Thread: [WIP] America: Total War V.2 Reborn

Default [WIP] America: Total War V.2 Reborn

Hello to everyone, I am here once again after a very long time. I made a post many months ago about a mod that I was developing alone but I stopped due to my limitations. Now, with more energies and a mind more open to learn REAL modding, I decided to redo everything again and I will show you a comparison of my previous maps and ideas and the NEW ones. But not without explaining before, in detail, what is this mod about.

America: Total War is a mod intended to bring the New World to M2TW. But since this is NOT a project aimed to be historical, it will not be centered on pre-columbian tribes. This mod adds a roster of european-like, semi-historical and historical (native) factions, nonetheless they are inspired on the existing territory it occupies. But in a effort to compensate the lack of historical accuracy for all the history lovers here in the community, I have made the map as accurately and big as possible with it's correct shapes, topography, soils and climates. Now you can conquer from Alaska to the Patagonia (which means you have 9267 miles to spill blood for) and, you'll see below, I added some more little extra territories that you have surely forgotten that exist , consider it a gift for all the cartograboos like me (is that even a word?). The map is so big that no one is left outside, so no matter if you're from Baffin Island, Amazonas, South Georgias or anywhere in the Americas you'll be able to play as (or invade) your own hometown.

Ok so, you might want to see more of the new version of the mod or see how it looks like if you haven't seen my first post. Alright so here I will show you the difference between the two maps, the old one from 2019 and the new one from this year. In 2019 I was already experienced with strat mapping, but I didn't had the patience to make such a detailed map.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(Strat. Map screeshots from the old version)

And this year that appearance had to change, so I decided to give it a more realistic look for a complete geographical accuracy. Here are some screenshots:

As I mentioned above, this mod has a roster of 30 european-like, semi-historical and historical factions (with the last ones being the smallest group). Which means the european-like factions are inspired on different European cultures (duh) but they're fantastical, the semi-historical ones are inspired on real myths, hypothesis or what-if scenarios and the historical ones are well...just real.

Here's a faction map list:

(Some flags might change in the future, sorry for the small size)

I would explain and give details of every faction, but I prefer to leave that for the future and leave you all with the intrigue, you can guess what every faction is tho, but of course some details could be escaping you.

Now that the fun part ended, I must explain on what I should work on. I am not sure if my priorities are on a correct order, but for me the most important thing is modelling. Since this is a total conversion it will be vital. I will attach to the traditional M2TW unit structure (you know, peasants, spearmen, spearmilitia, etc...) but I plan to make every faction have an unique look and not to be like in the vanilla game where mostly only the colors of the units changed, I don't plan them to look very fancy tho, just low poly like in the vanilla too. Lately I've been trying to learn to model with Milkshape, it seems easy at first but it gets out of hand.
    So basically:

- Create new factions with vanilla strat/battle models for a start (this would be REALLY helpful to start)
    - Modelling the units.
    - Modelling the settlements of every different culture.

I am currently recruiting, if some modeller or scripters joins the team I will post the American continent map resource from this mod for everyone. I give my word. I hope someone wants to join and give a hand because I really need help with this, and I am sure everyone will like it because everyone is represented here, be it for better or worse . If you're interested feel free to send a DM!

Greetings
    Last edited by Australis; February 10, 2020 at 10:11 AM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [WIP] America: Total War V.2 Reborn

You ought to head over to the Colonies & Empires forum and see if you could get some help from my man Frunk and his team mates. They're working on a VERY simmilar mod, although development has been a little inactive since Frunk took on his forum moderator duties and such.

Oh Frunk replied to my old post, he's a really cool guy who wished the best for my project. But I actually need a modeller or scripter that could join me or guide me, or at least someone that could help me with the first step from my list. Also, I don't know if I should go to seek help from another team, they're already formed and working on their project.

Looks like a legit good mod! Can' t wait for more screenshots. The factions are great! I would suggest that the provinces are not too long and more settlements. Also, each faction should have the right amount of cavalry vs archers vs other units.