Thread: [Official AoB Preview #7] 3D Art Dump #1 - Helmets, Weapons, Clothing

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Default [Official AoB Preview #7] 3D Art Dump #1 - Helmets, Weapons, Clothing

Discord
    Facebook
    ModDB

Our first art dump showing off some of the awesome new 3D work by our newest 3D artist, Benjin! This one shows off lots of new helmets, weapons and clothing that the regular infantry will be using.

Hello all! My name is Benjin and I am a 3D artist who has been modding Total War games since 2017, although mostly for Total War: ROME II - In fact you may know me as the modder behind AAA: Generals series of mods. I recently joined the Age of Bronze team to work on a variety of 3D assets, though at the moment my efforts are focused on equipment. I joined the team late last year, and since then my work has featured prominently in the 1.7 update, with much more to come down the line!

Since joining the team I've produced a fair amount of content, and I and the rest of the team thought it would be a good idea to share some stand-alone renders of some of this, giving a more detailed look at the art going into Age of Bronze. This selection includes both content already in the mod, as well as a number of pieces that will be coming in future updates. With my work I try and follow the Creative Assembly's own art style and technique as close as possible, and wherever there are gaps in archaeological records I try and make a feasible interpretation as to how an item may have looked and functioned. My tools of the trade are Autodesk Maya, Pixologic zBrush, Substance Painter, Adobe Photoshop, and Marmoset Toolbag.

In the near future I aim to complete all of the more difficult, high priority assets (e.g. torso armours, ornate helmets, more clothing etc) for all characters to make use of, and after that to move onto environment pieces (including buildings and ships). Until then, I hope you guys like the work I'm producing so far!

Last edited by Benjin; July 03, 2020 at 02:56 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Official AoB Preview #6] 3D Art Dump #1 - Helmets, Weapons, Clothing

Dump! Dump!

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: [Official AoB Preview #6] 3D Art Dump #1 - Helmets, Weapons, Clothing

Looking good.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Nice work!

Amazing assets +Rep

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Magistrate

Well done!

Brilliant
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

I'm just so happy this mod isn't dead.

Default Re: [Official AoB Preview #7] 3D Art Dump #1 - Helmets, Weapons, Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post

Discord
    Facebook
    ModDB

Our first art dump showing off some of the awesome new 3D work by our newest 3D artist, Benjin! This one shows off lots of new helmets, weapons and clothing that the regular infantry will be using.

Hello all! My name is Benjin and I am a 3D artist who has been modding Total War games since 2017, although mostly for Total War: ROME II - In fact you may know me as the modder behind AAA: Generals series of mods. I recently joined the Age of Bronze team to work on a variety of 3D assets, though at the moment my efforts are focused on equipment. I joined the team late last year, and since then my work has featured prominently in the 1.7 update, with much more to come down the line!

Since joining the team I've produced a fair amount of content, and I and the rest of the team thought it would be a good idea to share some stand-alone renders of some of this, giving a more detailed look at the art going into Age of Bronze. This selection includes both content already in the mod, as well as a number of pieces that will be coming in future updates. With my work I try and follow the Creative Assembly's own art style and technique as close as possible, and wherever there are gaps in archaeological records I try and make a feasible interpretation as to how an item may have looked and functioned. My tools of the trade are Autodesk Maya, Pixologic zBrush, Substance Painter, Adobe Photoshop, and Marmoset Toolbag.

In the near future I aim to complete all of the more difficult, high priority assets (e.g. torso armours, ornate helmets, more clothing at lil peep merchandise etc) for all characters to make use of, and after that to move onto environment pieces (including buildings and ships). Until then, I hope you guys like the work I'm producing so far!

That's Amazing. Looking Awesome.