Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD

Flinn's Avatar Jokersconi abides...
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2019 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD

First, thanks to Caillagh for keeping up with the news

Second, I'm back and, more important, the nomination checking is finally over, so within the next few days the voting polls will be posted... stay tuned!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984 & Kilo11 of the Imperial House of Hader

Is there a reason why EBII and QuintusSertorius are not (respectively) in the Med2 Mod and Med2 Modder polls? I know both were nominated, and I feel like both deserve to be in there as well. Are they not technically qualified, or is there an error?
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Blog Entries

EBII latest release is from December 3, 2018 (v2.35), hence is not eligible for the 2019 award; QuintusSertorius himself confirmed this fact
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984 & Kilo11 of the Imperial House of Hader

Fair enough. I thought the release was later, but I guess I was wrong. Anyway, I will cast my votes for the other worthy candidates then. I just wanted to be sure there wasn't a mistake before I did that.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Blog Entries

No problem dude! The reason why it takes long to check the nominations is because the Committee needs to be sure about eligibility, and sometimes it takes even more time since we ask for confirmation to the involved modders, as it happened in this case. It should comfort you however that Quintus was rewarded in the 2018 Modding Awards, so he already got what he deserved for the EBII release

Blog Entries

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE

Due to an unfortunate late communication with the Modding team, we have realized that Bulat Steel 2.1.5, which has been included in the Medieval 2 Favorite mod/overhaul poll, it's not eligible for the 2019 awards, since it has been released, as a matter of fact, on the 1st of January 2020.

Due to technical and practical reasons it's easier and faster to edit out the invalid votes rather than having to make a new poll (and thus having to bother all those who have voted in that poll). I've already informed those who have voted for it.

We apologize for the issue, but such things might happen; one of the reasons it takes so long to check the eligibility of mods and modders is that sometimes there's a lack of precise evidence on when a mod or a tool has been actually posted and despite we check carefully, it's still possible to make mistakes when we miss the direct feedback from the author/s.

Blog Entries

Polls are planned to be closed on Monday the 18th of May; in case you haven't voted yet, please do so before that date, thanks!

Blog Entries

Polls are now closed and they have been moved to the Archives; we'll be doing a final check that everything complies with the rules and confirming the Committee Choices asap, for sure during this week results will be made public!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12