Thread: lag at end of turn

Default lag at end of turn

Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem, everything works fine, but then after about turn 500 there is a lag of about 5mins at the 'end of turn'.

Campaign and battle work fine, but at 'end of turn' the list nations runs through ok, but then 'egg timer' lasts for around 5mins. This has happened for a couple of campaigns, which I have had to abandon.

My rig is Intel i5, 8GB 2133 hz RAM, Geforce GTX 1070, although probably not the best for gaming, I thought it should cope with Rome II.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Default Re: lag at end of turn

Usually very lagged end turn is when a reform is happening. But if you are at turn 500 that is well past all reforms. I honestly haven't seen many campaigns that far in. However, 5 minutes is an extreme amount of time, normally its like 30 secs to a minute.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Try switching off "show AI player moves" in game settings, to see if there is a difference.

DEI is notoriously slow on HDD. Try it on SSD. It may [MAY] improve loading times up to 5 times. It did for me.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

The thing that lags more than anything else is having a lot of characters ('cause the engine will have to calculate each one every turn).
    I've tested it.
    So, best way to reduce lags is not to have many useless characters. Recruit and marry the ones you need.

Thanks guys for your input, as a rule I never use 'AI player moves', the SSD is an option, but I think first I will try the number of characters idea, because I marry everyone as soon as they are eligible!! Cheers again guys��

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Having monitor_condition instances in the script has a noteable effect which can be accumulated by characters added to the game over time. Most of the times it's not so much the characters themselves that are the problem but rather scripts connected to them, inclusive EDCT and EDA triggers.

Never mind, I was thinking about M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    The thing that lags more than anything else is having a lot of characters ('cause the engine will have to calculate each one every turn).
    I've tested it.
    So, best way to reduce lags is not to have many useless characters. Recruit and marry the ones you need.
    This is very true in my opinion also. Especially the script (supply_system) tends to lag because every character runs their own script chain. Do not confuse this with the dynamic script that runs only when character is selected. There are many calculations that are done to individual character between turns and thus if many chars exists, it tends to take time cumulative. The script is quite optimized but when the game progresses, characters inclrease... 5 minutes on the other hand, that sounds way too much in anyways you look at the game on scriptingwise.
    Last edited by MrTimbe68; February 11, 2020 at 04:44 AM.

SSD saves me a ton of time, its like night and day.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----