View Poll Results: Shall crazyroman be Artifex?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Artifex] crazyroman (Patron: Van Zandt)

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default [Artifex] crazyroman (Patron: Van Zandt)

Citizens of the Curia,

I would like to present to you today the Artifex application for crazyroman. I first came across his work while performing some Modding Staff duties in the forum for Lanjanes "Barbarian Empire Series". I noted that crazyroman was a significant contributor to the material, even developing a spinoff "Hellenistic Legacy".

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman
    I came into TW Center back in 2013 because of my love for R:TW, which i started playing in 2009, when i was just a child . My first experience with mods was before my registration into TW Center when i discovered various mods here in this forum . I remember a certain mod about the Gallic Wars that when i first managed to install it ( i didn't know a lot about pc stuff back then ) and actually run it i was very happy.

My actual first experience with modding the game, was in the summer of 2014, when i learned how to add officers to units and i was very happy about it because i wanted to do that for many years, but i didn't know how . I started getting more serious with modding in the winter of 2014-2015, adding various units from other mods to the base game, trying to recollor some officers and stuff, renaming factions etc. I never released anything that i have worked on until the summer of 2017, where i released a very basic mod that added officers for all units for R:TW. I released another small mod for BI in spring of 2018, with very bad recollored equites cataphractii and equites clibinarii for WRE . I released a very basic mod that used the captain (lesser general ) skin for the campaing map also captain, for R:TW . Oh, also i want to add that i have done a lot of research for the lost units of R:TW and BI . Unused skins and models, units that appeared in very early screenshots of R:TW etc.

Also i tried working with Robbe Aerts (20ninescene) in various mods and ideas he had . I first had a contact with Lanjane through his workshop, where i asked him if he could make some various skins and unit cards for me and we had a discussion for about the lost units of R:TW. I wanted to do a project about these units but, thank God, it didn't came as i planned . Anyways, even though i enjoyed many of them, i was never actually happy with R:TW mods because i never found the things i was looking for.

And one time i saw a mod called Macedon Expansion. It had everything that i wanted pretty much. And i enjoyed it, but still there was something missing . In the autumn of 2018 i saw a thread posted from Lanjane here, about a mod called Barbarian Empires and he was asking for help with the translation. I've saw again his mod in the ITW forum, a russian forum. His mod has started as a simple submod for Macedon Expansion, so i knew i had to contact Lanjane. I sended him a PM and he told me he had finished the translation and he invited me in the RTR Project Slack forum where i came to contact with other people and their mods, Ahowl11 Vanilla Enhancement, Suppanut's XC 5 and other things.

I helped mostly with Lanjane's Barbarian Empires but i helped also in other mods with various things. In Barbarian Empires i added voices for the units that didn't had a voice through editing a certain file . I did a lot of beta-testing with Barbarian Empires with lots of campaigns and reporting bugs and other things to Lanjane. I inspired him many times for various things for the mod.

After some months (February 2019), i started having an nice obsesion with the Greco-Baktrian Kingdom. Naturally i wanted to add it in my favorite mod, Barbarian Empires but it wasn't an easy thing. I had never done such thing again in my modding life. After many hours and with the help of Suppanut we achieved adding Baktria. Then Bosporus and Epirus came into the game. I did the main coding and had most of the ideas. Lanjane did all of the skinning and modelling, some coding and had some ideas. Suppanut helped a lot with bug fixing and mapping. Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy was a very ambitious project, that without these 2 people, it wouldn't had existed, so i thank them.

Right now im taking a small break playing with my mod, but i have 2 projects on my mind. The first one is a third addon for Barbarian Empires with 2 new factions, Kingdom of Saba and the Kingdom of Nabatea and many other small things. Of course im working on it with my friend Lanjane. The other one is a BI Vanilla mod, with new, more nice units from an old russian mod called Pax Barbarica and many other fixes.

I want to thank everyone. Lanjane for his understanding me, his patience and awesome modding skills, Suppanut for his help and his patience, Ahowl11, Robbe and many other people i've contacted with in Discord and Slack, TW Center people for helping me with their guides on modding and other stuff, Total War Org for more guides and pretty much everyone . Hope im not forgetting anyone or something .
    crazyroman is also well regarded by his peers, who have agreed to provide him with some references.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane
    Marios is one of the greatest lovers of RTW in our community, and his interests cover not only games and modding, he also is a big fan of military history of Ancient and Medieval times. While RTW modding world is fading almost everywhere, in our small community some mods and modders survived the extinction, but as they see how little interest people show to RTW mods in general, they slowly get disappointed and give up too, or just make some few and easy tweaks for their personal use and never release to the public. But not Marios. If not him, both me and Suppanut would barely finalize our big and clunky projects; Marios was always around, modding, helping, inspiring and keeping our community alive. He was, and is, like a new hope for us all. I know him for a few years already and we became a very good friends. To be honest, I have seen people come and go in the internet world for so many times in my life, losing interest, that I used to not get attached to any community for too long, too. But Marios and our friendship is so solid exception that he changed my life. He is a very kind, honest, humble, nice and hard-working guy. Truly he deserves an Artifex!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut
    Crazyroman is a good modder which do good service for both Barbarian Empire/Macedonian Expansion, Hellenistic Legacy, and Extended Cultures mods. Most of his works on Extended Cultures are mostly related to testing of concept and
    stability especially on battle formations. His input prove to be vital for release of Extended Cultures V last Xmas.

Suppanut, Modder of Extended Cultures

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11
    Here is my pitch as to why crazyroman should be given the artifex badge.

I have known crazyroman for a few years now, and he once was just a fan of RTW and its mods. He had a few small mods that helped make the game a bit more immersive and fun. As myself and fellow modder Lanjane got to know him, he was eager to learn more about modding and we taught him. He also learned a ton by himself, following tutorials and asking questions. About a year ago, he started making his own mod, Hellenistic Legacy which is a spin off of Lanjane's Barbarian Empires mod. He has done all of the coding work, and the mod has been popular, even getting some attention on YouTube.
    He is a prominent member on our RTW discord server, always active, and always helpful. Crazyroman is very passionate person when it comes to ancient history, modding RTW and maintaining a healthy and friendly community. He is very deserving of an artifex badge and I hope this pitch will help him achieve that feat!

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

~ahowl11
    I thank you all for your attention and of course I feel I must add the traditional picture to tug at your heart strings.

Lets us all welcome crazyroman into the ranks of Artifex!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/lanjanes-...enistic-legacy Hellenistic Legacy

https://www.moddb.com/mods/barbarian...on-vanilla-mod BI Vanilla mod

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=#post15876317 Proper Export_Descr_Buildings for KGCM
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; February 21, 2020 at 09:21 AM. Reason: add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Artifex] crazyroman (Patron: Van Zandt)

Abstain.

He's definitely accomplished some good modding work and has made some impact on his fellow modders, but I'm not sure how to contrast that with his <400 posts in 10 years and so little rep. Not that either of those two things are inherent dis-qualifiers, to be clear.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Abstain.

He's definitely accomplished some good modding work and has made some impact on his fellow modders, but I'm not sure how to contrast that with his <400 posts in 10 years and so little rep. Not that either of those two things are inherent dis-qualifiers, to be clear.
    His modding work clearly qualifies him for the badge. Like a lot of modding and beta testing, communications take place behind the scenes or in protected forums. What we should value here is the inherent quality of his contributions to the board.

The idea of posting in and of itself as an argument has an interesting history, as Im sure you know. That being said, I was proposed for the Civitate position in 2006 with a little over 600 posts. So that standard in and of itself has changed over time.

Rep has never been used as a yardstick for citizenship.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Ah yes, crazyroman. I like this guy, support.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Support
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

He's got my sword, support
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Sounds good, support

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I seem to have started a trend..

Support solid modding work.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Seems I have to cast another yes vote in the near future.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

and he has my bow! Support.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

I'm sorry that I haven't contacted you earlier, Van Zandt, before you published this thread for voting. I want to fix this by saying few words from me too. Hope you will add them to the first post because it's a shame they are not there, in the right place. It's a honour for me to tell about Marios.

Marios is one of the greatest lovers of RTW in our community, and his interests cover not only games and modding, he also is a big fan of military history of Ancient and Medieval times. While RTW modding world is fading almost everywhere, in our small community some mods and modders survived the extinction, but as they see how little interest people show to RTW mods in general, they slowly get disappointed and give up too, or just make some few and easy tweaks for their personal use and never release to the public. But not Marios. If not him, both me and Suppanut would barely finalize our big and clunky projects; Marios was always around, modding, helping, inspiring and keeping our community alive. He was, and is, like a new hope for us all. I know him for a few years already and we became a very good friends. To be honest, I have seen people come and go in the internet world for so many times in my life, losing interest, that I used to not get attached to any community for too long, too. But Marios and our friendship is so solid exception that he changed my life. He is a very kind, honest, humble, nice and hard-working guy. Truly he deserves an Artifex!
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    I'm sorry that I haven't contacted you earlier, Van Zandt, before you published this thread for voting. I want to fix this by saying few words from me too. Hope you will add them to the first post because it's a shame they are not there, in the right place. It's a honour for me to tell about Marios.

Done!

​​

The House of Baltar

Support
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Support.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Poll is up

Blog Entries

Voted

​​

The House of Baltar

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Voted.

Could see the current results already though. IIRC that should only be possible after the vote has been concluded.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Voted
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Support and voted.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Voted.

Could see the current results already though. IIRC that should only be possible after the vote has been concluded.
    You are correct as I could also see the result. AFAIK the result from a poll will only be revealed once a poll is closed.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Suppose it didn't refresh after updating poll options numbers, fixed now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast