Thread: Exploring Django Structure

Default Exploring Django Structure

Hello Everyone, I am new in this community and I don't know this is right place to ask this query. I want to know about django structure and model explanation or Can anyone know about django url router? I am working on templates right now and Wants to know about proper django structure like what is django used for?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Exploring Django Structure

I worked with flask rather than django, but django seems to support both MVC and MVT.

Django is a framework (something with lots of boilerplate code which makes your life easier), it supports MVC and MVT design patterns.

MVC is the normal model (data and classes), view (the web page), controller (the way you manipulate the data or objects and prepare it for the web page).

MVT seems different, for some reason django takes care of the controller part. I don't see why as it seems to take a degree of control away.

Url router should be like any other framework. It just routes the user to a webpage (e.g. /help in the site www.(your site).com/help)
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)