Thread: Details on how combat works?

Default Details on how combat works?

Is there guide or document that details how combat exactly works (STW and/or MTW). I understand each unit has the following stats,

Charge, attack, defense, amour, speed, and moral.

But is there a calculation on how STW makes checks, is there any randomness?

Thank you

Default Re: Details on how combat works?

I actually found the answer to this question. I had ordered the Prima strategy guide for STW and it finally arrived. It actually has a detailed section on how combat works.

I can post all the details in anyone is interested and the guide doesn't get super gritty in the details but says the following.

Melee is calculated on a man to man basis. Each man makes one cycle but can be attacked many times at once. The game calculates the attack - defense for each soldier then adds and subtracts additional factors such as honor, fatigue, terrain, flanking, formations, etc. Every factor has a positive or negative number. This number determines of the attacker kills or pushes back the defender.

Then, it says each factor increase in this final value gives a 20 percent increase to the chance of killing the defender. I'm not entirely sure what the means. I assume that means if you end up with +5 on a unit you will kill a model each attack unless it caps.

Not as detailed as I wish but at least gives me a good idea on how melee combat works.