Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Export_descr_unit soldier count unlocker

Default Re: Export_descr_unit soldier count unlocker

Quote Originally Posted by FoggyFogFiggy View Post
    Hello! Just to let you know that something is wrong with your version, but the version of Jojo works fine. I tested with Steam, and I think it has something to do with the kingdom.exe and medieval.exe. And thank you so much Jojo for this great tool, it so cool after so many years of existence to see people still contributing at making Med2 the greatest game.
    It doesn't matter which mod you run)
    If you did not rename the .exe file of the game, then there really is a problem and needs to be fixed. I also want to say that for the disk version of the game, the program will work correctly only with the kingdoms.exe file, and in the steam version only with medieval2.exe.
    What exactly went wrong?
    I just checked the program, everything works as it should.

Hello! Just to let you know that something is wrong with your version, but the version of Jojo works fine. I tested with Steam, and I think it has something to do with the kingdom.exe and medieval.exe. And thank you so much Jojo for this great tool, it so cool after so many years of existence to see people still contributing at making Med2 the greatest game.

EDIT : I tested on Rise of Three Kingdoms mod.
    One more thing: both my program and the Jojo00182 program, due to their simplicity and implementation features, may not work when the game starts, if you try to click in the program window or enter something there before (after starting the game, you can click again and see that the program worked, but there will no longer be any sense in these changes, because everything the game needs is already loaded with the old values).
    In this case, the game and program should be closed and reopened.
    I recommend registering the launch of the program in the .bat file of the mod above the executable file of the game, it is for this mode of work that our programs with Jojo00182 are designed)

Jojo's program works perfectly fine and everything is already set on my ends regarding the exes of M2TW. When trying yours, it launched the game a few second and it CTD. I don't know what went wrong, I just know that your program doesn't work with me (Steam user) but Jojo's does.

Jojo's program works perfectly fine and everything is already set on my ends regarding the exes of M2TW. When trying yours, it launched the game a few second and it CTD. I don't know what went wrong, I just know that your program doesn't work with me (Steam user) but Jojo's does.
    Thanks for the response) But you can write in detail what you did and in what order, did you rename the game .exe file and what does the program write, and at what stage does the error occur? CTD of the game or my program?
    Also check if you have all versions of visual redist c ++ installed. Maybe it’s the matter in them.

I installed your program. Clicked on the exe file and than proceed to click on the executable.bat of the mod I play. The game launched for a second and than CTD.

I installed Jojo's program. Clicked on his exe file and than proceed to click on the executable.bat of the mod I play. The game launched and works fine.

I don't need to rename the exe file of my game, it already been done a long time ago as I already said. I'm pretty much content with Jojo's program right now, so I don't need to look further to enjoy 300 units size. I have steam version so maybe that's where the problem lies, who knows. Good luck.

I installed your program. Clicked on the exe file and than proceed to click on the executable.bat of the mod I play. The game launched for a second and than CTD.

I installed Jojo's program. Clicked on his exe file and than proceed to click on the executable.bat of the mod I play. The game launched and works fine.

I don't need to rename the exe file of my game, it already been done a long time ago as I already said. I'm pretty much content with Jojo's program right now, so I don't need to look further to enjoy 300 units size. I have steam version so maybe that's where the problem lies, who knows. Good luck.
    That is, your executable file from the steam version is called kingdoms.exe?

And I asked to write what my program writes, this is important, so I can determine at what stage the error occurs.

Executable.bat from the mod, and my kingdom.exe is in the M2TW folder. And your program didn't wrote anything. It stayed the same as far as I recall.

Executable.bat from the mod, and my kingdom.exe is in the M2TW folder. And your program didn't wrote anything. It stayed the same as far as I recall.
    Rename the .exe game file to medieval2.exe, in the Steam version it should be called that way.
    The program cannot write anything, after each step it displays a line of text in its window, for example:
    Searching for MTW2
    Find "gamename"
    Pause game
    not correct game version!
    etc.

If I rename the exe to medieval, i won't be able to play with my mods. Anyway, Jojo's version works perfectly fine so no need. But it is good advice for those who have a disk version I guess.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

If I rename the exe to medieval, i won't be able to play with my mods.
    You could edit the mod's BAT file accordingly, but ultimatley it will be utterly confusing.

Rather have that application check for the presence of the steam_api.dll file in the game's folder and then use medieval2.exe if present and kingdoms.exe if not. Something like this BAT file:

Spoiler for BAT code
    Code:
    @echo off
    title Gig's Launcher
    cd ..\..
    if not exist steam_api.dll goto regular
    if exist steam_api.dll goto steam
    :regular
    if exist kingdoms.exe (start kingdoms.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg & start [your app here]) ELSE goto errorregular
    exit
    :steam
    IF EXIST medieval2.exe (start medieval2.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg & start [your app here]) ELSE goto errorsteam
    exit
    :errorsteam
        echo ERROR: Cannot find the medieval2 executable.
        echo You probably installed the mod into the wrong folder.
        pause
    exit
    :errorregular
        echo ERROR: Cannot find the kingdoms executable.
        echo Are the kingdoms campaigns installed?
        echo Otherwise you probably installed the mod into the wrong folder.
        pause
    exit

If I rename the exe to medieval, i won't be able to play with my mods. Anyway, Jojo's version works perfectly fine so no need. But it is good advice for those who have a disk version I guess.
    Well, the problem is not in the program.
    I think our versions of the program with jojo differ from each other only in that he gets access to the game process by the title of its window, and I by the name of the game process (i.e. the name of the .exe file), and also because my program supports both disk and steam versions of the game.
    I intentionally make it so that there are no problems with Steam or incompatible versions of the game. In the future, many additional improvements are planned and the integration of Export_descr_unit soldier count unlocker features into my main project is planned.

Blog Entries

Please bear in mind that a very common method of running mods on steam is to copy and rename the medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe - the mod's BAT file then calls the kingdoms executable which is technically the Steam executable and not the CD executable.
    On the other side of the coin 95% of mods for the CD version do not call\use the medieval2.exe file but the kingdoms.exe

Hence my suggestion to test for the presence of the steam_api.dll file which (obviously) is only present in the Steam version.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Please bear in mind that a very common method of running mods on steam is to copy and rename the medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe - the mod's BAT file then calls the kingdoms executable which is technically the Steam executable and not the CD executable.
    On the other side of the coin 95% of mods for the CD version do not call\use the medieval2.exe file but the kingdoms.exe

Hence my suggestion to test for the presence of the steam_api.dll file which (obviously) is only present in the Steam version.
    I can also distinguish versions by the title of the window / version of the game in the file properties, etc. I just want to standardize the builds of the game among users as much as possible, so here I have a little whim.
    I will change the way the game is recognized if there is any incompatibility or error due to this.

Thanks you very much. I feel like this is first step of man on the moon.

I did edited edu of retrofit mod steam version max unit to 300. The game work very well.
    Aromored Swordsman facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/ArmoredSwordsman

Chivalric Knight youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX0...vautK-SbeF_ykw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    I can also distinguish versions by the title of the window / version of the game in the file properties, etc. I just want to standardize the builds of the game among users as much as possible, so here I have a little whim.
    I will change the way the game is recognized if there is any incompatibility or error due to this.
    My explanation might have been confusing. The problem I can see is this:

Steam users copy and rename their medieval2 executable to kingdoms in order to run mods with BAT files that execute the kingdoms.exe file
    Which means looking at the filename to execute the correct code in your application will fail in Steam when the kingdoms executable is run.

File version look up however should work in the above scenario. While I can confirm that Steam is 1.5.2.0 I am not sure if the disk version is a simple 1.5.0 - too long since last I had installed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    My explanation might have been confusing. The problem I can see is this:

Steam users copy and rename their medieval2 executable to kingdoms in order to run mods with BAT files that execute the kingdoms.exe file
    Which means looking at the filename to execute the correct code in your application will fail in Steam when the kingdoms executable is run.

File version look up however should work in the above scenario. While I can confirm that Steam is 1.5.2.0 I am not sure if the disk version is a simple 1.5.0 - too long since last I had installed it.
    Disk version is 1.5.0.0.
    Players can instead of renaming medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe simply write medieval2.exe in the mod .bat file. It seems to me a more correct option.
    But since you insist so, then I can rewrite my program, it will take a couple of minutes.

My programm looks for a process named "medieval2.exe".
    The usual approach for steam users is to have a kingdoms.exe and a medieval2.exe (both the same file).
    The mod's .bat launches the kingdoms.exe, which notices that it is not launched via Steam and launches the medieval2.exe via Steam. (This seems to work best)
    As a side note this also means if you want to modify your exe (to not have to always start my program), you would modify "medieval2.exe" not "kingdoms.exe". (Disclaimer: I do not support nor teach this)

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo00182 View Post
    My programm looks for a process named "medieval2.exe".
    The usual approach for steam users is to have a kingdoms.exe and a medieval2.exe (both the same file).
    The mod's .bat launches the kingdoms.exe, which notices that it is not launched via Steam and launches the medieval2.exe via Steam. (This seems to work best)
    As a side note this also means if you want to modify your exe (to not have to always start my program), you would modify "medieval2.exe" not "kingdoms.exe". (Disclaimer: I do not support nor teach this)
    Were you able to see other changes in the game besides the maximum number of 300 soldier?

What changes do you mean? This version of the tool only changes the soldier numbers, so no further changes.
    I do however have an experimental one that disables one instruction and thereby prevents Berserkers (the real ones from RTW) from crashing.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo00182 View Post
    What changes do you mean? This version of the tool only changes the soldier numbers, so no further changes.
    I do however have an experimental one that disables one instruction and thereby prevents Berserkers (the real ones from RTW) from crashing.
    Is it possible to have more than 300 soldiers?

How did you manage to change the lines of code?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast