View Poll Results: Shall Turkafinwë be a civitate?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Civitate] Turkafinwë (Patron: Legio_Italica)

Default [Civitate] Turkafinwë (Patron: Legio_Italica)

To the Curia:

I present to you Turkafinwë, candidate for citizenship. As you’ll see, his qualifications speak for themselves, but I’ll nevertheless make the necessary introduction. As part of Content, I’ve tried to keep my eye out for potential citizens along the way. The thing about Turk is, he caught my attention before I even started looking. His activity and various contributions to Content are outstanding, and indicate an earnest and sustained commitment to the TWC community. His writing skills regularly produce quality work for Content and have added tremendous value to the community we all love. Not only that, he is everything I imagine when I think of what a citizen should be and how I believe we all ought to comport ourselves here. He is quite literally a model candidate, and I consider myself lucky to be the one to sponsor him. See below for yourself.

Applicant's Part Greetings, esteemed members of the Cvria, my name is Turkafinwë (shortened Turk for those who already know me) and you might've seen my activity about the Writers' Study – and other parts of TWC – for almost two years now. I joined TWC in the year 2013 when I was but an edgy Belgian teenager, primarily to find mods for Rome Total War and Medieval 2 Total War. Afterwards I was content and took a very long nap and had great fun in just gaming away the time. Then the year 2018 came along and I rediscovered Total War Center and more importantly, I discovered the Writers' Study. I couldn't believe my eyes from what I saw there, an entire forum dedicated to campaigns turned into stories. I had been writing AAR's for years before I even knew that was a thing. (even now I have countless accounts of campaigns hidden in my closet that have not yet seen the light of day). To come to the point of this part of my story on TWC, the actual starting point of my adventure onto the website was when I started writing (and posting) my AAR, To Earn a Kingdom. Not long after I became an active member of the Writers' Study, mostly AAR section, I was contacted by Alwyn. He asked me if I wanted to join Content Staff, which I gleefully accepted.

I joined Content Staff in September 2018 as a member to the Writers' Study and Critic's Quill Staff. As Staff member I ran several General Competitions of MAARC, MCWC and TotW but the most notable of my exploits as Staff, so far, was the running of the Writers' Study Yearly Awards 2018-2019 which was a very enjoyable experience. Another piece of labour I'm quite proud of is the recent publication of my AAR review of Derc Plays Through World History for the Critic's Quill.

Besides my work as Staff I also have a small presence in the Hotseat section of TWC, by courtesy of Jadli who introduced me to the then new Quenta Silmarillion Roleplay Hotseat in April 2018. Since then I have joined several other hotseat (all of them RP) and have met numerous friendly members I would otherwise not have contact with.

As you might have noticed by now is that writing is really my 'thing' here on TWC and everything I do is somehow connected to it. I came to the Writers' Study to post my writing and share some of my in-game experiences with the world. I stayed because of the friendly and supportive community that lives there. I joined Content Staff to preserve and further improve that culture and as I discovered more sections of this large website I wished to take it a step further. That is why I apply to become a Citizen, to uphold the values of this website and be a larger part of its existence.

I hope you find my contributions so far and my aspirations for the future sufficient to accept my application. I thank you.

Of course noone is made solely by themselves and I will use this application to thank several people who have made my time on TWC great or otherwise helped me to where I am now. First and foremost a big thanks to atthias who introduced me to the WS and supported me in the early stages of my AAR writing! Thank you to Alwyn who continues to support me and who gave me the opportunity of joining Content Staff! Thanks to Caillagh de Bodemloze for the support and advice I can always count on. And last but not least, a big thank you to Legio_Italica for being my patron.

Thanks all!

References Turkafinwë is an excellent contributor to Content, working in the Writers' Study and Critic's Quill team. He has run many competitions including the Writers' Study Yearly Awards, our biggest single competition of the year. He has contributed to the Critic's Quill by reviewing stories from the Tale of the Week 284 and by a review of Derc's AAR Derc Plays Through World History. He is enthusiastic, reliable and always helpful. He gets on well with everyone and we both enjoy working with him. We're very happy indeed to recommend him for citizenship.

- Alwyn and Caillagh de Bodemloze, Content Hex
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Civitate] Turkafinwë (Patron: Legio_Italica)

Support. Turk has a very strong track record in staff, even if a lot of the work he does might go unnoticed sometimes - competition management and archiving are not the flashiest of jobs, but necessary and oftentimes more demanding than they may let on. Nevertheless, he has always been energetic, positive and courteous in his duties. His long running AAR is also very professional and shouldn't be overlooked. If you ask me, he's a little overdue for citizenship!

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Very much support.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Strong support! Bit overdue indeed
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Support

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

With Vulcan minds such Alwyn and Caillagh supporting the fellow, how could I not support.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Support.

Why have you waited, Legio? You should have done this last year.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

One of the straightest support ever, I don't even need to read the application honestly, the names are enough

Don't get me wrong, no will to lack the due respect, but since I've been following (indirectly) all of Turkafinwë's struggles in the Staff, I totally agree that he deserves citizenship.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Support.
    The Armenian Issue

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Support
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

My unlimited support!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Support

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Support

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

support
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Poll added

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Voted, with pleasure
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Voted
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Support and Voted.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Hoo boy, he just reminded me about that first age mod. Support!
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast