Thread: No projectile trails/tracers mod? Anywhere?

Default No projectile trails/tracers mod? Anywhere?

Hi,

I´ve been looking around for a no projectile trails mod but I cannot find any. Apparently the BSM MechDonald mod had a no trails mod pack attached, but it is not there anymore (there's only the BSM pack in the zip file)

Does anyone know where can I find it? Or is anyone willing to upload it? Please! I am using Vanilla with several mods, don't want to use Darthmod, or any other Complete Overhaul mod, have already used them and I rather play tweaked Vanilla.

Many thanks!

Default Re: No projectile trails/tracers mod? Anywhere?

Playing an expanded version of Vanilla ETW is not a bad idea! Many total overhauls are too bloated and buggy.

I made the tracer tweak you wanted: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7v5asni270vrt/

Just drop it into the ETW data folder.
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Hey! Such a fast reply and thanks a lot!

Yes I have tried some of the overhauls, and I didn't like them that much: Darthmod because of the silly Star Wars music, the unpolished menus... etc... some of the other overhauls don't allow to play Warpath and RTI... I have settled for a tweaked, clean vanilla Empire and I am happy with it.

Happier now that I have this little tweak you made. Really, thanks a lot!

I don't know how this works, should I say +rep? Been here for many years but I still haven't figured out that bit.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by HGRC View Post
    Hey! Such a fast reply and thanks a lot!

Yes I have tried some of the overhauls, and I didn't like them that much: Darthmod because of the silly Star Wars music, the unpolished menus... etc... some of the other overhauls don't allow to play Warpath and RTI... I have settled for a tweaked, clean vanilla Empire and I am happy with it.

Happier now that I have this little tweak you made. Really, thanks a lot!

I don't know how this works, should I say +rep? Been here for many years but I still haven't figured out that bit.

Thanks again!
    No problem, I'm happy to help.

You can rep somebody by clicking the little green "+" in the bottom left corner of a post.

I've made a similar Expanded Vanilla game version myself, using mine and other people's mods over the years. The aim is as you say, a clean and polished version of ETW the way it should have been. You can read the notes on it here if you want, maybe for additional inspiration: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3vapj..._2020.pdf/file

Cheers!
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Thank you. I read the PDF file... Man if my Empire feels already like a movie, wouldn't know how yours has to feel...That collection of mods (I understand some made by yourself) is just amazing. Some of them I have already tried to install but links were dead; some of the tweaks probably would be easy to do with PFM (the only time I've ever contributed to this community-shame on me I know- I made a No Cavalry/Infantry Dust for Napoleon TW -should be there still- and I was sweating I may break my installation lol, but I was happy to achieve this little thing and post it)

but as I was saying, I am no modder and messing around with the PFM it's not my thing. Maybe I get inspired one day and start trying things. What I use is GEMFX 1.09 the post processing effects program and I wouldn't be able to play Empire or Medieval without it. It makes Empire look glorious!

Thanks a lot, I'll try to find some of the things in the list. I would really like to increase the artillery size just a tiny bit, say 8 cannons x unit, I read it can be done in unit stats land, but I really don't want to mess things up with the PFM.

You've been really helpful and that is the perfect example of why this community is so awesome. 99% of people I have interacted with are nice and willing to help for love of the game.