Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars Total War - Updated with a Campaign Open BETA on Sep 23rd, 2023!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Star Wars Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Solon de Atenas View Post
    I found this... Maybe is useful to the interface. Maybe you guys have something similar or better. I donīt know which game/mod is belonged by, but here it go...

(Attached on TGA format with alpha channel)

Thanks man, I sent this to Dagovax yesterday as soon as I saw it. By the way, he has created a Discord now for anyone to join. It's for both Total War: 1942 and Star Wars: Total War- join it if you want to join the development. You'd need to combine your work with his so you don't end up doing the same work. He is pretty good at doing everything by himself otherwise hehe.

He also recently uploaded a video with his recently released new unit- the Wookiees! They are going to be mercs in the mod.

https://discordapp.com/invite/JQHShny
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 11, 2020 at 04:12 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

I will join to that discrod soon. I wrote him on Mod DB but I didnīt get any response. Donīt worry about that, Iīm too busy with my own project but I will help when I will see the chance.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

I will join to that discrod soon. I wrote him on Mod DB but I didnīt get any response. Donīt worry about that, Iīm too busy with my own project but I will help when I will see the chance.
    Cool. Yeah, but he is very much the type of guy who does it all by himself.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Me too.

Centenarius

Hello, any news about the mod?
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Hello, any news about the mod?
    Dagovax have not been active on Facebook since starting his Discord server. And while he has been aiding the creator of another RTW mod there, i haven't seen any activity on any of the two mods we were working on.

- The Havamal

The news are that due to the corona-virus or Covid-19 Dagovax is busy working at home. So he doesn't have time to mod because of the virus. Sucks- means the Star Wars mod is on hiatus until further notice.

- The Havamal

If you really want to help with the map then I can send you the latest version of the mod that i got three days ago or so.

Dagovax Sirrianus will first finish Total War: 1942 that still needs all the custom settlements made. He is currently finishing off the generic settlements of the Italian Empire- only the city left. I believe after that he has finished the German and Italian generic settlements that are also in use by Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Vichy France and Finland. - So pretty much all the Western Axis Powers will have custom cities.

Then i believe he will start working on the Soviet Union's custom settlements.

He sent me the latest version of Star Wars: Total War so that i could send it to you in-case you'd like to finish the map. It's based on Star Wars Galaxy but only has two cities currently. The strat-model planet in use by the Coruscant-settlement could be used as a placeholder for all the settlements/planets on the map.

He will probably make unique ones later. I don't have Photoshop myself and cannot do mapping without a tool like Geomod.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- The Havamal

Ok

I will try to make a map for Stars Wars TW. Send to me the files.

I've released the WIP at the official Discord.

It's available through my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ihs...Psg8m4QFK/view

"Try the WIP of Star Wars: Total War - it only has the Empire with mostly new units, then the Rebel Alliance has like 4 units plus there is one mercenary Wookie-unit available for the "Egypt" faction currently.

There is a great custom map but it has only like two regions/settlements."

- The Havamal

Dagovax Sirrianus has made some progress the last week on Star Wars: Total War:

1. Snow Troopers or Snowtroopers:

The Snow Troopers are not skinned on the picture so they aren't holding their weapons - that's been fixed since the picture was taken.

2. Three new infantry-units for the Galactic Empire - Snow Troopers, Pilots and Storm Troopers/Stormtroopers with assault-rifle blasters.

Pilots:

So Dagovax had used the wrong texture on the old AT-AT, and it wasn't perfect in it's functioning either - he remade it and made it bigger with a proper texture:

The Rebel Alliance did use these Snowspeeders to fight the AT-AT:

Dagovax also did rig a Nebulon B spaceship for the Rebel Alliance and it's huge:

- The Havamal

Here are the latest updates as seen on the official Discord channel for this mod:

A new main menu:

New background and music (Old trilogy music instead of prequel trilogy,) and two new units for the Rebel Alliance - the Hoth Troopers and the Tauntaun Hoth Troopers.

The new Blue print of the map is as follows:

The first group of planets, all with unique strat-model planets - but these are mostly placeholders and might not be final. The plan is to have them be the correct type for each region.

- For example certain planets will be ice-planets, others will be desert, lava etc.

- When you fight a siege-battle you will be fighting on the actual planet. And when you fight in outer-space the battles will be fought on asteroids with space being the sky.

Dagovax just gave them random textures as he doesn't have a clue as to which planet is what type yet.

Dagovax did also add Hoth - the ice-planet from Empire Strikes Back so it's correct for sure.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 22, 2020 at 05:13 AM.

- The Havamal

I've released an updated 2.0 version of the Star Wars Total War-DEMO.

The new 2.0 version of the DEMO has:

1. Updated AT-AT Walkers, 2. Three new Galactic Empire-units, 3. 8 new Rebel Alliance-units, 4. Old Factions disabled, 5. New Symbols/UI/Banners, 6. Neutrals playable in custom with 3 new units, 7. Galactic Campaign has 10 planets instead of 2 - including custom strat-map models and unique battlefields for Endor and Hoth - these are also in custom, 8. Empire has new strat-generals.

So I gave Dagovax Sirrianus the idea to re-make the old Star Wars: Total War mod. I had the models from the easily mod-able game Freedom Force - and when he tried getting them into the Rome: Total War engine they worked well. Fredom Force is from 2005 (the expansion) and RTW is a game from 2004 - so the models were old enough.

Download Star Wars: Total War - Galactic Empire/Rebel Alliance DEMO 2.0 - Mod DB

Features of the new 2.0 version of the DEMO:

1. Improved the AT-AT Walkers of the Galactic Empire - they are now their proper size and have a grey color instead of black.

2. Added three new Empire units - the Storm Troopers (attack), the Tie Pilots and the Snow Troopers.

3. Implemented 8 new Rebel Alliance units - the Hoth Troopers, Twi'lek rebels, Tauntaun Hoth Troopers, Rebel Pilots, Snow Speeders, GR-75 Medium Transport, Corellian Corvette and the Nebulon-B.

4. All of the old factions and rosters disabled - they're no longer playable in the custom battle menu.

5. Remade the old symbols, User Interface and menu.

6. The Neutrals are playable in custom battle with three new Ewook-units - and the old Wookie-unit.

7. The Galactic Campaign-map now has an improved look with 10 planets instead of 2 - Hoth and Endor has their own unique strat-models on the map, and battlefields in real-time-battle - they are also added as new custom battle maps.

8. Finally the Galactic Empire now has a Star Destroyer-general, a Tie Fighter-captain, an Imperial Shuffle-diplomat and the recruitment is done for the existing units.

The demo is still intended for custom battle-only because the campaign-map has far too few settlements/planets for it to be playable - You can playtest it but it will be over in no time.

Installation:

Same as for other RTW-mods but as the mod has been ported to the Alexander-Expansion you'd need to place the SWTW-folder inside of the Alexander-folder.

Videos:

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 26, 2021 at 07:29 PM.

- The Havamal

I was not aware that someone looks at a mod star wars. In any case good luck to you. 1 Release date for 1 beta?

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    I was not aware that someone looks at a mod star wars. In any case good luck to you. 1 Release date for 1 beta?
    A new updated demo has been released over on moddb:

I've released an updated 3.0 version of the Star Wars Total War-DEMO. The new 3.0 version of the DEMO has: 1. Ewooks and Wookies added to the Rebel Alliance - they also do get a T4-B Heavy Tank Mech and the hero Luke Skywalker from RoTJ, New Gamorrean Guards added to the Galactic Empire - the First Order Commander bodyguard of Darth Vader is now its own unit, and they also get an IG-88 Assassin Droid, A new Historical Battle has been implemented by Dagovax - Duel on Death Star 2 - and more.

Installation Instructions:

Place the SWTW-folder inside of your D:\Games\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\alexander-folder using the CD - then move the Star Wars Total War.bat-file to the main Rome Total War directory and double-click it to start the mod.

With Steam place the folder SWTW inside of your I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander\alexander folder - then go to your Steam Library and right-click on the "Rome Total War - Alexander" - then click on the option at the bottom "properties" - after which you should add the following line "-mod:alexander/SWTW -show_err -ne" without the quote-marks.

Then launch the game through Steam.

So I gave Dagovax Sirrianus the idea to re-make the old Star Wars: Total War mod. I had the models from the easily mod-able game Freedom Force - and when he tried getting them into the Rome: Total War engine they worked well. Fredom Force is from 2005 (the expansion) and RTW is a game from 2004 - so the models were old enough.
    Features of the new 3.0 version of the DEMO:

1. The three old Ewook-units and the old Wookie-unit have been added for the Rebel Alliance as well, and are no longer unique to the Neutral/Slave-faction - also known as the unplayable faction in the games campaign.

2. The Rebel Alliance has gotten six new units in total including the previously mentioned four units - they also have a new T4-B Heavy Tank Mech, and Luke Skywalker from Episode VI Return of the Jedi added as a hero with a bodyguard of Rebel Troopers - armed with his green lightsaber that he made for himself.

3. The new Gamorrean Guard unit - added to the slave/neutral-faction in aprill but never released before -has also been added to the Galactic Empire as an additional unit in their roster.

The Galactic Empire also has two more new units - the IG-88 Assassin Droids, and the First Order Storm Trooper Commanders used previously as Darth Vader's bodyguard only. As a bodyguard they could only fight in melee despite their guns due to being the bodyguard of a melee character (Darth Vader with a lightsaber,) - but as their own units they can actually blast enemies with their guns.

4. A new Historical Battle in the 2nd Death Star has been implemented. Emperor Palpatine with lightning attack added to the historical battle - and it will have Luke Skywalker facing off against Darth Vader and the Emperor himself - the Death Star 2 has custom settlement interiors added by Dagovax as well.

5. I've fixed the missing unit/unit_info-cards of the Wookie-unit and the T4-B Heavy Tank unit.

This mod is still intended for custom battles only for now, as the campaign map hasn't been improved since version 2.0 - the campaign map is there but only has 10 planets/regions/settlements - too few to be able to enjoy a campaign but enough to try out some battles on Endor and on Hoth - Endor in the campaign has Ewook huts unlike Endor in the custom battles.

6. All the battlefields in custom battle except the two made by Dagovax Sirrianus specifically for this mod - Hoth and Endor - have been removed.

Videos:

This is the fifth update-video of Star Wars: Total War - a mod for Rome: Total War: Alexander.

The mod is still a WIP (Work-in-Progress) but it's been updated - it now has four new units - Luke Skywalker from Episode VI as a new hero for the Rebel Alliance, IG-88 Assassin Droids for the Galactic Empire, T4-B Tanks for the Rebel Alliance and Gamorrean Guards for the Neutrals.

A new Historical Battle has been implemented - Duel on Death Star 2 - between Darth Vader, Luke Skuwalker and the Emperor Palpatine.

This is the sixth update-video of Star Wars: Total War - a mod for Rome: Total War: Alexander.

Besides the above mentioned additions the mod has new unit cards for the units that lacked them, the units of the Neutrals (Ewooks, Wookies and Gamorrean Guards (new) has been added to the playable factions - the Rebel Alliance will get the Ewooks and the Wookies, and the Galactic Empire got the Gamorrean Guard.

All the spaceships now work in battle without CTD on all unit sizes.

It's still recommended to play this mod on small unit size as I can't say for certain that it won't CTD if too many giant ships are on the map at once. I managed to play a battle on huge without a CTD but that might not be the case for everyone.

Unit sizes increased for all the infantry so that they are using their maximum numbers. This means that on small unit-size they won't be 5-10 units running around, but instead will be 30 in a unit - which is enough to make it feel like a unit in an army. Giant spaceships, smaller spaceships, tanks, mechs and such will from now on be one in a unit. So most of the fighting will be between infantry shooting at each other and any vehicles and spaceships will be backup in smaller numbers.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 11, 2021 at 01:26 PM.

- The Havamal

Totally Nice!

Recent work that has been done by Dagovax Sirrianus during September this year. I did receive his latest work on December 13th.

Star Wars: Total War - Galactic Campaign-map Regions all DONE:

Dagovax Sirrianus has finished all the regions of the Galactic Campaign.

This means that any future demo will have a campaign map with every planet on it.

The Galactic Campaign Map has new planets:

Dagovax is working on adding placeholder planets to all his new regions, and I've counted and there are between 43-45 regions/settlements/planets in this mod - the Galactic Map is based on a picture of all the planets from the movies episode 1-8, Rogue One and Solo - 45 in total.

It won't have any additional planets from the Expanded Universe, as the mod only has two factions plus the Neutrals/slave-faction which is unplayable.

The campaign will start at 2 BBY before the 4th movie and even before Rogue One.

Due to the release of Rome Remastered the main modder of this project Dagovax Sirrianus s busy porting the great mod Total War: 1942, but he has also taken it upon himself to port Lord of the Rings Total War - another epic mod.

This of course means that he is busy and won't have time on his hands for Star Wars Total War - the least finished mod out of the three.

I have today received his latest work on the map, where he has added varied planet strat-map models to many planets, and Mustafar - the volcano-planet - has it's own unique battlefield in the campaign. I don't think it's been added to the custom battles yet though.

What I can tell you is that if Dagovax will return to this mod later is not certain, but if he does he will port it to Rome Remastered - which now as of its latest patch has unlimited regions, unlimited factions, unlimited cultures and unlimited most things.

I have however taken it upon myself to finish a campaign-demo with the units already implemented.

So you'll get to use the units in the currently available release in a campaign spanning the entire Star Wars Galaxy of every movie, where you can play as the Galactic Empire or as the Rebel Alliance - with Neutrals also holding certain planets.

Expect this to be the final release for a long time, and also the final release on original Rome: Alexander.

The battlefield is Mustafar. So we have Hoth, Mustafar and Endor with unique stuff. I could add this to all the planets. To replace vanilla.. It would certainly be worth it to have a campaign even if Dagovax didn't add every planned unit. We have only one map made by Dagovax. Which stretches the entire galaxy. I'm not a mapper.

We used a picture with every planet of every movie except the last one.

