Thread: Modding WITHOUT a Mod Manager?

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Default Modding WITHOUT a Mod Manager?

For my own reasons, I've a desire to try modding my game low-tech by just dropping my mods into the Data folder. Totally bypassing using any mod manager.

I've done it before with other titles in the past, but I never nailed down the science of it.

I've read elsewhere that you don't even need a user.script.txt if you mod file is in movie format. Sounds easy; I like that.

But how does that work, exactly?
    Would multiple movie format mods be trying to run simultaneously?
    Could that be mitigated through prefixing the mod names alphabetically?

You'd think that there would be a detailed resource about such low-tech modding techniques, but all I can find thus far are fragmented tips and rumours.

Back in the day, I'd have hit up Erasmus or Husserl, but they've long since left the community.

IF anyone here knows where to look for a concise tutorial (perhaps buried in one of the several PFM 'how to' threads) please point me there.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; February 04, 2020 at 01:53 PM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Modding WITHOUT a Mod Manager?

Mods would still need to be converted into movie mod format, I would think it is the same amount of work. Typing only %appdata% in your windows explorer and then looking into The Creative Assembly in roaming folder (IIRC) will have the user script file in the scripts folder of the associated game.

In my opinion however, a mod manager like Kaedrins is easier or even the default one. If you need more specific help I can make a better explanation at my computer, I am just typing from my phone.