Thread: Northern General Missing?

Default Northern General Missing?

I would like help on how to solve the System Log error I have.

It says the rebel faction is missing the northern_general battle model in my descr_character.

I would love to get help on how to fix this. I will most likely create a slave general unit if I cannot.

Attached to this post is the txt file for the log.system.log.txt
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Default Re: Northern General Missing?

It's not telling you it can't find the .mesh type model (that would be in the main M2/data or packs) it's saying it can't find the northern_general entry in your battle_models.modeldb

Have you used a battle_models.modeldb from another mod, or 'tidied' yours up? If not the northern_general entry should be in there...

EDIT; if it is in the db but the game isn't reading it, check in-case you have too many units in the db, or some other error above the northern_general entry.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Northern General Missing?

I read the same - the battle model does not exist in the unit_model.modeldb file (this file has no known limit of entries). Which is surprising because that is a standard entry in the main game as well as the DLCs.

Have you worked on that file at some stage? Or have yu changed the entry in the descry_character file?