long time. Perhaps the gun law needs an amendment, that sportsmen shall obligatory visit their club, so the other members can see, if he is mentally alright or living in an alternative world...
    The clubs can perhaps set-up guidelines on contacting police or some other officer about suspicious individuals. This sort of thing is fairly rare in Europe, I think it's safe to write this off as a one-off.

Its almost like people can buy things that are illegal to sell. I recalle in the previous shooting, the guy himself made a fully-automatic SMG. Gun control is simply not effective at preventing such attacks, it only exists to guard politicians and elites from the population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    verbally. Also, can you clarify which Antifascist principles exactly are similar Neo-Nazis calling for the physical extermination of the entire western Asia? Finally, the murderous far-right terrorists attacks in Germany have largely been perpetrated by lone-wolves, not terrorist groups, so how do you explain the preponderance of far-right terrorists, in comparison to left-wing radicals? Are the former more determined and intelligent than the latter?
    When it comes to battles between marxists and islamists, best civilized world can hope for is high bodycount on both sides, and remains of both being wiped out by Syrian army and its allies, which are the only side that actually fights for secularism.
    As for the radicalism itself, it is inevitable consequence of the current state of decay of many Western countries. What is radical today will be considered a new norm tomorrow.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; February 22, 2020 at 05:13 PM.

What's morally wrong with going to Syria to fight against ISIL?
    You have to understand, modern conservationism sees actions as good or bad based on who is doing them instead of what is being done. So an Antifa fighting against ISIS is bad, but a fascist fighting for ISIS would be good.
    At least the antifa fight for secularism in practice, instead of only verbally.
    Another mark against them in conservative eyes, who vastly prefer religious rule as yet another weapon in their endless drive to control others.
    Also, can you clarify which Antifascist principles exactly are similar Neo-Nazis calling for the physical extermination of the entire western Asia?
    Fascist really do believe that asking them to not murder others is morally equivalent to genocide.
    Finally, the murderous far-right terrorists attacks in Germany have largely been perpetrated by lone-wolves, not terrorist groups, so how do you explain the preponderance of far-right terrorists, in comparison to left-wing radicals? Are the former more determined and intelligent than the latter?
    Generally right-wing views involve strict hierarchy, with the whole of humanity divided into "superior" and "inferior". To those on the right "inferiors" owe "superiors" unquestioning obedience, but there is no expectation that "superiors" will treat "inferiors" fairly or even humanely. To the right this isn't just an ideal, it's the only way the world can conceivably function. So when they see "inferiors" IE dark-skinned making gains or demanding to be treated as equals, they see it as not just a personal attack but an attack on their entire worldview. This leads them to lash our with extreme violence with the goal of putting "inferiors" back in "their place". We saw it with the KKK in the US and waves of lynchings, and we are seeing the same with modern right-wing terrorism.

It is really funny to see someone who praised Bloomberg (who blames ethnic minorities for crime rates in his ubran hellhole) in another thread to clutch pearls over imaginary "fascism" and non-existent right-wing terrorism.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Generally right-wing views involve strict hierarchy, with the whole of humanity divided into "superior" and "inferior". To those on the right "inferiors" owe "superiors" unquestioning obedience, but there is no expectation that "superiors" will treat "inferiors" fairly or even humanely. To the right this isn't just an ideal, it's the only way the world can conceivably function. So when they see "inferiors" IE dark-skinned making gains or demanding to be treated as equals, they see it as not just a personal attack but an attack on their entire worldview. This leads them to lash our with extreme violence with the goal of putting "inferiors" back in "their place". We saw it with the KKK in the US and waves of lynchings, and we are seeing the same with modern right-wing terrorism.
    This is what the Nazis aim for. Is there anything between loving and wanting to protect your home country and utter annihilation of whole races?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    It is really funny to see someone who praised Bloomberg (who blames ethnic minorities for crime rates in his ubran hellhole) in another thread to clutch pearls over imaginary "fascism" and non-existent right-wing terrorism.
    Yes yes, we all know of your all-consuming hatred for those who live in cities. You and this guy should swap ideas. And "imaginary" fascism? I'm imaging the near-daily mass killings your side does?

That's my point as well. In Germany, owning firearms is basically a rich people's hobby, because of the related expenses - you have to get a license and a gun safe, you're practically forced to join a shooting club IIRC (unless you're a hunter, in which case you have to pay hunting-related fees), and so on. Not to mention carry permits, which are hard to obtain.

What's morally wrong with going to Syria to fight against ISIL?
    Nothing, in fact I'd encourage all of them to fight against ISIS. Win-win, as far as I'm concerned. However, I doubt that many Antifa people are actually among the ones fighting ISIS. I also find it rather remarkable how they denounce any form of nationalism at home, but nationalism-by-proxy (i.e. Kurdistan, and any other non-European country) is great. Seems just a tiny bit hypocritical...

Also, can you clarify which Antifascist principles exactly are similar Neo-Nazis calling for the physical extermination of the entire western Asia?
    Considering that Antifa calls for the physical extermination of ethnic Germans and other (northern) Europeans (read the stuff they publish, or their leaflets and graffiti, or try talking to them), yeah, they're very similar.

Finally, the murderous far-right terrorists attacks in Germany have largely been perpetrated by lone-wolves, not terrorist groups, so how do you explain the preponderance of far-right terrorists, in comparison to left-wing radicals? Are the former more determined and intelligent than the latter?
    I'd say they are more determined, more desperate, and also more likely to come from segments of society where they have more access to firearms, similar to radical Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Yes yes, we all know of your all-consuming hatred for those who live in cities. You and this guy should swap ideas. And "imaginary" fascism? I'm imaging the near-daily mass killings your side does?
    "My side" just wants less taxes and all guns and drugs to be legal. The biggest amount of killings these days is done by globalist liberal side, "exportation of democracy" being one of the major factors here.
    Also your boy Bloomberg thinks minorities are inherently pre-disposed to committing crimes. Very progressive!

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

The antifascist consensus in Germany and in Europe is very valid and very important. Period. No braking with democracy.

The "anti-fascist consensus" is just elites labeling anything that contradicts their desired narrative as "fascist", regardless of the context of contradiction.
    Any motion that aims at suppressing freedom of speech and freedom of expression breaks with democracy by definition.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast