Thread: CTD always just before papal faction starts turn

Default CTD always just before papal faction starts turn

Hi.

I changed a faction (france) to be the papal faction. Now, every time just before france starts its turn, I get the

[system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit

error message.

I have a script that logs me every time a faction is starting and ending its turn. The last entry in the log is always the one saying that the faction BEFORE france (papal faction) has ended its turn. There is no log entry that says that france has started its turn. What am I doing wrong? What does happen between two factions turns? Which triggers and so on are executed? Is it possible that the crash comes because there are no cardinals and maybe the pope is trying to die?

Default Re: CTD always just before papal faction starts turn

Sorry I do not know how to edit the post, but I forgot to add: It does not crash EVERY turn, but its lose a 1/3 chance that the game will crash right before turn start of papal faction. Also, it does seem not to happen until after the first ~15-20 turns.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Ocyalos View Post
    Sorry I do not know how to edit the post
    You need 25 posts before being able to edit your post.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

What is also interesting: After ~40 turns, the CTDs went away. Played now ~60 more turns without any CTD. Isnt that strange?

Can nobody help me?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

A lot of stuff is directly tied to the papal_states faction being the pope's faction. Making france the pope's faction will have caused that error.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    A lot of stuff is directly tied to the papal_states faction being the pope's faction. Making france the pope's faction will have caused that error.
    I suspected that, but is that really hardcoded? I recall that papal faction can be transferred to another faction with no problems if all the proper files have been edited.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's a big IF - the special_faction_type transfer is the least of the issues.

Which brings me to the queston: why on earth would you want to rename the data name of the faction (which is referenced in numerous files) if all you have to do is change the display name in data\text\expanded.txt?