Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 90

Thread: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

  1. #1

    Default Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...security-bills

    So among other things Republicans are now fighting for having voting machines connected to the internet. Obviously so they can be hacked by Russia. The only question left is after they steal the election will they maintain the fiction that the United States is an independent country, or just turn over all power to Putin?

    With such blatant cheating, can any Republican win from here on out ever be considered legitimate?

  2. #2
    swabian's Avatar Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,509

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    - The Russians probably tried something, but it is not worth mentioning. It certainly did not sway the US population to vote as they did.

    - The orange will dry out and go, and everyone who wants to follow her lead will fail hard. It is a singular outcome of voting behavior. No concentration camps were built, it will go away. Let's see what comes next, shall we?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    This is peanuts because while it certainly gives an edge to Republicans in a number of ways, the reality is that Republicans barely won 2016. It came down to a handful of votes. Focus on winning, and once we won we can start fixing everything, perhaps starting with elections. The damage that has been done is immeasurable, it'll take a decade if not more to fix all of this.

    If Democrats win, I will not be surprised to see Republicans demanding recounts due to lax security that they themselves insisted on.

  4. #4
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    13,301

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    If Democrats win, I will not be surprised to see Republicans demanding recounts due to lax security that they themselves insisted on.
    That and suddenly caring about debt/deficits again...
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    So I was right and Dems will blame the Russian boogeyman once Trump is re-elected.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    If America wins, after the Trump crime syndicate is in prison our first priority should be to strike back at Russia. At the very least we should seize every property and freeze every last cent Putin and his cronies have stashed in the west.

  7. #7
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    15,637

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    If America wins, after the Trump crime syndicate is in prison our first priority should be to strike back at Russia. At the very least we should seize every property and freeze every last cent Putin and his cronies have stashed in the west.
    Would be easier just to keep sanctioning them. No need for any escalation.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    We already did that in 2013 anyway. The answer is to make elections more secure, pissing contests with Russia will only further antagonize it. If you really want to retaliate, then get US troops in Ukraine and change the rules to let Ukraine into NATO.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    If America wins, after the Trump crime syndicate is in prison our first priority should be to strike back at Russia. At the very least we should seize every property and freeze every last cent Putin and his cronies have stashed in the west.

    I don't even know what is more hilarious, the assumption that Dems would win, implying that Dems represent all of America, or the whole nutty theory about Russian interference, which still yeielded zero factual evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    We already did that in 2013 anyway. The answer is to make elections more secure, pissing contests with Russia will only further antagonize it. If you really want to retaliate, then get US troops in Ukraine and change the rules to let Ukraine into NATO.
    Do you want Iran to have Russian nukes? Because this is how you get Iran to have Russian nukes.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Russia has no interest in nuclear proliferation either.

  11. #11
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    13,301

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    implying that Dems represent all of America
    But for the electoral college and state level gerrymandering thay do in fact have the majority.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    But for the electoral college
    Which is an absolute necessity, unless you want to split US into multiple countries based on partisan choices of each state.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    If America wins, after the Trump crime syndicate is in prison our first priority should be to strike back at Russia. At the very least we should seize every property and freeze every last cent Putin and his cronies have stashed in the west.
    The projection is strong with this one.

    The only people I've seen getting stupid rich while in office are democrats. I'm sure there are some RINOs who have too, but really? This lie about Trump is getting old, and its a lie, you know it, I know it, and luckily enough of the public knows it.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

    My shameful truth.

  14. #14
    irontaino's Avatar Sad ora oras
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,879

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    The projection is strong with this one.

