Thread: Sally out

Default Sally out

Hey, does anyone know if DEI + Cultural Tensio + Alternative economy (Dardo version 2) + AoH disables sally out? I was getting alot of AI sallying out playing just normal DEI no submods a few weeks ago, and now they are never doing it.

cheers

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: Sally out

No, none of these mods changes anything related to sallying out. Not sure if Dresden maybe changed the probability of AI sallying out in the latest update, but I don't think so. It must be just a random occurance then unless you are using some other mod that affects it.

Alternative Economy might affect it somewhat due to the attrition changes, but I'm not sure on that.

The AI sallying out of un walled cities really irritates me. Just stay put, give yourself a chance.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Thanks Seleukos et al. Yeah no idea what was/is causing it. I finally got a sally out on a minor settlement, but it was some 60+ turns in, I changed nothing in my mod lineup. And only have submods for DEI specifically. I even checked through each mod, and only the main part 1 mod has a DB entry for it, and it looks fine (sally out chance 70%). So no idea what could be lowering the odds.

In other matters, if I wanted to change the population category of a unit, where might I look in PFM?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

You have to look into DeI pack 1, script/_lib/manpower/units.lua

It look like this;

Code:
    ["inv_iol_nuragic_ambushers"] = { 3, 175, 175 },
    ["inv_iol_nuragic_shield_wall"] = { 2, 200, 200 },
    ["inv_iol_nuragic_runners"] = { 3, 300, 300 },
    So first you need to localise your unit's code name, then the first value, from what I remember, is the unit population class, the second it how much pop it costs and the third how much pop it returns to the pool once disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    You have to look into DeI pack 1, script/_lib/manpower/units.lua

It look like this;

Code:
    ["inv_iol_nuragic_ambushers"] = { 3, 175, 175 },
    ["inv_iol_nuragic_shield_wall"] = { 2, 200, 200 },
    ["inv_iol_nuragic_runners"] = { 3, 300, 300 },
    So first you need to localise your unit's code name, then the first value, from what I remember, is the unit population class, the second it how much pop it costs and the third how much pop it returns to the pool once disbanded.
    I like you.