Thread: Marian Reforms

Default Marian Reforms

I have some issue with the Marian Reforms. Usually they trigger as soon as a roman faction owns a huge city with urban barracks. My capital Rome fulfills both conditions, but nothing happens. The Year is 256BC.
    I was looking for informations about Marius in RTH before I started the campaign, but with no results. That's why I thought RTH has the same trigger conditions for the Marian Reforms as RTW vanilla.

Could someone please explain me, what I have to do in order to get the Marian Reforms?

Tiro

Default Re: Marian Reforms

I believe the Marian reforms trigger when a Roman faction builds an Imperial Palace in a territory with the hidden resource Italy, excluding Rome, which has the hidden resource Rome. I never checked the RTH files but in Vanilla Italy includes Patavium, Mediolanum, everything south of there to the heal and toe (excluding Rome), and Sicily. I do not believe the Urban Barracks have anything to do with the reforms.

I have my own mod where I removed all the Italy hidden resources from Italy and placed them in my starting corner of the map so I would have total control of when the reforms occur. It always works perfectly.

I hope this helps.

Default Re: Marian Reforms

So all I have to do is to advance another italian city and build an imperial palace there. Thank you so much for explaining this to me.