Thread: I Am A /R/TotalWar Refugee

Default I Am A /R/TotalWar Refugee

I used to be a very active member of the TW sub-Reddit page.

Sadly, since the release of Warhammer 1/2, the sub has completely tanked, and devolved into nothing but low effort ****posts, and circle jerking.

Not only that, but when you make any mention of, perhaps, aggregating the content that's allowed, you're accused of gate-keeping, which is ironic.

I've been playing TW for years, and, of course, know plenty about TWCenter, but, I've never been an active member, as I, quite simply, hate juggling accounts, especially on forums.

But I have hit my breaking point.

I just couldn't take any more of the mindless, low-effort, junk content.

so hello ^.^

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: I Am A /R/TotalWar Refugee

I don't have an account there, even if I sometimes I take a look there for some TW news, but yeah...that's a lot of Warhammer stuff, not my cup of tea lul.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Welcome. We're not the liveliest, but the (mostly) civilized discord that does come about tends to be better for the lack of modern mass appeal.

Welcome!

I know I'm a bit of a dinosaur but I find forums a lot easier to use if you want a conversation to stay on topic (and be able to find relevant bits again).

Hope you enjoy it here

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

From personnal experience with other forums or social network, here you'll have less people and may be less discussion... but of better quality. Most of the time

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Welcome! I know this forum can seem a bit overwhelming at first with all the subforums and whatnot, but I'm sure you'll get used to it. If there's anything you'd like to know from the technical aspects of the forum to the various roles etc, just shoot me a Private Message or a Visitor Message and I'll be happy to help! I'm subscribed to r/totalwar myself mostly for the memes, but here I stay for the community.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Welcome to Total War Centre.

The reddit does seem to often be rather Warhammer focused I agree, though it does have its good points too. But there's certainly advantages to a community with different forums for different games, that's for sure.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Welcome to TWC!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Oh, yeah, I know what you mean. That sub should be renamed to /r/warhammer_memes...

Try criticizing Warhammer stuff there, and downvotes rain like arrows from the sky. I also surmise that once the fantasy games were released, the average age of the active poster there dropped by a number of years.

Welcome!
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

Quote Originally Posted by -Durango- View Post
    Oh, yeah, I know what you mean. That sub should be renamed to /r/warhammer_memes...

Try criticizing Warhammer stuff there, and downvotes rain like arrows from the sky. I also surmise that once the fantasy games were released, the average age of the active poster there dropped by a number of years.

Welcome!
    Thank you, and thank you all.