    The only people I've seen getting stupid rich while in office are democrats. I'm sure there are some RINOs who have too, but really? This lie about Trump is getting old, and its a lie, you know it, I know it, and luckily enough of the public knows it.
    He says as Trump pockets millions of dollars of taxpayer money golfing at his resorts and charging the secret service top dollar.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude


  15. #15
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    13,301

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Which is an absolute necessity, unless you want to split US into multiple countries based on partisan choices of each state.
    Wait we have to have minority rule as a result? Not sure what your point is. Or is it we have minority rule based on the partisan choice of tiny states full of un educated people and that is good?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    If you really want to retaliate, then get US troops in Ukraine and change the rules to let Ukraine into NATO.
    At the very least. We should;
    -Remove Russia from the G-20.
    -Kick Russia out of the SWIFT system, denying Russian banks access to international monetary transfers.
    -Designate Russia a state sponsor of terrorism, just like North Korea, which also used a nerve agent for an assassination abroad.
    -Arm the Ukrainians so that they can shove the Russians off their territory.
    -Immediately offer official recognition along with financial and military aid to Chechnya and any others that wish to break away from Russia to form their own state.
    -Induct Ukraine, Chechnya, and as many other former Russian satellites as possible into NATO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post

    I don't even know what is more hilarious, the assumption that Dems would win, implying that Dems represent all of America, or the whole nutty theory about Russian interference, which still yeielded zero factual evidence.
    Your talking down to others does not actually make your arguments any more persuasive.

    Do you want Iran to have Russian nukes? Because this is how you get Iran to have Russian nukes.
    A nuclear Iran is already inevitable thanks to Trump tearing up the treaty because of his pathological envy of Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    The projection is strong with this one.

    The only people I've seen getting stupid rich while in office are democrats. I'm sure there are some RINOs who have too, but really? This lie about Trump is getting old, and its a lie, you know it, I know it, and luckily enough of the public knows it.
    Democrats actually release their financial information and every cent they earn is accounted for. If you have any evidence that any Democrat did anything wrong financially you should take it to Barr. You'd be a hero. Hannity would have you on his show. You'd even get to meet Trump. So either go show them that evidence you found that every other Republican somehow overlooked, or admit you have nothing.

    The facts are that Trump is a lying thief. He stiffed his contractors, cheated his employees, ran a fake university, and stole from his charity. These are widely documented and unassailable facts. If you don't care that he is a lying thief that's your business, but the facts still remain even if you won't face them.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Wait we have to have minority rule as a result? Not sure what your point is. Or is it we have minority rule based on the partisan choice of tiny states full of un educated people and that is good?
    Population of those states has proven to be more politically mature and educated then that of coastal urbanites. At least the former votes in its own interests.
    In any case, electoral college is a necessity, unless you don't want US to be intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Your talking down to others does not actually make your arguments any more persuasive.
    What you said wasn't an argument.
    A nuclear Iran is already inevitable thanks to Trump tearing up the treaty because of his pathological envy of Obama.
    It was inevitable, but not because Trump decided to suspend the whole giving cash to Iran thing. That also had something to do with Obama's violent and predatory policies in Middle East.


    Democrats actually release their financial information and every cent they earn is accounted for.
    So Bloomberg is hiding information about his campaign funding, so much for releasing information on every cent.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Your source does not support your assertion.

  19. #19
    irontaino's Avatar Sad ora oras
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,879

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Your source does not support your assertion.
    Really now? How so?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude


  20. #20

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Population of those states has proven to be more politically mature and educated then that of coastal urbanites. At least the former votes in its own interests.
    They are a tribe of petty dictators mad to hold on to power in the face of change. Each one sees himself as a big man in a small world, and now a whole new world looms before them and that scares them. It means losing their whole idea of who they are. Instead of kings, they'll just be ordinary people.

    If we'd always done what those people wanted, your wife wouldn't be able to vote, your car could still blow up if tapped from behind, you could still die penniless and sick under a bridge, your kids would have never left the mines or mills and gone to school, your local river would still be flammable, and you could still buy that one black guy you know.

    It was inevitable, but not because Trump decided to suspend the whole giving cash to Iran thing. That also had something to do with Obama's violent and predatory policies in Middle East.
    It was their money. Repeating a lie won't magically make it true.

    So Bloomberg is hiding information about his campaign funding, so much for releasing information on every cent.
    Bloomberg is self-funded. He's everything Trump wishes he was, a real self-made man and not a spoiled trust fund baby.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •