Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Medieval 2 roster overhaul: 13th century France and England

Default Re: Medieval 2 roster overhaul: 13th century France and England

great work mighty potato, i did not seen that you have english new units,they look great
    getting older

@stevietheconqueror Thanks a lot! I'll announce it in the stainless steel thread when I release the finished version.

@sullivanclan1 This is less of a mod and more of a collection of units I have made and imported into vanilla Med 2 in order to revamp its rosters. I'm counting on other modders to add them to any mod they whish (stainless steel in particular), since importing them directly in SS6.4 is a bit more complicated and restrictive.

So this mod is only for the main vanilla game and not Stainless Steel? Just wondering!!

In essence this is indeed a vanilla mod, for custom battle only.

Are you going to make this mod for single player campaign sometime this year? Just curious!

Nope. I know it is somewhat frustrating not to have them fully in game, but I would have to learn how to do it and it would take me extra time from finishing the other rosters, so this is not in my agenda as of now. However I might do it once I finish all the early era rosters, which will take me a long time. I too would have loved having them in a campaign, but unfortunately it's hard going that extra length of work, especially when you do it alone!

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

I think you should continue your amazing work. If somebody interested to play those models - there are many tutorials how to do it yourself.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Fine with me! I was jw that's all! Keep up with the good work!!

Hello everyone, I've uploaded the English units! Due to upcoming exams I'll have to wait a while before I can continue my work, but I'll try and move on to Scotland as soon as possible.
    Last edited by MightyPotato; June 09, 2020 at 02:34 PM.

great units!and good luck with your upcoming exams!
    getting older

I've imported many of your new models into my SS6.4. I'll post some screenshots soon. I just want to say thank you again for all of the beautiful work. In particular, I really like the subdued colors and the wide variety in each unit, which appears very authentic to me as would be the make up of such a medieval army.

Good luck with your exams! What are you studying if you don't mind my asking?

P.S. I love the barded and barded bodyguard mounts as well. Is the horse marka your creation as well?
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; July 21, 2020 at 03:17 PM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Thank you very much for your kind comments! I am almost done with my exams, although due to the actual circumstances I might have to wait until early August to be completely done with them. I am studying engineering, although the course I am taking is rather broad which can let me branch off into other domains.

Both the horse marka and the barding models aren't mine (the horse model comes from Rusichi TW and the Barding was made by Anthonius II), I have only done the textures.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I barely discovered this subject and I am amazed by the quality of your production.
    It is quite likely that I will try to include your work (when I have time) in my costume timeline work for SSHIP.
    My biggest shortcomings are in the texture making and I see your models are excellent in this area.
    Congratulations again for your excellent work!

Thanks for the support kostic. I really am appreciative of your work on SSHIP too, it really refreshes the battles in SS! I have been doing quite a bit of unit balancing these days, whilst working on the Scottish unit roster (which is really hard to do due to a lack of documentation). I hope I'll be able to complete it soon, although it will still take a long while.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

It is nice to see my barded horse to become "alive" with such wonderfull colors.

My contribution : a German (Bawarian) knight referemce.

Keep it up!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thnaks for the support! I'm almost done with Scotland, I only have a few unit textures left to do (about 3 units left), but my progress is currently stalled due to the unexpectedly huge amount of work I have as of now for my studies. I'll try to get back to it as soon as I can.

How are things?
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Honestly my work has been very much stalled for the past two months or so, but still I am moving slowly towards the completion of the Scottish roster. Things have been quite complicated lately, I have lots of stuff going on, but the horizon is clearing up

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi! Is there any progress here?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I still intend to use your wonderful units for SSHIP.
    For the moment, I have not done it yet for lack of time and for other priorities. I treasure your work for use when the time comes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast