Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.3 mod download & technical issues

Default Re: NTW3 v8.9 download & technical issues

Thanks for the answer, now I understand you all correctly rewrote my question, I still want to know if you need to install an additional launcher 8.7, and patch 8.8 in one of the videos these two files say after version 8.8 and patch 8.9 is not necessary to install, and the site contains information that they are no longer supported in another video, these files will be recommended anyway, I'm sorry I'm not English, if you do not understand something in my question

Thanks for the answer now I understand you all correctly rewrote my question, I still want to understand whether you need to install an additional launcher 8.7, and patch 8.8 in one of the videos these two files say after version 8.8 and patch 8.9 is not required to install, and the site contains information that they are no longer supported in other videos these files will recommend anyway as correct sorry I'm not English if you do not understand something in my questions

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

The instructions in this install video by TSJ should be able to help you install the NTW3 mod up to the latest v89.

Thanks for the explanation

Please ask another question whether you need to install NTW3 v8.8 campaign patch before installing NTW3 v8.9.1 Add-on

Quote Originally Posted by Olg View Post
    Do you need to install NTW3 v8.8 campaign patch before installing NTW3 v8.9.1 Add-on
    No the NTWv89.1 patch takes care of that

Thank you, I understand

DanDare2050's Avatar Laetus

I deleted TW-N from steam apps and the roaming data. Then I reinstalled from steam and played Austerlitz through. All well.
    Then I ran the NTW3 Installers as follows:
    NTW3-8.7-Core.exe
    NTW3-8.8-Patch.1.exe
    NTW3-8.9-Patch.exe
    I opened the launcher ( Napoleonic Total War III 8.9.exe ), Hardcore Battles. Set up a battle with Spain-1A, A.I. As Soult in attack position and me as Spanish troops in defence position. I started the battle and changed cameras so I would not always be sinking below ground level.
    Bugs:
    No Battle Maps
    No Target Zones
    - I tried going to the options and toggling these on and off. Nothing.
    Hovers over the units are incomplete, lots of missing text and info about unit types.
    I ran the battle and just as both sides were closing, before the first shot was fired, the game just quit abruptly.

I'm on windows 10. 32GB Ram. 64bit. Radeon Graphics Card.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDare2050 View Post
    No Battle Maps
    By which I mean the mini map at top right of the screen. (Radar?)

I'd suggest that you open the NTW3 desktop launcher and "Restore vanilla" and play an original game to verify that the vanilla game is working correctly.
    Remove the NTW3 mod files with the "unins application" at the bottom of the Napoleon Total War folder. Manually remove any remaining NTW3 files and folders.
    Go to ModDB download the files and install as shown in this video by TSJ. There is more help on our Discord channel @ LordzNTW3

Last edited by Lord Davn; December 22, 2020 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    I'd suggest that you open the NTW3 desktop launcher and "Restore vanilla" and play an original game to verify that the vanilla game is working correctly.
    Remove the NTW3 mod files with the "unins application" at the bottom of the Napoleon Total War folder. Manually remove any remaining NTW3 files and folders.
    Go to ModDB download the files and install as shown in this video by TSJ. There is more help on our Discord channel @ LordzNTW3
    Restored NTW Vanilla successful. Played Waterloo right through. No glitches. Moving on to uninstall.

Is there a list of what directories these will be in. I don't want to miss any.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 23, 2020 at 08:56 AM.

Restore Vanilla successful. Played Waterloo right through. No glitches.
    Uninstall completed. Also Manually deleted folders in Roaming.
    Played Borodino through to make sure all is still well with vanilla.

re-downloaded all files.
    Ran NTW3-8.7-Core.exe - waited for completion and closed installer.
    Copy over Napoleonic_Total_War_III_8.7.exe and deleted Napoleonic Total War III 8.7.exe.
    Ran NTW3-8.8-Patch.1.exe - waited for completion and closed installer.
    Ran NTW3-8.9-Patch.exe - waited for completion and closed installer.
    Ran Napoleonic Total War III 8.9.exe from Launcher2 location.
    Hardcore battles.

Mini map appears but even my own troops do not show up. Enemy do not show on the radar either.
    Floating flags, only the morale bar shows up, not the flag.
    Target zones do not appear for the selected troops.
    Quit out.

Extracted NTW3-v8.9.1-Addon.2.rar to NTW3 folder (replaced 12 files with same name)
    Run again

Same Problem still.
    Tried a hardcore battle - waterloo scenario. Plays well but still no UI for flags, troop info, target zones or radar.
    Tried classic battle - waterloo. Flags show. Everything else the same. Program crashed early on in battle.

Try 8.8 Launcher instead - hard core battle - simple commander, cav, art and line on each side. Same problems. Played all the way through though.

Try 8.7 Launcher instead - hard core battle - simple commander, cav, art and line on each side. Full info cards now showing. No units on radar. No target zones. No floating flags.

Edited preferences script values:
    show_target_zones true; # show_target_zones <true|false>, Show firing arcs etc #
    minimised_ui false; # minimised_ui <true|false>, show minimised ui #
    ui_card_mode 0; # ui_card_mode <0|1|2>, Only applicable with minimised ui. 0 = always, 1 = slide on, 2 = never #
    ui_radar_mode 0; # ui_radar_mode <0|1|2>, Only applicable with minimised ui. 0 = always, 1 = slide on, 2 = never #
    ui_land_unit_ids 2; # ui_land_unit_ids <0|1|2>, 0 = always, 1 = on mouse over, 2 = never #

Edit file to change ui_land_unit_ids to 0, set to read only and run with 8.9 again. Read only annoyed the system a bit. No improvement.

A friend then decided to also follow the video on their machine (different memory footprint, screen size, graphics card) with the same result.

I'm now downloading a fresh copy of TW Napoleon and in the morning (it's nearly midnight here) I will install 8.7 of the mod by itself and run it to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDare2050 View Post
    Is there a list of what directories these will be in. I don't want to miss any.
    Open your data folder and go to the NTW3 folder, you should have these folders in place after the install for NTW3_v8.9.1

My friend and I have each spent about 18 hrs straight on this. I even just installed the 8.7 patch alone. He's going to try one more thing. We are both using the Steam definitive edition of TW. He's going to start over with a non-steam copy and see what happens. We both suspect there is some permission thing, a missing texture that's glitching the thread or even a coordinate offset that's throwing these things off screen. We have some limited diagnostic capability between us as we are both veteran developers, so we'll see how it goes.

Despite all this I can mostly play the battles ok, as the generals had to, just eyeballing the situation. No mini map, no fire zones, no hovering flags and morale markers.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    Thanks for the input, the unit_experience_thresholds table only went up to level 6 (xp6) in both the vanilla & ntw3 files. I'll add four more levels to correct the issue.
    BTW those are some pretty lethal units you have there
    I've reached a point in my campaign where it just becomes unplayable because the AI's units reach level 7 and make my game crash every time i end the turn (before that i just disbanded my units that reached level 6 )
    Could I ask you to tell me which tables do I have to modify to fix the issue for myself? I kinda know my way around Pack File Manager and Save Parser.
    As always, thank for your work on this mod

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I clean downloaded from steam download the mods and put in data folder when i run the 8.7 installer i get these messages
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   1.jpg  

Hi I'm new here. Minor bug but some units with long description have their texts cut off. Perhaps it's due to a mistake in the installation?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	441.9 KB 
ID:	363379

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by edocss View Post
    Could I ask you to tell me which tables do I have to modify to fix the issue for myself?
    Scratch that, it didn't work because I also had to edit the "unit_stats_land_experience_bonuses" table
    It's all good now.

So i have a question. I run with Dartmod. Its amazing in SP. Massive armies and epic battles, But i do miss the MP/Classic battles. Some how i cant get those two to work whit Darth. Whats the biggest difference between them in SP and MP.
    Cheers Delta

Darth Mod overwrites some of the vanilla ntw files which renders other inoperable