Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 90

Thread: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

  1. #21
    Cope's Avatar Have you no decency?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,338

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    They are a tribe of petty dictators mad to hold on to power in the face of change. Each one sees himself as a big man in a small world, and now a whole new world looms before them and that scares them. It means losing their whole idea of who they are. Instead of kings, they'll just be ordinary people.
    As much as I enjoy your fictitious anthropology and psychology lessons, I'm quite sure that most conservatives have no such illusions of grandeur.

    If we'd always done what those people wanted, your wife wouldn't be able to vote, your car could still blow up if tapped from behind, you could still die penniless and sick under a bridge, your kids would have never left the mines or mills and gone to school, your local river would still be flammable, and you could still buy that one black guy you know.
    Setting aside the fact that many of the early social reformers were conservatives and/or Christians, if we'd always done what radical "progressives" wanted, we'd have ended up living in a perpetual state of Leninist revolution where lopping off the heads of political incumbents was a never-ending pursuit. That's why you'd be the staunchest conservative in your own fantasy society.

    It was their money. Repeating a lie won't magically make it true.
    And now it's probably Hamas', Hezbollah's or Assad's weaponry. Thanks Obama.

    Bloomberg is self-funded. He's everything Trump wishes he was, a real self-made man and not a spoiled trust fund baby.
    Bloomberg is also a conservative. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I suppose.

  2. #22
    irontaino's Avatar Sad ora oras
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Bloomberg is self-funded. He's everything Trump wishes he was, a real self-made man and not a spoiled trust fund baby.
    I can't get behind Bloomberg. He's not running to stop Trump, he's running to defend him and Ralph Nader this election. They've been friends a long time, he's just as racist, classist and elitist as Trump. This is just a case of billionaire buddies looking out for each other.
    Last edited by irontaino; February 19, 2020 at 10:24 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude


  3. #23

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    They are a tribe of petty dictators mad to hold on to power in the face of change. Each one sees himself as a big man in a small world, and now a whole new world looms before them and that scares them. It means losing their whole idea of who they are. Instead of kings, they'll just be ordinary people.

    If we'd always done what those people wanted, your wife wouldn't be able to vote, your car could still blow up if tapped from behind, you could still die penniless and sick under a bridge, your kids would have never left the mines or mills and gone to school, your local river would still be flammable, and you could still buy that one black guy you know.
    That's a rather irrelevant rant, both to the topic of this thread and to reality.
    It was their money. Repeating a lie won't magically make it true.
    Again, irrelevant. Iran's desire to have nukes has nothing to do with Trump, as behavior of US that caused it started several presidencies before Trump.
    Bloomberg is self-funded. He's everything Trump wishes he was, a real self-made man and not a spoiled trust fund baby.
    Nah, it is other way around - Trump is everything Bloomberg wished he was. Ironically Bloomberg is what Democrats think Trump is - as in the whole racism thing is quite obvious with ole Bloomie and his thoughts on non-white people, while Trump's "racism" does not exist.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Really now? How so?
    The article does not say Trump pockets millions of taxpayer dollars from golfing.
    Last edited by Infidel144; February 19, 2020 at 10:41 PM.

  5. #25
    Cope's Avatar Have you no decency?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,338

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    The article does not say Trump pockets millions of taxpayer dollars from golfing.
    Haven't you heard? The cost of the president's protection and transport during leisure/downtime periods now counts as money which he's "pocketed".

  6. #26
    irontaino's Avatar Sad ora oras
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    The article does not say Trump pockets millions of taxpayer dollars from golfing.
    I kinda figured this would be your game; that because it doesn't say verbatim he pocketed the money. Not even counting the cost of Air Force 1 or Protection, the cost to stay at Bedminster for example has racked up $17,437,192. Don't be so obtuse, where do you think the $400-$650 a night at Mar A Lago or the $17,000 a month to stay at Bedminster that the Secret Service is charged (even when he's not present) goes?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude


  7. #27
    Cope's Avatar Have you no decency?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,338

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    I kinda figured this would be your game; that because it doesn't say verbatim he pocketed the money. Not even counting the cost of Air Force 1 or Protection, the cost to stay at Bedminster for example has racked up $17,437,192. Don't be so obtuse, where do you think the $400-$650 a night at Mar A Lago or the $17,000 a month to stay at Bedminster that the Secret Service is charged (even when he's not present) goes?
    The obvious retort is that the president is not obliged to pay for his own protection (including for bed and board for his guards) just because he's staying at his own property. Equally, the Trump Organization is entitled to take into consideration the losses it incurs as a result of its rooms/properties being unavailable for private rent. When you knock off the transport and salary costs (which the president neither pays for nor profits from) you're left with the claim that the Trump Organization took ~$475,000 (gross) from the gov't to cover the president's security between 2017-18. And once you factor in that Trump has refused to take his presidential salary of $400,000, it becomes highly unlikely that he's "pocketed" anything.
    Last edited by Cope; February 20, 2020 at 12:52 AM.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    As much as I enjoy your fictitious anthropology and psychology lessons, I'm quite sure that most conservatives have no such illusions of grandeur.
    Oh indeed they do. The whole of modern American Conservatism, besides preserving hierarchies, is instilling an exaggerated sense of superiority to, alongside a deep fear of "the other" to control the average conservative voter. That has been the whole point since the southern strategy and has lead to a voting block convinced they are the chosen few who deserve the world at their feet and would have it if it weren't for those no-good blacks/Jews/women/gays/Hispanics/Muslims/liberals/whoever the enemy is today-who is always out to get them.

    Setting aside the fact that many of the early social reformers were conservatives and/or Christians,
    Yesterday's conservatives are today's liberals. The idea that children starving in the streets was in fact a bad thing or that the poor were just as human as the rich were both revolutionary ideas at the time.

    if we'd always done what radical "progressives" wanted, we'd have ended up living in a perpetual state of Leninist revolution where lopping off the heads of political incumbents was a never-ending pursuit. That's why you'd be the staunchest conservative in your own fantasy society.
    Nonsense. We have in fact often done what progressives wanted. We ended slavery, gave women the vote, gave civil rights to minorities, passed laws calling for clean air and water along with protecting consumers and employees from corporate fraud and abuse, and all as conservatives fought us and proclaimed we were upsetting the natural order. Not once has the societal collapse or other doom your side desperately wished for come to pass.

    And now it's probably Hamas', Hezbollah's or Assad's weaponry. Thanks Obama.
    You might want to look up Sunni and Shia and how likely Iran would be to aid Hamas. And Assad? Isn't he Putin's guy your side is supposed to adore for his brutality? Once again, the truth is Obama had for all intents and purposes built a roadmap to normalized relations with Iran and Trump tore it up out of envy and spite.
    Bloomberg is also a conservative. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I suppose.
    Fiscal maybe. But I doubt he's about to stand in the doorway of a high school to prevent students with "inferior" colored skin from entering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    That's a rather irrelevant rant, both to the topic of this thread and to reality.
    Blaming the mirror won't make what you see in it any prettier.

    Again, irrelevant. Iran's desire to have nukes has nothing to do with Trump, as behavior of US that caused it started several presidencies before Trump.
    And Obama had given them a face-saving way out. But can't let the black guy have a win now can we?

    Nah, it is other way around - Trump is everything Bloomberg wished he was.
    So Bloomberg wishes he was $60 billion poorer, facing numerous lawsuits, and despised the world over? Well if you say so.

    Ironically Bloomberg is what Democrats think Trump is - as in the whole racism thing is quite obvious with ole Bloomie and his thoughts on non-white people, while Trump's "racism" does not exist.
    *cough* refusing to rent to blacks *cough* And until Bloomberg builds prison camps to hold children for having the wrong skin color his "racism" doesn't hold a candle to Trump's.

  9. #29
    Cope's Avatar Have you no decency?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,338

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Oh indeed they do. The whole of modern American Conservatism, besides preserving hierarchies, is instilling an exaggerated sense of superiority to, alongside a deep fear of "the other" to control the average conservative voter. That has been the whole point since the southern strategy and has lead to a voting block convinced they are the chosen few who deserve the world at their feet and would have it if it weren't for those no-good blacks/Jews/women/gays/Hispanics/Muslims/liberals/whoever the enemy is today-who is always out to get them.
    These caricatures of "modern American conservatism" and Republican voters are themselves clear examples of motive attribution asymmetry, actor-observer asymmetry and group/partisan bias (that's some proper psychological research for you to look at). Your persistent diatribes about conservatives are largely consistent with what Iyengard and Westwood found in their study on group polarization:

    Quote Originally Posted by I&W study
    Compared with the most salient social divide in American society—race—partisanship elicits more extreme evaluations and behavioral responses to ingroups and outgroups. This remarkable patterns applies to both explicit and implicit measures of group affect and holds even when the tests of ingroup favoritism are unobtrusive and completely nonpolitical, and partisans are incentivized to treat copartisans no differently from opposing partisans.
    Yesterday's conservatives are today's liberals. The idea that children starving in the streets was in fact a bad thing or that the poor were just as human as the rich were both revolutionary ideas at the time.
    I'm quite sure (almost certain, in fact) that 19th century conservative and/or Christian reformers would be outraged by contemporary liberalism (and probably Republicanism too).

    Nonsense. We have in fact often done what progressives wanted. We ended slavery, gave women the vote, gave civil rights to minorities, passed laws calling for clean air and water along with protecting consumers and employees from corporate fraud and abuse, and all as conservatives fought us and proclaimed we were upsetting the natural order.
    America has also often not done what progressives wanted. Building a stable and prosperous society is contingent on striking a balance between conservation and progress not drawing absolutist conclusions about those on the other side of the aisle. You seem to forget that eugenics and race realist theories were once progressive ideas supported by liberals like Woodrow Wilson just like Marxism/Trotskyism was once (and often still is) lauded among those on the left.

    Not once has the societal collapse or other doom your side desperately wished for come to pass.
    This is yet another clear instance of an extreme evaluation derived from partisan bias. No further comment is required.

    You might want to look up Sunni and Shia and how likely Iran would be to aid Hamas.
    You might want to look up Iran's open patronage of Hamas. Tehran couldn't care less about Islamic sectarianism if ignoring it means they can assist in murdering Israeli Jews or undermining US foreign policy.

    And Assad? Isn't he Putin's guy your side is supposed to adore for his brutality?
    I see we're back to the asymmetrical motive attributions again. Not wanting the US to wage a regime change war in Syria which risked a conflict with Russia has, as most progressives agree, nothing to do with "adoring Assad's brutality" or supporting Iran's interference in the Levant. As you'll recall, it was the liberal (not conservative) press which was screaming for an intervention in Syria 2017/18 - hence why the only periods in which Trump received moderate favorability in the press coincided with his strikes against the Assad regime.

    Once again, the truth is Obama had for all intents and purposes built a roadmap to normalized relations with Iran and Trump tore it up out of envy and spite.
    No. The truth is that Obama accepted Iran's extortion (no wonder it was agreed to by Russia and China) as a way of kicking the can down the road and securing a rhetorical victory. The JCPoA did nothing to deter Tehran's ambitions or opposition to US objectives in the Mid East, it simply appeased the regime temporarily. If Iran wants to "normalize its relations" it should desist from its anti-Semitic policies (both foreign and domestic) and stop trying to blackmail the international community with the threat of nuclearization.

    Fiscal maybe. But I doubt he's about to stand in the doorway of a high school to prevent students with "inferior" colored skin from entering.
    This is yet another clear instance of an extreme evaluation derived from partisan bias. No further comment is required.
    Last edited by Cope; February 21, 2020 at 01:20 AM.

  10. #30
    irontaino's Avatar Sad ora oras
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    The obvious retort is that the president is not obliged to pay for his own protection (including for bed and board for his guards) just because he's staying at his own property. Equally, the Trump Organization is entitled to take into consideration the losses it incurs as a result of its rooms/properties being unavailable for private rent. When you knock off the transport and salary costs (which the president neither pays for nor profits from) you're left with the claim that the Trump Organization took ~$475,000 (gross) from the gov't to cover the president's security between 2017-18. And once you factor in that Trump has refused to take his presidential salary of $400,000, it becomes highly unlikely that he's "pocketed" anything.
    Sure, the money being funneled into his businesses (that he hasn't divested from) isn't going directly to him . This is the guy who as pocketing and/or abusing funds from his various charities.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude


  11. #31
    Cope's Avatar Have you no decency?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,338

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Sure, the money being funneled into his businesses (that he hasn't divested from) isn't going directly to him . This is the guy who as pocketing and/or abusing funds from his various charities.
    I've just explained why its unlikely that he's actually profiting from charging the gov't. for the housing of his protection staff - esp. when you take into consideration that he's forgoing the presidential salary. The fact that some of the money is being filtered though the Trump Organization doesn't mean he's actually enriching himself (though I could be wrong since not all the information is accessible).

  12. #32

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Blaming the mirror won't make what you see in it any prettier.
    Also a random remark that doesn't really address the valid point about politically immature and easily-impressionable and weak-willed coastal urbanites, that constitute most of liberal/left electorate.
    And Obama had given them a face-saving way out. But can't let the black guy have a win now can we?
    No he didn't. He continued backing violent terrorist groups in Syria and violent terrorist theocracies such as Saudi Arabia, posing a credible threat to Iran.
    So Bloomberg wishes he was $60 billion poorer, facing numerous lawsuits, and despised the world over? Well if you say so.
    Trump is the most transparent president in recent US history and enjoys higher approval rating then Obama did in 2012.
    Ole Bloomie is just jelly, and probably salty after he paid $400mil just to attend his own roast in Nevada.
    *cough* refusing to rent to blacks *cough* And until Bloomberg builds prison camps to hold children for having the wrong skin color his "racism" doesn't hold a candle to Trump's.
    Since in reality Trump did neither of those things, we can safely conclude that my point about Bloomberg being what Dems think Trump is, is 100% correct.
    I mean Bloomberg, like Hillary, wants to pay people to praise him on social media. What a pathetic old bitter loser.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; February 20, 2020 at 07:32 PM.

  13. #33
    irontaino's Avatar Sad ora oras
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    I've just explained why its unlikely that he's actually profiting from charging the gov't.
    Given your numbers, he'd still be making more than presidential salary, basically rendering his refusal to take presidential salary moot.

    for the housing of his protection staff - esp. when you take into consideration that he's forgoing the presidential salary.
    Supposedly, he's donating his salary to charity, but given his history of pocketing or abusing donations, I can only guess that not a lot of that money is going towards it's intended purpose

    The fact that some of the money is being filtered though the Trump Organization doesn't mean he's actually enriching himself (though I could be wrong since not all the information is accessible).
    That he's profiteering off of the presidency is not really controversial.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Also a random remark that doesn't really address the valid point about politically immature and easily-impressionable and weak-willed coastal urbanites, that constitute most of liberal/left electorate.
    Empty statement is empty

    No he didn't. He continued backing violent terrorist groups in Syria and violent terrorist theocracies such as Saudi Arabia, posing a credible threat to Iran.
    You mean like Donnie is currently doing?

    Trump is the most transparent president in recent US history
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    The most transparent president in recent U.S. history who refuses to release his tax returns and who threatens his alma mater not to publish his grades. He's so transparent that during his impeachment, he was such a coward, that he blocked any witnesses who could potentially exonerate him (totally the actions of an innocent man), unlike say...Bill Clinton. Also, say what you will about Hillary, but she at least showed up to the Benghazi hearings (a real nothingburger) and didn't hide behind Twitter.

    and enjoys higher approval rating then Obama did in 2012.
    Hey, you're telling the truth about something for once. Trump sits a whopping (roughly) 2% ahead of Obama around this time in 2012. Congrats on not lying about something for once.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Since in reality Trump did neither of those things, we can safely conclude that my point about Bloomberg being what Dems think Trump is, is 100% correct.
    Aaaaaaand right back to lying. Him and his dad settled in that case BTW.
    Last edited by irontaino; February 20, 2020 at 09:38 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude


  14. #34
    Cope's Avatar Have you no decency?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,338

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Given your numbers, he'd still be making more than presidential salary, basically rendering his refusal to take presidential salary moot.
    No he wouldn't. The ~$475,000 that the Trump Org. took from the Secret Service is the gross figure. That isn't a (net) profit margin. It isn't taking into consideration the costs involved with providing housing the security agents (rental, cleaning, food etc.)

    Supposedly, he's donating his salary to charity, but given his history of pocketing or abusing donations, I can only guess that not a lot of that money is going towards it's intended purpose.
    That's a separate issue.

    All presidents "profiteer" from the presidency in the sense that it is a powerful marketing tool (though all the negative press Trump has received might have actually damaged, not improved, his brand). Still, I agree with you that there's a clear question about a conflict of interest with regard to the Trump Organization potentially taking unspoken bribes from special interest groups and foreign nationals.

    The difficulty is that Washington has developed a history of shrugging its shoulders at emolument concerns because there's a river of lobbyist money running through Congress as it is. That's why the Clinton Foundation got off scot free, why the House tried to impeach Trump for daring to try and investigate Joe Biden's conflicts in Ukraine and why unrestricted campaign financing (ahem Bloomberg) remains largely unaddressed.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Empty statement is empty
    It is not empty. If coastal urbanites were not politically immature, easily-impressionable and weak-willed they wouldn't vote for policies that benefit only elites at their own expense.
    You mean like Donnie is currently doing?
    He actually banned CIA from helping Barrie's terrorist buddies.
    The most transparent president in recent U.S. history who refuses to release his tax returns and who threatens his alma mater not to publish his grades. He's so transparent that during his impeachment, he was such a coward, that he blocked any witnesses who could potentially exonerate him (totally the actions of an innocent man), unlike say...Bill Clinton. Also, say what you will about Hillary, but she at least showed up to the Benghazi hearings (a real nothingburger) and didn't hide behind Twitter.
    LOL he was investigated so much and not a single shred of incriminating evidence was found. Unlike certain Hillary "they didn't recommend charges even though she broke the law" Clinton.
    Also I do find it quite amusing that a woke leftist is defending a de-facto neocon Clinton.
    Hey, you're telling the truth about something for once. Trump sits a whopping (roughly) 2% ahead of Obama around this time in 2012. Congrats on not lying about something for once.
    Hey, you acknowledged reality for once. We finally reached progress with you.
    Aaaaaaand right back to lying. Him and his dad settled in that case BTW.
    Aaand you are back to denying reality. Did you even read the document, link to which you posted? Read it.
    You ironically just proved the fact that the only party fielding openly racist candidates are Democrats.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; February 21, 2020 at 04:05 PM.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    No he wouldn't. The ~$475,000 that the Trump Org. took from the Secret Service is the gross figure. That isn't a (net) profit margin. It isn't taking into consideration the costs involved with providing housing the security agents (rental, cleaning, food etc.)
    And until he publishes the receipts he's profiteering as far as any reasonable citizen is concerned. There is no reason to exclusively use Trump properties, Presidents have managed to find other venues in the past.

    That's a separate issue.
    No it isn't. This all falls under the same umbrella.

    All presidents "profiteer" from the presidency in the sense that it is a powerful marketing tool (though all the negative press Trump has received might have actually damaged, not improved, his brand). Still, I agree with you that there's a clear question about a conflict of interest with regard to the Trump Organization potentially taking unspoken bribes from special interest groups and foreign nationals.

    The difficulty is that Washington has developed a history of shrugging its shoulders at emolument concerns because there's a river of lobbyist money running through Congress as it is. That's why the Clinton Foundation got off scot free, why the House tried to impeach Trump for daring to try and investigate Joe Biden's conflicts in Ukraine and why unrestricted campaign financing (ahem Bloomberg) remains largely unaddressed.
    This is an absurd equivalence. The free publicity offered by the Presidency is an unavoidable side effect. Nobody has an issue with Presidents selling books or memoirs because no President has behaved with blatant disregard for ethics in the same way that Trump has. The rest of your post is nonsense. The House didn't try to impeach Trump for "daring" to investigate into Biden. They weren't scared of losing the pipeline of lobbying money. They impeached him because it was an obvious abuse of power and an attempted political hit job against Joe Biden.

  17. #37
    Cope's Avatar Have you no decency?
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,338

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    And until he publishes the receipts he's profiteering as far as any reasonable citizen is concerned.
    Over the past 3 or 4 posts I've explained why that probably isn't the case.

    There is no reason to exclusively use Trump properties, Presidents have managed to find other venues in the past.
    You can make the case that Trump using his own properties is a waste of tax payer money, but that's not the same as corruption.

    No it isn't. This all falls under the same umbrella.
    No it doesn't. You're comparing a settled civil case, the events of which took place prior to Trump's presidency, with emolument accusations.

    This is an absurd equivalence. The free publicity offered by the Presidency is an unavoidable side effect. Nobody has an issue with Presidents selling books or memoirs because
    One of the accusations made against Trump is that he's using the presidency to indirectly advertise his real estate portfolio.

    no President has behaved with blatant disregard for ethics in the same way that Trump has.
    I'd say that Bush's WMD lies and Obama's enabling of the NSA's surveillance state surpass anything Trump is alleged to have done. And that's before we go back to Clinton, Nixon or LBJ.

    The rest of your post is nonsense. The House didn't try to impeach Trump for "daring" to investigate into Biden.
    That is in fact what they did.

    They weren't scared of losing the pipeline of lobbying money.
    It's impossible to complain about the Trump Organization supposedly profiteering from special interests when the whole of Washington is at it. There is no difference in principle from Senators or House Reps. taking big cheques from corporate donors and Saudi princes spending large amounts of money in Trump's hotels.

    They impeached him because it was an obvious abuse of power and an attempted political hit job against Joe Biden.
    Yes, yes.

  18. #38
    irontaino's Avatar Sad ora oras
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    It is not empty. If coastal urbanites were not politically immature, easily-impressionable and weak-willed they wouldn't vote for policies that benefit only elites at their own expense.
    Empty statement is empty.

    He actually banned CIA from helping Barrie's terrorist buddies.
    Must be why Trump goes out of his way to get down on his knees and pleasure the Saudis.

    LOL he was investigated so much and not a single shred of incriminating evidence was found.
    Aaand you are back to denying reality.
    If you're going to lie, at least try. This is lazy, even for you. You're acting as if the defense and most of the jury weren't openly colluding the entire time.

    Unlike certain Hillary "they didn't recommend charges even though she broke the law" Clinton.
    "Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office."

    Also I do find it quite amusing that a woke leftist is defending a de-facto neocon Clinton.
    Not really, just pointing out how she wasn't too much of a coward to defend herself, unlike a certain orange buffoon.

    Hey, you acknowledged reality for once. We finally reached progress with you.
    Now if only we could make such progress with you.

    Did you even read the document, link to which you posted? Read it.
    You ironically just proved the fact that the only party fielding openly racist candidates are Democrats.
    You apparently didn't. Just like those other sources in a previous debate we had, and when pressed you ran away. This gonna be another one of those situations?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude


  19. #39

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Empty statement is empty.
    It is not empty. If coastal urbanites were not politically immature, easily-impressionable and weak-willed they wouldn't vote for policies that benefit only elites at their own expense.
    See, two can play that game.
    So did every US president since 40s. Doesn't change the fact that Trump banned CIA from providing assistance to Obama's terrorist passion project in Syria.
    If you're going to lie, at least try. This is lazy, even for you. You're acting as if the defense and most of the jury weren't openly colluding the entire time.
    You should probably read the links before you post them. That will help you avoid hilariously failing like this time.
    Has nothing to do with the post you quoted.
    Not really, just pointing out how she wasn't too much of a coward to defend herself, unlike a certain orange buffoon.
    Another empty statement from you. But it is quite amusing that you defend a politician that on ideas you promote here only because of TDS.
    You apparently didn't. Just like those other sources in a previous debate we had, and when pressed you ran away. This gonna be another one of those situations?
    I didn't run away, since you haven't made any arguments to run away from. So now you are just projecting your usual tactic of rage-quitting a debate when your talking points are debunked.
    You should still read the document you posted, btw.

  20. #40
    irontaino's Avatar Sad ora oras
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Republicans block three election security bills because they would prevent them from cheating

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    It is not empty. If coastal urbanites were not politically immature, easily-impressionable and weak-willed they wouldn't vote for policies that benefit only elites at their own expense.
    See, two can play that game.
    Repeating empty statement doesn't make it less of an empty statement.

    So did every US president since 40s. Doesn't change the fact that Trump banned CIA from providing assistance to Obama's terrorist passion project in Syria.
    The clandestine support has ended, now it's just in the open. The U.S. is still arming, training and supporting the rebels with airstrikes, sooooooooooo...

    You should probably read the links before you post them. That will help you avoid hilariously failing like this time.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Has nothing to do with the post you quoted.
    I figured I'd see your random quote with another random quote.
    Another empty statement from you. But it is quite amusing that you defend a politician that on ideas you promote here only because of TDS.
    If you say so, HH, if you say so.

    I didn't run away, since you haven't made any arguments to run away from. So now you are just projecting your usual tactic of rage-quitting a debate when your talking points are debunked.
    You should still read the document you posted, btw.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •