Thread: Attila Total War Graphic Setting Exploit

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Attila Total War Graphic Setting Exploit

Hey guys, long time no see old friend here in twc , its has been long time since i post again in TWC, i still remember the old good time when i spent hours and hours modding this game , especially Attila total war.

So you know i am finally decide to post this stuff this night ,since MK 1212 AD has been released in pre alpha campaign , so i give it try , and as usual i still scrath my head , WTF i cant run this game as smooth as ever despite i already upgrade my pc rigs , damn you

And after couple testing i found something interesting and quite unusual , and i dont know you guys have found it or not

The Fact (FPS low doest mean its will get you stuttering)

What other people told you about how to get better fps on TOTAL WAR game ? wanna more FPS , just buy better graphic card ..... or lower your setting, or perhaps try to invest SLI or whatever ? you can google or even looking on youtube and i tell you what, none is realy worked , the game will keep stutering , especialy if you try say 40 vs 40 with ultra unit and all setting on maximum , and in pitch battle

Some people will say, nahhh , that because your RIGS is not powerfull enough ............ And then i still wonder does my rigs is still not eligible to play 40 vs 40 without stuttering and watch the battle without stuttering?

I5 4670 k
    16 GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3 gb

REALY ? is that not enough , what should you wanted ? SSD ? 1080 gtx or TITAN perhpas JUST FOR PLAY TOTAL WAR in big scale without stuttering ??? and this is just Attila total war .....

So there is 3 kind stuttering :

1. Its because your processor over heating because your cooler dont work properly
    2. Its stuttering because the game setting itself
    3. Your in game FPS crawl like insect into below 10-17 fps if i recall

FPS is dynamic stuff its can rise its can fall depending on the game situation itself, however its will not cause stuttering , unless you get realy low below 10-17 .

In Graphic Setting , you CAN maximize almost everything, and tick every box like ssao even unlimited memory , except

- Unit Detail
    - Terrain

Which i found is quite funny , those guys is the real killer in battle and cause heavy stuttering even in perfomance setting , i already test using 40 vs 40 battle with all setting max quality (minus those 2 above ) and all box tick

Do my fps get destroyed ? yet it is its drop to around 20-30-40-50 -70 , however its will not get stuttering , for strange reason, but if i try to raise the unit detail and terrain setting from max performance into performance , i will get stuttering badly

Which is fascinating, despite the fps is on the same number the difference just max performance vs other setting like performance, quality and max quality.

To be honest i already test 60 fps vs 20 fps (without stuttering) , there is almost little to no difference at all, the battle is smooth heck its almost like 60 fps performance on 20-30 fps ...

I dont test this setting in other total war title like warhammer 2 or three kingdom , but i willing to bet my money this is gonna work .

Fun Fact (Does my game look ugly ?) No it will not , i using all setting max all box tick , just get the Unit Detail and terrain setting into max performance , and you will be fine. IF i cant get stuttering on 40 vs 40 using set up like that ,and the game still beautifull why not you ?

I kind like sharing what i found, somehow i miss the time i can invest my time in modding, but because of modding then i can easily learn how to wrote amibroker code and actually i feel the same thing , hey its just number , while db you do get structure the game and try to tinker, so does stock market as well

I hope what i found may work for you guys, you dont need monster rigs just to enjoy total war on large scale ultra unit 40 vs 40 with gorgerous scene and almost zero stuttering
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Attila Total War Graphic Setting Exploit

Great Find ! Setting EXE priority to low also helps.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Thanks bro already test it , its work as well with three kingdom as well
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; July 19, 2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere SOG View Post
    Great Find ! Setting EXE priority to low also helps.
    How can I set it??

Many thanks.

While game is running you have to open task manager and right click on attila.exe, then set priority.