Thread: Playing the Teutonic Order Campaign issues

Default Playing the Teutonic Order Campaign issues

First I want to say I am loving the MOD! Huge thank you you to all involved!

Started playing as the Teutonic Order and have had/seen a few issues.

1. I am not able to build any foot soldiers in Riga. I have them in the raise forces panel but they are greyed out and have been since the beginning (currently held by the Levantine Rebels). I can raise mounted units just not foot. Im sure im missing something but cant seem to figure it out.

2. As of 1369 AD there has been 1 crusade called even though Jerusalem is and has not been under Christian control.

3. Missions are given when its not possible to complete. (ex. 1st move after taking an eastern Orthodox owned province Pope issues a mission to get settlement to a majority Catholic in ten turns. The settlement is currently at 1% Catholic. Even with two priests (the most I can have) and building a church from scratch there is no way I can get above 50% in that short of time. I have yet to get the same mission when the settlement is is at 30% or 40%. With the assassinations missions I never get a result other then wounding. I have attempted 100's(not all for missions) and the best result is wounding which nullifies the mission.

4. I am not able to raise a fleet, even with a military dock (even when I up'd it to an Arsenal). When I click on Raise Fleet nothing happens.

5. My Faction leaders seem to make it to about 52 to 57 years old (not the issue), the other faction leaders have some sort of elixir of youth. Currently The HRE is 173yrs old and the Duchy of Burgundy is 197yrs old. And they are all like that. ( counted up to 17 leaders that are +100yrs old before I got tired of counting). Early on the Pope was dying every 3 to 4 turns, now he is 103.

6. I can not seem to increase Control or even maintain it. Even when i do get a successful political move it doesnt go up, it just goes down when it fails. (this may have to do with me just not being very good at the political game but I would think I would see it go up even just 1% or 2% when I have a successful action)

Any input or anyone seeing the same thing, or any tips would be much appreciated.

-VB

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Playing the Teutonic Order Campaign issues

Hi Von Birnstock, welcome to the forum
    well, what i read it is not ready for a Campaign yet and only for Custom Battles....or am i overseeing something?

Hi Zaar, you are absolutely correct. My bad, I meant to preface my post with the campaign is in Open Alpha currently so all the things I listed should be expected. I just wanted to post my experience, confirm if they were just things I was missing or if others were also seeing the same issues, and hopefully, assist the devs in uncovering some inconsistencies that can be corrected during the process.

Semisalis

1. units are usually greyed out because you don't have enough of their population type in the settlement to recruit them. When you select a city there's an icon in the bottom left that shows population levels when you mouse over it. Unfortunately it doesn't actually tell you what population type is needed if the unit is greyed out so figuring this one out can be a game. Sometimes units become greyed out with no explanation.

2. Crusades look like they are scripted and there is only one scripted to happen so far, very early in the campaign.

3. I rarely pay attention to the missions.

4. There are no ships in the campaign yet and you cannot raise fleets.

5. I don't know what causes this but it happens in every 1212 campaign. It even happens in modless Attila from time to time, I don't know if it's a bug or what.

6. Control can be a chore to maintain, definitely a common problem with the mod for many. Convert cities to your religion. Get priests and champions, use them to convert other factions' agents, and put priests in every city that has public order problems until they are stable. Build them for Authority if they are able to reach 6 authority for the +20% critical success chance, some may not be able to due to random vices and traits. There is no limit to the number of agents you can recruit via conversion, you can have 100s if you are converting constantly and with enough of them you can solve all your public order problems. Priests built for authority can reach over 50% chance to convert low level agents each turn.