Dagovax did port Darth Vader to the Remaster back when the game released. But Star Wars is probably third on his priority list and chances are it won't be ported. Who knows.. I'm just going to release a version with the map. For vanilla Rome! I don't know anything about porting to Remaster.. It's true that the Remaster would be better used if the project is ever continued in the future. I will be happy as long as I can play a campaign as the Empire in RTW. Would be pretty cool! Always wanted a Star Wars-mod in total war. The idea is very old - No-one had the right skills.

I cannot import outside models into the game. I will use the ones that Dagovax have already implemented. The reason they're demanding is because they're imports. We didn't create them from scratch. I believe they were from a list of custom Freedom Force VS the 3rd Reich models - a game from 2005. So Dagovax had to lower them quite a bit for RTW. But they're like the best the old engine can handle. With a port to Rome Remastered this wouldn't be an issue anymore. But there will be a campaign demo for the original!

On the above note, the mod will need 100% re-worked recruitment, all the buildings re-implemented, new names, new heroes and family members and remade rebel-spawns for the slave-faction.

I'll get into that sometime in the near future. I do also have some other projects in the works for Medieval 2. All of them are in need of updates. But this one is one of the most exciting ones. As it's like a new mod. A Star Wars: Total War-campaign has never been done before. That's why this one is very high on the priority list! When I start modding again..

Until the release enjoy this preview of the recent work by Dagovax which I do have access to.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 29, 2021 at 08:47 AM.

- The Havamal

INSTALLATION:

Rome: Total War - Alexander is needed - update it to the latest version if using the DVD.
    STEAM updates automatically.

It is also recommended and advised to patch the alexander.exe-file with the 4gb patch or the "large address aware"-patch found here:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-...raft-total-war

- It will allow your game RTW - Alexander to make use of more than 2gb of RAM-memory - it will decrease the risk of the game crashing in battle due to too much memory usage.

CD/DVD:

Place the SWTW-folder inside of your "Harddrive Location":\Game Folder\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\alexander-folder using the CD - then move the Star Wars Total War.bat-file to the main Rome Total War directory and double-click it to start the mod.

STEAM:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

The mod crashed when clicking "Start Campaign" on Steam, which I didn't know about - while it worked fine using the DVD/CD. If you have Alexander on STEAM you'd need to download this launcher by Dagovax Sirrianus and place it in the main Alexander folder.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/rom-total...d-launcher-v14

Rome: Total War Mod Launcher 1.4

This Rome: Total War Mod Launcher is a very helpful tool for both Rome Total War modders and users.
    Select a mod, change the wanted startup parameters, and launch the mod!

The launcher features a self-extracting method to fix the steam issue (where it can't load the mod), and swaps everything back when the game closes, so don't worry about losing any data.

This Launcher requires .NET Framework 3.5 to be installed to work!

Installation:

Just place the launcher in your Rome: Total War root directory and run it. You get an error message when you placed the launcher in the wrong location!

The Launcher searches for the engine, so that should be working properly

Features in patch 1.4

+ Fixed the issue where the Launcher could not be used in Alexander from steam.

+ Added a random mod select tool. Roll the dices and let the Launcher select a mod for you!

Features in patch 1.3

+ Fixed an error about the logging file used. It seemed to be a problem for intel core only

Features in patch 1.2

+ Increased sprite generation tool, you can now easily create sprites using the Launcher
    + Added more mods to the known list
    + Fixed some minor bugs

Features in patch 1.1

+ Added Lite version (smaller but fewer functions
    + Now all settings you make should be saved correctly
    + The launcher saves the last mod you played
    + Reworked 'Create Sprites' parameter
    + When 'Create Sprites' is enabled (modders), it automatically uses a special preferences.txt
    + Added log to keep track of errors
    + Registered more mods

STAR WARS TOTAL WAR - a MOD first conceived and released by modder siskinEDGE between 2008-2009, later revived by me - Mr_Nygren, and modder Dagovax Sirrianus in 2020 during the Pandemic- the mod has had 3 custom battle DEMO's since then where you could play as both the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire, but it only had a map with 10 regions/sectors/planets and with no buildings, no balanced recruitment, no gameplay etc.. This is the first release adding a playable campaign - and possibly the last one too - You'd get a map with all 45 Planets of every movie, you'd get 3 factions - the Galactic Empire, the Rebel Alliance and the "Neutrals" which is the slave-faction of RTW Alexander - everything has been polished to an extent where there are no vanilla rebel units, vanilla general portarits, heroes have been added for both main factions - 8 for each and everyone starts with 8 planets, costs and stats have been altered to be balanced between the factions - there are some new units!

Download STAR WARS TOTAL WAR - Campaign Open BETA (STEAM requires Dagovax's Launcher 1.4) - Mod DB

Dagovax Sirrianus had finished all the regions of the Galactic Campaign on September 21st 2021.

"
    "Dagovax worked on adding placeholder planets to all his new regions, which he finished in December of 2021, and I've counted and there are 45 regions/settlements/planets in this mod - the Galactic Map is based on a picture of all the planets from the movies episode 1-8, Rogue One and Solo - 45 in total.

It won't have any additional planets from the Expanded Universe, as the mod only has two factions plus the Neutrals/slave-faction which is unplayable.

The campaign will start at 2 BBY before the 4th movie and even before Rogue One."

The Galactic Campaign Map had new planets in December 2021, that weren't released because the map wasn't at all playable - but the map itself and the planets were ready:

So Dagovax finished a map with 45 regions and the strat-models for the planets.

Including three unique battlefields - Hoth (The Snowy Planet of Episode V), Endor (The Forest Planet of Episode VI - Including Ewook Huts/Buildings) and Mustafar (The Volcano Planet where Anakin turned into Darth Vader).

Dagovax also finished the Empire strat-map models - A Star Deastroyer General, a Tie Fighter Captain & an Imperial Shuffle Diplomat.

I've added Neutral units to every planet after carefully checking out each planet in battle - they have varied garrisons now based on the most suitable troop-type. Unfortunately we're still limited to the units of the demo.

I've added a new "descr_rebel_factions"-file as this file were missing (got it from LotRTW) - then I've replaced the LotRTW-entries with new Star Wars TW entries.

So we'll have the correct rebels spawning in each area and no more vanilla rebels.

The Neutrals are only held-back by the limited aliens of the demo.

There are a lot of forest-planets with Ewook Huts. All of them now have Ewook garrisons. Only Endor has a dense forest out of these - So it's more impressive.

The recruitment = done, Buildings re-enabled = done, Wookie-Unit Description and name fixed, Diplomat cards fixed (Imperial Pilot is in use by both the Empire and the Neutrals, as for some reason the slave-faction/Neutrals share it with the Empire due to the culture,) & the Rebel Pilot for the Rebel Alliance. The Galactic Empire is also using the IG-88 Assasssin Droid card for their Assassin, and the Imperial Scouts for their spy - while the Rebel Alliance is using the Rebel Marksmen for their assassin (sharpshooters) and the "Rebel Scout Speeders" as their spy (Marksmen on Imperial Speeders - bot the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance are using the Galactic Empire strat-models on the map - the agents are all using the Imperial Shuttle.

All the regional area-of-recruitment-units like the TwiLek Rebels, the Gamorrean Guards (Green Pigs with axes), IG-88 Assassin Droids, Wookies and the Ewooks now spread out to every planet where they should be available for recruitment - the Neutral slave-faction can recruit all of them, and the Empire can recruit the IG-88 Assassin Droids and the Gamorrean Guards - while the Rebel Alliance can recruit the rest.

The faction selection has been finished. So the map of the Neutrals have the enemy planets/sectors in red. The Neutrals are holding all the white areas on their map. For the others it's the red areas they're holding. The Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance do start with 8 planets each. This is out of a total of 45 planets, which means that 29 planets are held by the "Neutrals". Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker aren't the "Faction Leaders" but they're kind of the main characters.

I've updated the victory conditions of the mod for both the "Short Campaign" and the "Long Campaign"- the short one is now a "Destroy the other faction"-campaign.

The goal in the short-campaign is to destroy the other faction, as an example the Rebel Alliance will need to destroy the Galactic Empire in order to win - they also need to hold 15 regions out of 45 regions in total - they do start with 8 regions/sectors or planets.

So Regions in the mod are now called "Sectors" - and settlements are called "Planets".

This means that in order to win the faction needs to conquer only 7 additional planets - but if they do that and the other enemy faction still exists the campaign won't end. So the main goal is to destroy the enemy faction, but it also requires you to conquer 7 additional regions. The enemy starts off with 8 as well.

The Galactic Empire has the same conditions but will need to destroy the "Rebel Alliance" instead.

The "Neutrals" have the goal to hold 15 regions and they already hold way more than that.. But they also need to outlive/destroy the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire which will be extremely difficult for them to do.

Then there is the Long campaign - it's the "Total Conquest"-campaign - the goal there is to conquer all 45 sectors/planets on the map as the faction you chose.

The most important Sectors that are extra valuable are specifically named, but as you need all 45 this means that you will indeed destroy the enemy too - the difference is that you won't win until you hold the entire map.

Improved Battle-UI (User Interface) & Banners re-enabled! I've re-implemented the old Battle-UI by SiskinEDGE, after which Dux Pilos "Palpatinos" Wiseau altered the UI a bit. I've also re-enabled the banners in battle. This is the "Hoth" battle-map.

I've also added eight starting heroes for both the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance:

I've added Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Chewbacca/Chewie to the campaign as heroes for the Rebel Alliance.

Han has the Millennium Falcon bodyguard. So he is inside the ship.

This is the "Mustafar" Battle-Map.

Princess Leia Organa added as well. Princess Leia Organa has a unique bodyguard of "Rebel Speeder Scouts" - essentially Rebel Marksmen on Imperial Speeders. A unit they can recruit in the game.

I've added Mon Mothma as the true Faction Leader of the Rebel Alliance, she has a bodyguard which is the Corellian Corvette Smaller Starship. She is the leader of the Rebel Alliance, and starts off at Yavin 4 - the secret Rebel base.

I've added Admiral Ackbar as a new general or hero for the Rebel Alliance, and he has the ship that looks the most like his ship in battle (We're still limited to the unit models of the Demo), and is one out of three generals with giant Starship bodyguards.

Admiral Ackbar is mostly known for his part in Episode VI Return of the Jedi where he says "It's a Trap" in the attack on Death Star 2.

I've added Lando Calrissian as a new hero for the Rebel Alliance, starting at the planet of Bespin - he has a Nebulon B Starship as his bodyguard!

Lando Calrissian, Mon Mothma, Han Solo and Admiral Ackbar all have starships as their bodyguards.

I've added Wedge Antilles as a new hero/general of the Rebel Alliance, using an X-Wing Starfighter as his unique bodyguard - he is starting at the planet of Naboo! With this all the eight starting planets of the Rebel Alliance have their generals or governors.

The portrait of Wedge Antilles is also in use by the generic generals of the Rebel Alliance, and by the generic generals of the "Neutrals" - the Rebel Alliance generic general in battle is a Rebel Pilot after all - this means that the vanilla RTW Roman general portraits have been replaced for the Rebel Alliance and for the Neutrals.
    Wedge Antilles is Luke Skywalker's old friend from Tatooine who later fought side-by-side with him in the battle of Death Star 1.

With this the Rebel Alliance is done as for their starting heroes.

The Rebel Alliance has eight starting planets, and eight starting governors/heroes - the Wookie Chewbacca isn't on this picture and he's the eight one.

The generic general in battle for the Rebel Alliance is the "Rebel Pilot", and he has a bodyguard of "Rebel Marksmen" - female sharpshooters of the Rebel Alliance!

This is the bodyguard you'd get when adopting family members, or when earning generals after victorious battles during the campaign - I didn't want to enable the player to spam starships by adopting lots of family members.. So this is the ordinary general.

The "Hoth Troopers" are used as the generic Captains during the campaign, the commanders of the forces present on the battlefield when there is no general/pilot leading the troops.

The reason Luke Skywalker is in the battle is because this was taken in custom battle, where any hero is just an officer - not the general nor captain.

In the campaign Luke is the general of his unit.

Grand Moff Tarkin has been added as the first new general/hero of the Galactic Empire, using a Death Star I Bodyguard unique to him - a unit you can't recruit or build/construct in the game - you only get one Death Star with Tarkin.

Emperor Palpatine or Darth Sidious has been added as the new faction leader of the Galactic Empire in the mod, obviously we had a Roman general previously as the campaign wasn't finished - he has a bodyguard of "Red Guards" or "Royal Guards" - but with his own unique entry added for him to make him stronger than the regular unit.

He also has unique voice lines.

Lord/Darth Vader added as a new hero for the Galactic Empire in the campaign, he has a bodyguard of Imperial First Order Officers, they're elite Storm Troopers with better stats than the regular ones - and he also has his own unique entry which makes him much better than the regular unit.

Darth Vader also has unique voice lines.

Admiral Thrawn from the Book "Heir to the Empire" or the "Thrawn-trilogy" added as the Heir to the Empire.
    He has a bodyguard that is a Star Destroyer Imperial-I Destroyer - the best Starship the Empire can deploy besides the Death Star I.

So Mara Jade, later to be named Mara Jade Skywalker (after her marriage to Luke Skywalker according to Legends cannon/books) has been added as a new general/hero of the Galactic Empire, and she is using a Tie Interceptor bodyguard (the same ship Darth Vader used in the battle of the Death Star I) - she starts on Tatooine where she was said to have been during Episode VI.

Mara Jade unfortunately doesn't have her own model.

She is an important character from the "Thrawn-trilogy" of books.

She was said to have been stationed at Jabba's Palace during the events of Episode VI, she is the right-hand of Emperor Palpatine and she was ordered to hunt down and kill Luke Skywalker.

Later she will marry Luke and become Mara Jade Skywalker according to Legends lore.

Later she'd be trained by Luke into a Jedi Knight, but during the events of the mod she was an assassin trained by the Emperor.

Maximilian Veers, the AT-AT commander of the battle of the snowy planet of Hoth, has been added as a new general/hero of the Galactic Empire - he has an AT-AT bodyguard.

Tiaan Jerjerrod, the Moff who greeted Lord Vader and Emperor Palpatine in Episode VI, and who later commanded the Death Star II during the battle above Endor - has now been added as a new general for the Galactic Empire!

He has a Star Destroyer Bodyguard due to there being no Death Star II in the mod.

Firmus Piett, a Captain who is promoted into the Commander of Vader's personal Star Destroyer Fleet, after the previous Commander gets choked to death by Vader- has been added as a new general of the Galactic Empire. He is the final general the faction starts out with.

Firmus Piett has a bodyguard that is a Star Destroyer- him being the Commander of Darth Vader's personal Fleet of Star Destroyers.

The Galactic Empire starts out with 8 planets, and 8 generals/heroes - number eight is Maximilian Veers - the AT-AT Commander of the battle on Hoth.

The generic generals are going to share cards with Piett and Jerjerrod - the two Officers that share the same look as the generic general and captain in the mod inside of the battles.

I've replaced the RTW generic Roman general Cards with actual Star Wars cards for both the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire.

The UI on the map has also been changed, using the UI by Dagovax for the Germans in Total War: 1942 and then replacing the symbols with Empire and Rebel Alliance symbols. The UI used to be vanilla previously.
    In battle the UI is the Star Wars Battle UI by SiskinEdge but improved.

I've added the third and final custom battle-map that Dagovax Sirrianus made for the mod - Mustafar, the Volcano Planet - to the custom battle menu when you select stages to fight battles in.

Previously you had Hoth- the Snowy Planet, and Endor -the Forest Planet - now you have the Volcano Planet Mustafar as well where Anakin Skywalker lost to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I've added the TwiLek Rebels, IG-88 Assassin Droids, AT-ST and one of the giant ships to the Neutrals both in the custom battle menu and in the campaign.

I figured that the droids and the TwiLek Rebels should be neutral units as well due to being aliens or droids which fit the faction perfectly.

So the Neutrals were a bit weak without ships or mechs.. So I did add the AT-ST to them from forest-planets only where there are Ewooks - as in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi the Ewooks and the Rebel

Alliance did actually steal some AT-ST mechs from the Empire!

As for the giant ship I just felt they needed a ship in the late game.

The Neutrals also did receive an IG-88 Assassin Droids Bodyguard.

I've added a unit of Imperial Commanders as the new generic bodyguard of the Galactic Empire!

Otherwise their roster is the same.

I've added a new generic bodyguard for the Rebel Alliance - the "Rebel Marksmen".

I've also added a new unit called the "Rebel Speeder Scouts" which is basically the same unit mounted on Imperial Speeders, and unlike earlier information they will be fully recruitable in the campaign - they do use the same unit_info card as the Rebel Marksmen due to no card being made for them and Dagovax has a unique style which made it difficult for me to make new ones for the unit. I've added a new unit_card for the unit though.

An AT-ST Mech is now also available for the faction in both custom battle and in the campaign, but it's limited to "Forest Planets" in the campaign due to the unit only being available as an extra-unit due to the Rebel Alliance managing to snatch some AT-ST's from the Empire in Episode VI - Return of the Jedi.

Finally we have a new starship - the X-Wing Starfighter Bombers (we're limited to the unit models of the previous release so I had no choice but to use the same model/ship for the bomber - there are no Y-Wings in the mod)- the new unit has the same bomb as the Tie Bombers, and it also has the same animation -so it won't fly around in circles unlike the fighter-variant.

The reason for giving the Rebel Alliance a bomber was one, they had bombers in lore, and two - the bombers can kill giant ships easily with a few hits so it was unfair if only the Empire had the unit - especially since the Galactic Empire has the Death Star I and the bombers are probably the only unit that can kill it.

I've replaced the vanilla Roman civilians shared between all three factions (The Neutrals, the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance) with new Star Wars models.

Unfortunately both the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire are Roman houses.. So they did share civilians in the game, as such I couldn't add unique ones to both.

Instead I just added Storm Troopers and Snow Troopers as eye candy when checking out cities.. The civilians don't play a role in the mod except when you check out your cities during peace-time - I just didn't want to replace the Storm Troopers with neutrals.

It makes sense that the Empire has troops everywhere like in the movies, and they're just eye candy anyway - better than having vanilla Romans there.

And that's all of the new additions of the Campaign Open BETA of STAR WARS TOTAL WAR - a mod for Rome: Total War - Alexander - it does require the Alexander Expansion as we ported the old mod to Alexander in order to be able to have heroes like Darth Vader, Palpatine or Luke as custom generals in battle.

Videos:

Credits for the mod:

SiskinEDGE - For the original mod released in October 2008 and updated in February 2009.

- Material he created or added that is still included within the mod would be the custom Star Wars Battle UI, the loading screen pictures, the custom music of the mod and the in-game quotes.

Dagovax Sirrianus - For the rigging of the new models, the new animations (many imported from his other mod "Total War: 1942" and others made from scratch by him for this mod, the new unit/unit-info cards for the majority of the units, the new projectiles of the units, the custom campaign-map, the strat-models on the map such as the "Planets" used by the cities or the Galactic Empire strat-map generals and agents in use by everyone, the custom battlefields of Hoth, Endor and Mustafar - and finally the only custom settlement in the mod which is the Ewook Huts on Endor and other forest planet areas in the mod - I do know that Endor was a Forest Moon though.

Mr_Nygren - For pitching the idea to Dagovax in 2020 and bringing to him the attention of the old Star Wars Total War mod, for providing him with the custom Star Wars models from the game Freedom Force that he rigged for the mod, for playtesting, keeping backups of and making videos of the mod since 2020, for bribing Dagovax with my own money to finish Version 2.0/3.0 + the Campaign Map- and for polishing up the 3.0 custom battle demo by adding missing unit cards, names, descriptions changing the numbers of the units in the mod so that all of them are using the maximum numbers - 30 on small - this mod is intended to be played on "small unit size" or the giant starships will look ugly and you'd get many Death Stars and Millennium Falcons etc, - most of the info previously mentioned was on the custom battle releases.

On the Campaign Open Beta the new Campaign Map was released for the first time, so Dagovax is credited for creating it and I for motivating him to do it - but what about the new release? The map was already finished including the strat-map models back on December 13th 2021 - but the mod wasn't ready to be released back then, no - I'm credited with picking up the WIP (Work-in-Progress)-beta and adding all the playable elements to the campaign such as all the game-play, buildings, recruitment, starting units, additional starting regions, starting heroes, hero-portraits, new bodyguards, the card for the new "Rebel Speeder Scouts", a new Faction Selection Screen for the factions as it was a vanilla RTW selection screen prior to me picking up the mod in early September 2023 - on September 8th to be precise, and I also added additional units to some factions.

I modded this release alone, Dagovax only contributed to this release with the already finished stuff from 2021 that was left unreleased. SiskinEDGE haven't done anything since 2009 except giving us a hand in 2020 by creating a group for the mod and inviting us as co-developers.

Alright, so if I didn't pick the WIP up it wouldn't have been released, because Dagovax had abandoned the project in favor of working on Total War Rome Remastered mods.

So while Dagovax did the most important work, without me this still wouldn't have seen the light of day.

Credits for Star Wars is of course Disney, LucasFilm etc - they do own all the rights to Star Wars and it's characters.

This is a free fan-made mod/project and it's existed since 2008 - the new thing in 2023 is a fully playable Campaign - no earlier release has had a playable campaign.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 29, 2023 at 04:14 PM.

- The Havamal

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Star Wars Total War - Updated with a Campaign Open BETA on Sep 23rd, 2023!

Neat stuff as usual, you continue to keep the spirit alive for these classic and ambitious mods. I would strongly suggest spoilering the videos and images for readability/length and to reduce the upfront rendering of the page.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Default Re: Star Wars Total War - Updated with a Campaign Open BETA on Sep 23rd, 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    Neat stuff as usual, you continue to keep the spirit alive for these classic and ambitious mods. I would strongly suggest spoilering the videos and images for readability/length and to reduce the upfront rendering of the page.
    Thanks, I always wanted a Star Wars Total War myself and never thought that the old version was good enough - when I saw Dagovax's work on Total War: 1942 that made me think he was the man needed to give this a proper release. Sadly it wasn't finished 100% but I did polish up everything that I could do myself - originally it were to get more custom cities, more units, more factions (the Republic and the Confederate Systems etc.) The Rebel Alliance were to get their own strat-map models too. But not everything was done, mostly because focus changed when the Remastered game was released.

I can see this mod having a future in the new Remastered game if anyone is willing to port it - we do allow anyone willing - they do have permission - to port the mod to Total War: Rome Remastered and expand on it there.

One of the main ideas behind releasing this was that maybe younger modders would pick it up and continue it and later in the future we may have a giant Star Wars Total War on Total War Rome Remastered - it's a gamble though.. In the worst case it will continue to thrive on the old engine forever.

This version was also inspired by the Star wars: Total War modding project by Bu11seye00 for Medieval II: Total War - Kingdoms where he sadly lost everything in a harddrive crash in 2014 - he had a galactic map with even more planets than us - probably 199 which is the maximum number in Med2, and he had similar units for the Empire - but I don't believe he had come as far as we have. I did watch three videos of his and the map was similarly built but with even more planets, the strat-models for the Rebel Alliance were also ready so he had come further there, he had cool animations for the AT-AT just like this mod - and he had cool black textures for the sky that we lack - but I don't believe he had the units of the Rebel Alliance ready. At least there are no pictures of them. This project certainly was inspired by his project and is using his "Star Wars: Total War" picture/Avatar for the mod.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 29, 2023 at 04:58 PM.

- The Havamal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12