Thread: Sole Cities Revert Back To Me

Default Sole Cities Revert Back To Me

I (playing as Rome) have sold a few cities to other factions. Some of them have rebelled. When they do so, they do not become Rebel cities. Instead, they revert back to my possession! Why is that? Is there a way to stop it?

Tiro

Default Re: Sole Cities Revert Back To Me

I always thought the settlements would revert to the faction creator, which is NOT visible in game. I have a mod where the Gauls conquered a settlement which had the faction creator as the Germans but was rebel held. When it revolted it suddenly belonged to me, and I was at war with the Gauls. However, in an earlier version of this mod Egypt conquered a Scythian village and upgraded it to a huge Egyptian City. I conquered it in a raid, wrecked all the wreck-able buildings, exterminated the population, and left them with a burned down Pharoah's palace and all the walls and towers wrecked. The settlement revolted and went back to Egypt.

It may have something to do with the number of a faction's buildings in the settlement, I think. So the cities you sold may have had a number of roman cultural buildings. Or, it could be the central government building, which cannot be removed, only upgraded.

I hope someone else has something more useful to say.

Aha! That is an interesting theory! Next time, instead of just giving the city back, I'll raze it first!

Tiro

I would save it before razing, then raze. If there is no difference and it still reverts back to you then, I don't know.